Greentime controllers

was just reading back a bit in this thread, saw some bad press here for leo,
its a long thread so might be worth reiterating that Leo uses genuine 4110 mosfets, as were tested to verify early in this thread,
there are wiring diagrams ( as annotated pics) on the aliexpress pages for the controllers
I've only made a couple of orders with leo which all went smoothly.

i got this controller board. I was told it's a greentime controller but i have not seen one with purple pcb yet. There was no wires with it, just the headers and i am stuck identifying them. I've go HALLS and THROTTLE, BRAKE, CRUISE, PROGRAMMING:
gnd, sp, 4.3V - Throttle
gnd u, v, w, h+ - Hall sensors
gnd, HL - Brake
gnd, xz - Cruise
gnd, Battery+, msp - programming
20150224_172259.jpg

20150224_172308.jpg

20150224_172316.jpg

I would very much like to find reverse header, ignition (logic) header. Perhaps someone has similar one with wires and could trace to the pcb markings?
Thanks

I have 4 of these controllers in 48v 30a, they have been 100% reliable
Does any one know how to to change the low voltage cutoff so I can run 24v?
Is it possible to change the low level braking amount?

Where did you order this controller? They are not original greentime controllers, we never use purple/blue controller PCB board...

been using my greentime controller for a week or two now and although i find the motor is louder it does seem to work well with more power up the hills and gets to top speed quicker, i find im using 3rd gear most of the time, 2nd will climb most of the hills without losing speed, and 4th gets me to 32kmh on the flat( i dont use 5th or 6th as the chain slips around the smaller sprockets), havnt tried a 3 speed switch yet and unless i find a switch i doubt i will as im happy with it as is, in fact its now exactly what i wanted power and speed wise. only thing left to do is work out how to wire up the oro throttle so it all works as i have a few of em as spares.

Just received my 2500w 80a sensorless/sensored 24 fet from Leo.
24FET-IRFB4110-s-3000W-48-84V-80Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller-sensor-sensorless.jpg

I would have bought it months ago but was frustrated by a lack of replies to my questions. I just took a risk and got the controller.

But there is no explanation what so ever of what wire is what. Power/ phases and CA are easy but there's more than that....

I hope I get some replies greentimebike....

go to his website, find your controller, scroll down he has wiring diagrams on the website for each controller.
cant remember website link off top of my head

I was going to order one also, but stalled due to the same issues on a smaller unit by them that turned out to be a total waste of time and money. Sending out units of this complexity without wire diagrams or links to instructions is a major quality failure. No excuse for it. IMO Company sales- support management is not worthy of what looks to be excellent production/ designs.

i just checked greentime website on aliexpress, seems only a few controllers have wiring diagrams, not sure if he has another website. there is a picture on the previous page of this thread with wiring diagram annotated.
here it is again shrunk down the size a bit so you can see the wiring ( from bonald)

wiring diagram.jpg

I have a greentime controller that has same colours as above pic, but also I have two single white wires,
its a 36v/48v controller, so i'm guessing the white wires select low voltage cut off for 36v or 48v.

whatever said:
i just checked greentime website on aliexpress, seems only a few controllers have wiring diagrams, not sure if he has another website. there is a picture on the previous page of this thread with wiring diagram annotated.
here it is again shrunk down the size a bit so you can see the wiring ( from bonald)

Thanks guys, I checked my junk folder and I had a reply sometime in the last eight hours, so post buy support is 100% better in some ways. He gave a picture:

UT8BlowXmxaXXagOFbXf.jpg

Which is still not my controller. Now I'm left with only a few wires to work out between the two pictures. I can now see the orange wire connected to itself for on off regen. However I have another white wire connected to itself. (not sure if this is similar to my lyen which had a multi volt high low?) Finally have one long thin purple wire with the similar ending as the phase/power wires but not as thick...

I'll slowly get all this info from him but man it would be much easier to just post all the info I need in one hit.

does your controller have two different voltages written on it? eg 36v/48v? I think white might be voltage lvc.

can your batts deliver more than 46amps?
soldering shunt will increase amp draw, keep an eye on temperature of the controller though when under load.
Closely inspect the solder traces before going to high amps, I've had a couple of greentime controllers where in places ( especially near the fet legs), the solder traces were quite thin and I had to add some solder to stop any overheating of the high amp tracks. It pays to inspect the solder traces before going to hard.

Hello guys!
I have 36 fet version! I need to active the high level brake,i try to short single yellow wire whit battery+ but don't work,try to short whit 12+ Light and another don't work.I'm very hungry! My bike is very heavy and i need ebrake!
Please help.

Hey guys, thinking of buying one of the greentimes too and i'm currently running around at max 2000-2300w (16s lipo) and i wonder whats the difference between those two controllers:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/24FET-IRFB4110-s-3000W-48-84V-80Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller-sensor-sensorless/522263950.html
vs
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/24FET-4410-s-2000-2500W-48-84V-65Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller/313864_522263788.html

Is it only software settings for bigger safety margin?.. or could there be some hardware difference too, what you think?

