E.S. Quotable Quotes !

xyster said:
Since ypedal posted one of his own, and nobody else quoted it here, I thought I'd submit the proverb-ial good quote self-vote. :D

Mathurin, you're going to scare off the new recruits...errrr, members... who'll rightly suspect endless sphere is some kind of cult. We don't let them know that until the first steps of indoctrination/assimilation are complete!

-Xyster

I fricking knew it...I hate being the new guy :(

I was wondering why the antibot registration question was "type the 2nd, 8th and 13th number in this sentence". Now the strange thing is it didn't have numbers, yet my answer came out as 666, it accepted that answer, I felt I had lost time and was shaken from a deep sleep....and now I'm in. Dang it...

xyster said:

"Sometimes being a weasel can prove useful. (I'm vying for quotability)" -Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh

It's funny, I just looked under my user name. I guess being a "Micro Ferret" can be an OK thing too...(see what I did there) /me Palm face - ahhh...I'm sorry 'bout that.

markz wrote:

But I guess like any country song, play it reverse, you always get the house, woman, dog, truck and license back

:lol:

Dauntless replied:

But your momma still gets run over by a danged ole' train.

:lol:

:)
From here
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69753

Chalo said:
There is a negative cost way to radically reduce carbon emissions. Recycle all the cars, along with anyone caught driving one.

Then set to working on the smaller details.

Concerning harvesting recycled laptop cells, from kin

The old used [laptop] cells would end up with too much capacity to pass as ultrafires

aaaaand, a newbie asks about a generic cheap ebay cell in a thread about the high-capacity Samsung 3000-mAh and 3400-mAh cells:

What about these batteries ?

Brand: KeepPower
Typical Capacity: 5200mAh

Punx0r said:
Yesterday, a hot day, a friend noticed a fridge failing to cool properly. Examination showed the condenser to be badly blocked up with fluff so that it couldn't work properly. A good blast of compressed gas cleared it and it was soon operating properly again. I think your brain could do with the same treatment. Galileo/Newton agree-- 9/11 was an inside job!

Punx0r said:
Similarly, you do repeatedly abuse the word "evidence". If a word could be considered a legal entity I think we'd have a good case for a court injunction preventing you for uttering it on the basis of defamation

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71417&sid=5ae62c3e6aa0486f9094068dc465e099#p1078246

mrass said:
The original controllers are sadly nothing but trouble, I know electronics and daily repair al kinds of equipment but these are just...italian..
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=71766&p=1083503#p1083503

Not very catchy or hilarious in nature.. but totally quotable

Alan B said:
One day during my morning commute I noticed the pack voltage was lower than usual, eventually falling to near the low voltage cutoff. By that time I was a couple of miles from work with a pair of 10% climbs to go. I shut the motor off and pedaled on the level and downhill parts, and got off and pushed up the steep hills (since I don't have low gearing on this heavy ebike for climbing). I arrived at work late, but the battery pack was not damaged. I monitored the cell group balance every few minutes during bulk charging, and insured that the balance was good, and the cells were all above 3.5V and equal in voltage. The pack did not require balance charging, the balance was fine, and $800 worth of lipo was saved.

When there is any reason to suspect battery issues it must be addressed. It may be inconvenient, it may involve pushing the bike or removing the battery pack immediately. Ignoring it may lead to pack damage or even fire.

It turns out the problem here was an intermittent connection on the AC side of the charger at home (a poor quality removable power cable at the charger side), it started to charge and stopped before completing the job.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71740&p=1095096#p1095066
spinningmagnets said:
My son works in IT, and so he has been doing a lot of Win10 surgeries (job security?). In the course of his research, he discovered the Windows development team saved a lot of time and money by simply designing the entire OS around the basic principles found in the instruction manuals for recently translated medieval torture devices.

Chalo said:
Leaving the car at home, or at the junkyard, is an expression of personal character and has nothing to do with the bike. That's why most people, who lack character, will choose a car over any kind of bike every time. It appeals to their fundamental weakness.

A bicycle is a product of a process of refinement much longer and more comprehensive than what all of us together could do with e-bikes in two lifetimes. I believe an e-bike should confirm as closely to the pattern of a traditional bicycle as practicable: steel diamond frame, wheels approximately 700mm in outside diameter with tires 40-60mm wide, rigid fork set to yield about 50mm of trail, swept upright handlebars, luggage capacity, and weight distributed evenly front and rear.

Motorcycles started with this formula, and only departed from it once they were traveling at speeds that have since proved inefficient, noisy, and hazardous. E-bikes should not travel at such speeds, so they shouldn't take their design features from motorcycles.

Back