LOCKED WOT THROTTLE! what could cause this?? (crushed)

mudale222

10 W
Hi
I was riding yesterday in full hard rain, suddenly i was coming to turn and i left the throttle and the regen didn't kick in, i tried to stop by breaks but felt the engine fighting with me, came closer and closer to the turn, gave a little touch to the throttle to try change the"fixtion" of the situation, and the throttle went WOT on me, crushed immediately!
I was at low speed so not too much damage happen to me and the bike, turn them off. Went for the sidewalk, turn them on, put then in front of wall, little touch to the throttle , and they went all wot again, flip around and i barely turn them off.
Went home like 6km walk of shame in the rain...
Home test them again suddenly all fine..
Put them in the shower with a lot of water on then.. nothing again...
????
advice is welcome
(using kelly kls7230s, mxus 3k).

Water in the throttle, most likely. Though it could be water entry elsewhere in the wiring / connectors, anywhere the 5V and throttle wires are going.

Kill switch is useful here, and ebrake should override throttle. Also full voltage signal coming from throttle should trigger a controller fault, though water may create a condition where the throttle signal is not quite full voltage and does emulate a full throttle signal (just unlucky). But ebrake or kill switch should override the throttle for safety. Not all ebikes set up that way, but they should be.

Back