E-bike computer for lights etc

General Discussion about electric vehicles.
circuit
100 kW
100 kW

E-bike computer for lights etc

Post by circuit » Oct 18, 2017 8:01 am

I want to make my bike more or less road-worthy, so will add all usual lights: turn signals front and back, daylight lights front and back, brake light, low/high beam main headlight. Also horn, 12V DC-DC, charging indication, power switch, etc.
All of this is bit of nasty job, lots of wiring etc.

So my question is:
is there a jellybean programmable "onboard computer" for ebikes, that will blink the lights, has a powerful switch for horn, maybe some kind of display?
smart and Tiny BMS solution
Visit my blog. Personal projects: Clean Peugeot conversion | Ultralight enduro
Any and all information, such as texts, specifications, drawings or other material that I post are to be used only as a reference for personal, non-commercial projects ONLY. Any republication for personal or commercial needs must be agreed on individually. Use of any information, that I post, for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: E-bike computer for lights etc

Post by amberwolf » Oct 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Not that I know of.

Even if there were, you'd still have to wire all the functions out to everything, including switches to activate them, so there be much difference in the wiring needed.

I explored designing and building such a system in my early ebike days, and it wouldn't have changed the wiring situation, just automated some of the functions so if the rider forgot to do things like turn off signals or turn on headlights the computer would do it for them.

teklektik
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Re: E-bike computer for lights etc

Post by teklektik » Oct 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Visit Grin Technologies at www.ebikes.ca
Build Thread: 2WD Yuba Mundo V4