Low cost Down Hill Triple Crown Fork

That sucks!

Unfortunately you don't get much chance when something lets go on the front of a bike. Middle and rear, not so bad.

I like cheap but reliable parts.But this fork seems really bad: if you can break a magnesium cast overthigtening a bolt that means that an error on the trail can put tour face on some hard rocks...
Buy some new fork from reputable manufacturer if you can afford or an used one locally.
I bought a low end (used) DC for around 150€. It's a rockshox domain r. Simple cheap and really heavy but i can't think a way i can break it. An old but trusted single crown is without dubt better than this cheap chinese thing. Here in Italy you can score a used basic dual crown from 150\200 EUR plus around 50eur for parts for a rebuild if you can do it yourself (and you can use that fork and resell from about the same money).
140usd for a shitty made chinese fork with O USD resale value and unknown "security" seems not a good deal from this prospective...

Just wondering if a single person on here as had a fork failed like that ??? anyone ??? Is there any body that comments neg about this fork that owns this fork ??? or have ridden this fork ?????? Its done a great job on my bike I am a big guy 250 lb and a fast rider I wouldn't try to clear a set of triples @ 60mph with them but for a E bike under 2000 watts and for the money theay are perfect for a low end E bike .

OOPs I posted that befor I saw the pics wow that's nasty just from titeing the pinch bolts ??? you broke the casting??? They had to be cracked befor you bought them think I would go talk to the guy you bought them from . I bought mine brand new came off an a outlaw E bike I am going to the garage right now to check mine out I put a lot of trail use on mine.

rider95 said:
OOPs I posted that befor I saw the pics wow that's nasty just from titeing the pinch bolts ??? you broke the casting??? They had to be cracked befor you bought them think I would go talk to the guy you bought them from . I bought mine brand new came off an a outlaw E bike I am going to the garage right now to check mine out I put a lot of trail use on mine.
I, like you, have been riding on this fork for hundreds of New York city (huge potholes) miles, I started last fall with a NEW 680DH fork on my build, and I have also never top/bottomed out, and I ride very fast too (top speed was 61mph according to my CA)...In fact, IMO the faster you ride the better the shock works and feels, but is perfectly fine at 25 and 10mph too.
Everyone here that criticized the shock has no experience of this model, rather they have pat experiences with way older and much cheaper zoom forks. I agree it's not top or even middle of the range for bikes as it's heavy, but for an Ebike it seems to work great.
The only guy to actually buy one to test one found problems... DUH!! that was IMO totally ridiculous to even think a USED cheapo fork, that's been abused and all but discarded by it's original owner in that condition, (or more accurately, sold to some idiot online :p ) since it was cheap to start with. If he paid more than $25 I'd be surprised! Perhaps the owner caused the damage and therefore sold em?
Whatever the case, It's interesting that those who did buy em new, were careful to follow the install spec guide, think they work well, or don't seem to hate em quite as much as people that have never even owned OR tried them.
They also seem to have an inverted model DH1100 but don't come with shoulder mudguards for the stanchions like the DNM USD 8 model, so I'm not too sure about em plus they're a lil heavier too.
If anyone has them I'd be interested in knowing how they perform.

any more real experience with cheap taiwanese/chinese forks here?
my bomber z1 is losing oil and i think it's time to upgrade to DC with simple coil and oil sump (no cartridge!).

A $150 brand new triple crown magnesium fork is just asking for it. I mean, really? Who buys this stuff? Even if it's structurally sound, the performance will be terrible.

I am looking at fabricating my own headset for this, or even an inverted fork for about 200.. The weight is a killer, but it will never fail on a sub 100 pound bike.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-25-17-38-47.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-25-17-38-47.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,457
The other reason for this decision is I can put suspension stops inside the tubes, 10in travel shouldn't be necessary on the road.. And raise the sanctions in the triple clamps to lower the front end, depending on whether I am running this with my 21" rims on the road or the 19s off road.

I have never run a suspension fork I couldn't trust.. So I ended up running a dual crown rigid fork for a long, long time. Worked great, only I lowsided many, many times. But I've never had a front end failure.

If I were to buy a fork again, I'd go to treatland.tv in SF and get an EBR hydraulic moped fork. As well as, run the hydraulic disc brake setup also sold somewhere on the site. The dual piston caliper uses a 74mm long pad... :mrgreen:

Back