The cheaper one has cheaper irfb4410 mosfets which have twice the resistance (create more heat) and lower current ratings than the irfb4110 mosfets in the other one. Since you're running only a modest 30A peak battery current, I wouldn't bother with a big 24fet controller. Their 15fet will suit you fine, which is significantly more compact, though be sure to get one with 4110's for a more efficient more durable controller.

xmasta said:
Hey guys, thinking of buying one of the greentimes too and i'm currently running around at max 2000-2300w (16s lipo) and i wonder whats the difference between those two controllers:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/24FET-IRFB4110-s-3000W-48-84V-80Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller-sensor-sensorless/522263950.html
vs
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/24FET-4410-s-2000-2500W-48-84V-65Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller/313864_522263788.html

Is it only software settings for bigger safety margin?.. or could there be some hardware difference too, what you think?

John in CR said:
The cheaper one has cheaper irfb4410 mosfets which have twice the resistance (create more heat) and lower current ratings than the irfb4110 mosfets in the other one. Since you're running only a modest 30A peak battery current, I wouldn't bother with a big 24fet controller. Their 15fet will suit you fine, which is significantly more compact, though be sure to get one with 4110's for a more efficient more durable controller.

xmasta said:
Hey guys, ...

Oh doh, ofcourse.. not sure how i missed that, must have been sleepy, knew about different mosfets but only compared the ending 10's :D
But about 15fet - with my current, well now kinda dead, lyen 12fet controller I was often hitting 2000w+, drawing 40 amps at 16s lipo.. greentime 15fets seem to be rated 1500w, am I not playing with some risky margins on the hardware?

Tho specs on those say 72v 50a and that equals 3600w actually but what the hey.. china and their labelings, ofc my cruising load isnt 2000w+, take offs and climbs etc are.

edit, controller link: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/72V-1500W-50Amax-BLDC-motor-speed-controller-15FET-IRFB4110-Mosfet-52V-LVC-brushless-sensored-sensorless/313864_936095185.html

IME 15 fet controllers are significantly more robust than 12fets. There's something quite beneficial about having an extra mosfet on the high side of each phase. OTOH you shouldn't have had a problem with a 12fet pushing a 9C as listed in your signature as long as it had 4110s, so if it was running fine at first then maybe the failure was caused by improper installation (inadequate air flow over the controller or wiring got loose and shorted, etc) or improper controller settings.

I had much better results with Greentime's WUXI board controllers and Lyen's XieChang controllers with my motors. Comparable XieChang's always ran hotter than the WUXI's with my harder to drive motors. My only issue with Greentime's controllers was a lack of programmability and getting the initial settings exactly what I wanted. That was a few years ago, so Greentime has probably gotten better at that last part.

John

John in CR said:
IME 15 fet controllers are significantly more robust than 12fets. There's something quite beneficial about having an extra mosfet on the high side of each phase. OTOH you shouldn't have had a problem with a 12fet pushing a 9C as listed in your signature as long as it had 4110s, so if it was running fine at first then maybe the failure was caused by improper installation (inadequate air flow over the controller or wiring got loose and shorted, etc) or improper controller settings.

I had much better results with Greentime's WUXI board controllers and Lyen's XieChang controllers with my motors. Comparable XieChang's always ran hotter than the WUXI's with my harder to drive motors. My only issue with Greentime's controllers was a lack of programmability and getting the initial settings exactly what I wanted. That was a few years ago, so Greentime has probably gotten better at that last part.

John

Thanks for your advice. My Lyen controller didnt die due to mosfet failure, it developed third phase voltage drop for what the cause is unknown yet. Lyen kinda gave up on me and didnt respond anymore when mosfets were not the fault. (more on that on that controllers page: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17683&start=325 ) In short, 2 phases get lets say 14v AC on slow bench cruise but third at the same time gets 6.5v AC. funky noises and uneven motor drive follows.. cant drive like this.
So until i figure it out, I'll order the "1500w" 15fet greentime :) If i ever get lyens working or figured out, i'll use it on my planned second geared motor bike.
Wonder why you guys gave up on the software programmator translation and wiring for these controllers, seemed to make progress and then silence..

geez, leo is sure taking his sweet time with it.. allowed processing time 5 days - now 6 hours left and still not shipped :(
Got question when 2 days were left, if i'm okay with 32v lvc version.. answered that i would prefer to get whats listed and payed for, not sure if he'll make in this time, sigh.

edit, i'll just edit in additional info and will not make new post, jul 26 right now, time was running out on 21, but he got to ship or "ship" it before timer ran out.. it has been 5 days now but dhl tracking number still gives no results.
Havent got answer to my inquiry about that yet.. also he messaged when shipped that oh if you have bms then the 32v lvc isnt a problem. Well i dont run bms, and i let him know about that then too, also havent responded to that.

on 27 i got messages about delays in factory..
followed by apologizes about messing up and and that message was for someone else and that my tracking number was indeed wrong and gave me a TNT delivery tracking number - even tho i picked DHL tracking when i ordered.
(also "Seller has extended Purchase Protection for you." notification on e-mail)
Extending that time makes me worry about how long the shipping actually will take..
TNT number also doesnt give results.. sigh, what a mess - and i just wanted to get a working controller fast :D
Asked now to give me number that he himself tests before sending, that it shows results ... and whats with the TNT when i ordered DHL..

edit, on 28'th the tnt number started giving results, so it was just picked up at 28.

Back