Cross-Canada by Ebike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the MAN, Justin! Into the history books with you. Many congratulations.

Justin, congrats on making it all the way. :) You really ought to consider turning your journal/blogs/posts into a book. It would be a great read, for sure. If you don't want/need the money, you could put the proceeds in a foundation, of sorts, or just reinvest it back into your business.

Anyway, I think what you have accomplished is truly amazing. Have a great ride back to the West Coast.

-- Gary

GGoodrum said:
If you don't want/need the money, you could put the proceeds in a foundation, of sorts, or just reinvest it back into your business.

Epic journey sir! I'd love to see an auction of your ebike bits and pieces... again proceeds to charity or building up Renaissance (which is going to need it with the increased demand!). Your controller alone would fetch a handsome sum I have no doubt.

Congratulations Justin! An amazing accomplishment.
It is wonderful that you made it without any more trouble than you did have .
Hopefully, it pays off in more than just your personal satisfaction.

Next year: How about a trip form Inuvic to Ushuaia, Argentina= (Northernmost town in Canada to the Southernmost town in South America ):!: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !

Just wanted to drop in to give my congratulations. You are truly a pioneer.
Now that your trip is complete... what's next?

I just ordered the parts for my first build from Renaissance, and your staff is extremely helpful.
Soon I will experience my very first ear-to-ear EV grin. I am counting the days.

I don't think the trip is totally over until I take a plunge in the Atlantic ocean,

I was hoping you would go through with that idea---would make a good video

P.S. Congrats on making it C 2 C

Congrats! Awesome voyage!

Congrats on the completion of your trip Justin. You are truly an inspiration. For a while now, my brother and a friend have been planning to cross the USA on pedal only recumbents. While reading your reports over the last weeks I have decided to join them. First I was thinking of replacing me BD36's with a couple of EZEE's, but have decided to build up my endurance, strip the Vision down to pedal mode, add a new lightweight Bob trailer, and go for the ride. :D

But you're missing Cape Breton.

Wait. What about circling 'round PEI?

Oh, hell, not far enough... sorry... I KNOW! Newfoundland!

All kidding aside, Justin, you get the picture... We've all been following this from the get-go. As sad as it seems to see this chapter reach a conclusion, we're equally happy for you that you'll finally get to see home again Real Soon Now. I hope the reality of the conditions you've endured as you've made this journey aren't lost on the other folks who've been reading along (and I don't believe this is the case - this is great community).

I'm still finding myself talking to complete strangers about the great pleasure it was to have met you during this journey, and to have had you stay with us - even if it was for a mere 24 hours. You're such a rare blend of genius, enthusiasm, teacher, student, and a whack of other things... I'm still at a loss, when pressed, to articulate what it is that makes meeting you such a unique experience.

But... A fond memory...

alphiljustin.jpg

As well as some memorabilia...

dumpster%20wheel.jpg

It's the "Dumpster Wheel"... (Try to ignore the batteries in the background. The Yardworks ones, in particular, are very addictive).

If anyone's wound up with my donor wheel, I'd be happy to buy it back :) No, seriously, send me a PM :)

Enjoy the train ride back, Justin! May conditions present the most picturesque ride ever... And remember - there may be big diesels on board, but the things that deliver the drive are electric :)

Hi Justin,

I have witnessed the Moon landing and meeting Terry Fox on his run. These both pale compared to meeting you across 6 lanes of traffic, the evening in high park, and talking with you at Joshua's till 4 in the morning. Keep the bike intact and auction it off!! Take the plunge into the Atlantic. Have a safe and restful trip home but get us some more info on the trip to Halifax we all need our Justin fix. I look forward to reading your blog and seeing your pics.

philf said:
. . .I hope the reality of the conditions you've endured as you've made this journey aren't lost on the other folks who've been reading along (and I don't believe this is the case - this is great community). . .

I doubt many people in this community have ridden a bicycle through a hurricane. I know I haven't. Despite possibly having passed bricks, I envy the man.
That experience will always remain an enormous boost to ones confidence when tackling life's future challenges.

