Importing Cells from China...?!?

RyanM923

10 mW
Has anyone done this? I'm considering buying a large quantity of 8ah high rate prismatic cells (already have some here), but reading about customs and stuff just has me worried...seems like there are a lot of BS fees and random shit that can get added to your import cost for no reason. So, if you have imported cells from overseas, how did it go for you? What was the total cost to get them to your door compared to the value of the goods?

RyanM923 said:
Has anyone done this? I'm considering buying a large quantity of 8ah high rate prismatic cells (already have some here), but reading about customs and stuff just has me worried...seems like there are a lot of BS fees and random shit that can get added to your import cost for no reason. So, if you have imported cells from overseas, how did it go for you? What was the total cost to get them to your door compared to the value of the goods?

I have the same question... This is soo mysterious.

I can't seem to find someone to sell medium to high-amp 18650 cells in bulk (200 cells) and at resonable price in Canada.
Asides from having a low-value dollar in Canada (1.00 USD = 1.35CAD), I fear costly hazmat shipping fees plus costly customs, brokerage and tax fees if I buy from the US.

The worst would be if the shiping was with UPS : with them, something that cost 200 USD will end up costing at least 320 USD (432 CAD). UPS litteraly rapes their clients with fees over here in Canada (with UPS : add taxes (GST and QST), Custom fees, handeling fees, brokerage fees , admistrative fees... all these are calculated in relation to what THEY estimate is the worth price of the item (often inflated) . I hate UPS :evil: I like USPS and CanadaPost much better as they keep fees to the minimum.

That 4.50 USD Samsung 30Q could end up costing more like 10.00 CAD once delivered to my door... :shock:

Importing from China - If you buy on PayPal you have some safety. Lets say for example you buy and they dont declare and it gets caught, product does not come in a timely manner and you get a refund. Flip-side is they dont declore and it slides on by, you are fine.

PayPal + eBay = even more safety in your purchase. I cant think of any online stores without going to my MS Word document, but places like Fast Tech, DX, Battery Supports, AllBattery, you could also try electricmotorsport, or Luna, or Kinaye, or if you want something RIGHT NOW, buy a Home Depot battery, ~50V 7.5Ah good to go.

Since the other guy is in Canada, why don't you support Justin at www.ebikes.ca he sells top notch quality products and is backed with superb service, warranties and guarantee's. He will not ship undeclared batteries so you will pay a little more but its all worth it. I forget how much extra it would be, I would expect $50 Hasmat Fee, plus S/H.

RPE Las Vegas

Tumich here on ES

Back