* * * The 10,000 Mile Club * * *

safe

1 GW
I didn't want to be the one to create this since I haven't reach this yet.

Whoever has reached over 10,000 miles on their bike can be the "founder" of this club.

:arrow: First one that posts wins!

Well if you count that the bike and tires have done it, then my road e-bike has over 19,000 miles on it now. It started back in 2004, so it took a little more than 3+ years to get this many. But that was through 3 hub motors. The first was a WE Brushless that got over 17,000 miles before I toasted it and my controller in an experiment for more power. I used the WE Brushless from my mountain bike as a replacement for another 1,000 miles, and then recently switched to a Crystalyte 406 hub motor which has I've already put over 1,000 miles on so far.

So for the record, the WE lasted for about 17,000 miles and my replacement 406 motor is young by comparison with only 1,000 (actually 1,043 when I checked the odometer :wink: )

So the bike is outlasting the hub motors as long as I don't blow them up with too much power :lol:

But, this has all been on the same old NiMH pack which is still going strong. The batteries have been used for so long that the writing on top has been worn off by the bumps of riding and the top of the bag scraping against it I guess? The sides of the plastic have wear groves from where they sit side by side and have some wear when they bump from bad places in the road.

Given some poor reviews lately of some of the batteryspace packs, I'm lucky mine are still going strong or I got a batch of NiMH that were of good quality at the time.

:arrow: That's some big mileage.

It's pretty much impossible for the same bike to go that many miles without having to replace a few things. I'd have to say that certain things like the frame would be the defining quality that determines what "the bike" is. If you change the wheels (because they might get bent) or the seat, or tires, or anything else it's still the same bike.

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
Frame + motor or its pretty meaningless. Bonus points if the battery lasts that long.
Fair enough. Count me to 17,000 miles (27,358.8 KM) since that's how long the motor and bike together lasted before I killed the motor. Makes me wonder how much longer it would have last had I not melted everything :(

The bike frame is old, scratched, dirty, but still going strong. The tires are getting close to bald and the chain looks like it was dipped in used motor oil since I don't clean it much. On the bright side, the derailers are still going strong, brake pads have been replaced 3 times in those 17,000 miles, front fork has been replaced with a steel fork, but the rims are still original. Gotta give credit to the folks at REI, those double-wall rims really do hold up. The rear pack and rack are still in one piece (amazingly).

I just got my gohub 48 volt system last fall and this year alone I have 500 mi so far and expect to put 3.000 mi a year on the bike I love this bike!!!

Have done over 10,000km? In kms, all trips are 61% longer...
:D
Lock

Lock said:
Have done over 10,000km? In kms, all trips are 61% longer...

Nice try, but NOT! For the metric set, this is the 16,092.694 km club :D

Back