All day Dylan's "Hurricane" has been going through my head and wondering how the lyrics could be changed to tell Justin's story. I can almost hear it as the sound track for his C2C video I'm dying to see. I think he's earned the sobriquet "Hurricane Biker" and that there should be an e-bike honour guard to meet his train in Vancouver.

(Don't worry Justin, we'll keep it low-key.)

The rains and bumps (when I swerved on and off the shoulder) first took out my 10 watt HID light, and then the BMS on the LiFePO4 battery pack.

Yet your homemade stuff faired better. Man I REALLY wish we could get this stuff made in Canda/US rather than Melamina err I mean China.

Lessss said:
The rains and bumps (when I swerved on and off the shoulder) first took out my 10 watt HID light, and then the BMS on the LiFePO4 battery pack.

Yet your homemade stuff faired better. Man I REALLY wish we could get this stuff made in Canda/US rather than Melamina err I mean China.

Imagine a Heathkit e-bike.

Congradulations from Northern Alberta!!
I am going to miss the adventure of the trip we were all sharing with you in this forum!!

I am glad to see other old timers here as well.

Imaging an E-bike by Heathkit!!
Some of the youngters won't even know what Heathkit is.

And no its not the cartoon cat!! :)

Justin, I offer my congatulations from the litle town of Honokaa, Hawaii!! I myself am a transplanted Canadian, born in Calgary.

You are truely an inspiration to all the ebike do-it-yourselfers WORLDWIDE. I'm glad you made it safely to the end of your journey. Take some time off to reflect and enjoy your truely astounding accomplishment!

I hope you would continue in the future by to use your energy and talents to help the rest of us by developing gold standard products and solutions (and purchasing power) so that ebikes can come into the mainstream. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

--Tom_D

Hello Justin
You have done what we all wanted to do.You are the first long distance e-biker.I think it might be a long time before anyone equals this journey.It is quite a privilege to have met you during such an epic ride.It would appear that you are the first hero I ever met.
The best of wishes for whatever comes next.
EDWIN

Hi Justin!

You blown and stretched our minds with your accomplishment.
You have set a unique signature in E-biking history.

Big congrats!! :) :)

Zenon

P.S. When is that train arriving in Vancouver?

Hi Justin,

Why stop now? Only a few thousand miles of water and you can ride past us here too.

Seriously, though, what an achievement. Well done, and I'm so pleased to have been able to follow it as it happened.

Nick

Epic, congratulations!

Anyway, with dancing girls and a climax fighting the ravages of nature I'm sure Hollywood would be interested.

Makes my planned jaunt around the Chiltern Hills in South East England look very tame.

Good job fella!

Congrats Justin!!!!

I was a silent lurker of this thread, only posting once in the beginning to compliment one of the finest and most innovative ebikes I'd ever seen constructed. However, I followed the thread daily -along with our whole community- enjoying your posts ranging from the quirky to the highly technical. My favorite part was seeing your smiling face in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO taken along the way! Even when your bike would (rarely) fail and you would have to push it along -I'm sure in the rain as well- you still kept that unforgettable smile. :mrgreen: Yeah, it might sound corny or new age or what have you, but man I have to say: you've got good vibes. And I think everyone following your journey felt them the whole two months we read your words and saw your pics & vids. Thanks for passing along and sharing your feelings of happiness and hope for the future, hopefully a future in which we can all learn to reverse the effects of our environmental holocaust which makes it so hard for so many of us to smile. This is the beginning of new chapter not only in ebike history but in the book of the new environmental green revolution.
I join hands with everyone to congradulate you in the safe completion of your incredible journey and to say: Justin, you ROCK!

paix

p.s.- Thanks for bringing so many new members to the board as well!

Justin,
I just wanted to chime in with another congratulations! I've been following along silently almost daily to check your progress, and enjoying all the discussion, pictures, videos, and stories. It's been fantastic!
Have a great ride back home, and put your feet up a little - you deserve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back