Lipo RC chargers

Has anyone heard of rcmoment.com? I bought an iMaxRC X400 Lipo charger for my bike build. Has anyone else owned one? Here is the link: https://m.rcmoment.com/battery-charger-accessories-2128/p-rm3382.html

I can't wait to get my last lipo battery. I plan to use two 6s 16Ah 10c turnigy multistar lipo batteries in series at 44.4v nominal. With a power draw of 1500w. Cheap Chinese 18650 would not have been able to handle that. The one I had was only recommenced for 800w power draw, I ran it at 1000w. The I sold it for $150 plus shipping to someone who could use it. I know I lost some money for that, I paid $317 for it, but I was not going to over charge him for that cheap battery. It had an Internal resistance of 0.293 Ohms. The Turnigy Lipo's are closer to 0.02 ohms I think.

Here are some photos of what I bought. I used a led strip power supply for the charger. It has an output of 12v (adjustable +/- 15%) 40 Amps.

Attachments

• RM3382-12.jpg
    RM3382-12.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,291
  • RM3382-13-a6e3.jpg
    RM3382-13-a6e3.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,291
  • $_1 (12).jpg
    $_1 (12).jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,291
That appears to be a value charger with good features.
The add implies that it will chart the charge volts and current etc, but i couldnt find any info. Does it plot/store data for each cell, and can that data be stored or dumped to Logview or similar PC software ?

zackclark70 said:
if you have the money the i charger 4010 is top notch i run mine with 3 server psu and it can charge anything i can throw at it

Great charger, but WAY overkill for his needs. It's like having an AR-15 to shoot hummingbirds.

But, I would suggest something in the iCharger brand. In my estimation, they are the best RC balance chargers in terms of features and reliability. I have LOTS more LiPo than the OP, in many different flavors, and the iCharger 306B is still more than enough for me. And at $160, it's easily less than half price of a 4010.

EDIT: I actually owned a 4010 Duo for about 4 months until I realized I was not using most of the features and was much better served with a $160 device and the rest spent on something like a CAV3

cal3thousand said:
zackclark70 said:
if you have the money the i charger 4010 is top notch i run mine with 3 server psu and it can charge anything i can throw at it

Great charger, but WAY overkill for his needs. It's like having an AR-15 to shoot hummingbirds.

But, I would suggest something in the iCharger brand. In my estimation, they are the best RC balance chargers in terms of features and reliability. I have LOTS more LiPo than the OP, in many different flavors, and the iCharger 306B is still more than enough for me. And at $160, it's easily less than half price of a 4010.

EDIT: I actually owned a 4010 Duo for about 4 months until I realized I was not using most of the features and was much better served with a $160 device and the rest spent on something like a CAV3

Nice, I really want a cycle analyst. I bought this charger on a sale. It was $71 vs it's normal listing price of just over $100. It has a 20 Amp output, hence the 40 amp power supply. It gives me headroom for now. I have plans to use two of these chargers to charge four lipos off that PSU. So it is just enough.

Hillhater said:
The add implies that it will chart the charge volts and current etc, but i couldnt find any info. Does it plot/store data for each cell, and can that data be stored or dumped to Logview or similar PC software ?
Hillhater said:

It does have a mini usb port and mini usb cable for connecting to computer, So I am guessing yes.

cal3thousand said:
zackclark70 said:

if your going to be into ebikes for a while its worth it as you know you can charge anything lol

zackclark70 said:
cal3thousand said:
zackclark70 said:

if your going to be into ebikes for a while its worth it as you know you can charge anything lol

Personally, I realized that I would never use anything larger than 6S packs. Going away from RC Lipo all together eventually; but still have my legacy stuff. I really don't remember the last time I balance charged a pack. It's been a solid year without the need. I guess it helps that I keep my packs within a tight range; I never go to 4.2 V unless balancing, I don't dip down below 3.0 V often either.

Back