Great TV Shows!

arkmundi said:
[youtube]bwvlbJ0h35A[/youtube]

HAHA! Reminds me of Iggy (Iggy Pop, in his pre-ebike daze):
[youtube]def3ob2h-1s[/youtube]

Naked and Afraid is sooooooooooo funny. I watched it for a few minutes while scanning the channels.

I like the UFC broadcaster/comedian, forget his name, he also did TV show where contestants eat weird animals and compete for cash, Fear Factor. Joe Rogan is his name.
Well Joe has a TV show, on NetFlix too, examining Sasquatch and other conspiracy theories and such. He seems to have a straight level mind on him.

I watched Bill Oreilly which is a so-so TV show, man that guy is out there sometimes, well most times. Gun Control fanatics are crazy (No offense to anyone here).
Off tangent a little bit here, but really the 2nd ammendment was for homesteading, hunitng and expanding the west into indian territory, took 3 minutes to load a ball.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate Its only a "Great TV" Show in the realm of the arguments, and the way out in left field tangent Bill someimes gets on.

Also watched the British Guy Peirce Morgan, I like his show, watched it last night on same issue, with the Jesse Ventura radical. Peirce keeps his cool, has rational thought etc. Alex Jones is a space cadet, energetic to the extreme, tries to force his views and opinions on others. Ted Nugent is pro gun too, but hes a rocker cant take him too seriously. Watched all those last night until 4am. Amazing, I would put Peirce Morgans show in the realm of "Great TV Show" (See how I stray then BAM come back on topic :wink: )

Other great TV shows, That life raft survival show is pretty "great", I like the TV show where Kevin Oleary, a multi millionare Canadian who takes ex-cons under his wings and teaches them the ins-and-outs of business and how to make it rich. I saw a show the other day, They were trying to sell doggy shampoo service in the middle of Toronto. Craziness I say, but thats a "great" TV show.

Other "great" TV shows..........hmmmm Mr T. and the A-Team, thats a classic TV show man, classic.
The british show, time travel in the phone booth. Ahhh I forget the name.

3rd Rock from the Sun
Futurama
Mork and Mindy
Outlander
Sliders
Smallville
Stargate
That 70s Show
The Twilight Zone
MacGyver

If you like Naked & Afraid, you should check out the new show on the History channel called, "Alone".

It's the survival show that all "survivor" type show fans have always wanted. Total isolation (no camera crew, they film themselves), limited supplies, no artificial gifts of survival goods during the show, no time limit, no voting people off (they throw in the towel only when the contestants want to go home, goal id to be the last person standing for a prize of 500k.

http://www.history.com/shows/alone

Found a new fav episode s04e07. They got along and it was great entertainment. And she seemed to get hotter as it progressed, wow! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjuhWJkXP-w I hadn't laughed since the desert island where the girl gets pissed about stepping in his unburied diarrea lol, but there were a few laughs in this one.

Thanks! I'm definitely checking out 'alone'.

Has american ninja warrior been mentioned? I'm looking forward to this season- there's always so many colorful entrants and obstacles. Pretty crazy stuff- man it would be fun to make and run a course like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y9K-KhPzWc

The Smurfs.
Jetsons.

This "could" give you Nutspecial, an idea. How about a subject on "Great Cartoon Show!" to which we just sit here trying to think of classic great cartoons that we watched as a child, and try to remember the name of them, to which we cant. Then we got to google it, and take 5 minutes to find the name of that show. This is a sign that the user is getting old. :oops: :?

Buzzr TV: Old reruns of classic game shows. Examples: What's My Line, To Tell The Truth, Let's Make A Deal, Password, Family Fued, Tattle Tales, Match Game, I've Got A Secret (featuring the UNIVAC computer), Press Your Luck, Lost and Found, Child's Play, Body Language, Blockbusters, Card Sharks, etc. Lots of stars from yesteryear, many episodes in black and white. A professional time-wasters dream. :lol:
I'd like to see them include Gambit, Truth Or Consequences, Queen For A Day, and Concentration in the future. :D
The vintage commercials for products and sponsors that don't exist anymore are a kick. 8)

Just for Laughs is a funny TV show.
I always like Top Gear, 5th Gear, any automotive show. Overhaulin tv show. Pimp my Ride was cool for a few shows.

What MIGHT make a good TV series. . . .

This is NOT a REAL movie. This is a real live honest to god fan film. John Connor as a kid in 'Terminator 2.' The human partner from the 'Alien Nation' TV series. The replicant girlfriend in 'Blade Runner.' Remember 'Parker Lewis?' And of course the computer generated doctor in 'Star Trek: Voyager.' Not huge names, but successful/recognizable. Of course, they even have MR. CHEKOV, in a 'Star Trek' fan film.

If they can just slap this together, what could that bunch do with the starship Icarus (What a name) if they had a budget? From the ending I'm assuming they're letting Paramount know they're available.

[youtube]UVSP28ND4Gs[/youtube]

The fingers said:
Buzzr TV: Old reruns of classic game shows. Examples: What's My Line, To Tell The Truth, Let's Make A Deal, Password, Family Fued, Tattle Tales, Match Game, I've Got A Secret (featuring the UNIVAC computer), Press Your Luck, Lost and Found, Child's Play, Body Language, Blockbusters, Card Sharks, etc. Lots of stars from yesteryear, many episodes in black and white. A professional time-wasters dream. :lol:
I'd like to see them include Gambit, Truth Or Consequences, Queen For A Day, and Concentration in the future. :D
The vintage commercials for products and sponsors that don't exist anymore are a kick. 8)

I've recently started watching 'Cheers' ... I was too young to understand it when it came out in 1982, but now it's a perfect end of the day show to really relax to

I'm really digging the humour of:

Man Seeking Woman
man_seeking_woman.jpg
You're the Worst
the worst.jpg
Each great in own rite, and wouldn't trade one for the other, but the latter is my fav of the two.

Also, I guess 'Dexter' has been mentioned? Caught the entire thing this year with no spoiler, and was into it after maybe 4 episodes. Some holes, and a little cheesy with the serial killer thing, but overall really well done. One or two chuckles, but the drama/tragedy really got me in the end.
dex.jpg

SHOWS?? noooo...rather a series of very well presented informative messages that are essential for your well being and a successful happy life... regretfully they are often interrupted by some mind numbing,time wasting blather :( ... PS this opinion is expressed by the CREATORS of those wonderfull words of wisdom and is considered correct 19 times out of 20 and is accurate to plus or minus of ??%

Imo this was a great season with arrow, flash, get away with murder, call saul, supernatural, man seeking, sunny philadelphia, and limitless. Lots with 23 episodes, all good.

Nice recommend elseware on limitless dauntless. The lead-in wasn't to par for me, but the series is standing on it's own.

12 monkeys I thought would be a one-and-done in 2015, but this new season is kinda stretching my mind a bit more. Good on them. There will only be a few for this half of the year, and it's too bad person of interest will complete.

nutspecial said:
Nice recommend elseware on limitless dauntless. The lead-in wasn't to par for me, but the series is standing on it's own.

It got better?? Dang, I saw the first and wrote the whole thing off.

'le Jetee,' upon which they based '12 Monkeys,' is a show stopper for film students. I found parts 2&3 online with subtitles, but part 1 is nowhere. Probably not the same without the whole story.

[youtube]s5a_NSBrp1c[/youtube]

A motion picture, that is not motion? :lol: I get the concept though, and it's neat to see the evolution from the original work to the next (two?) ~2hr movies called 12 monkeys, and now the series that is currently getting close to 15hrs of content. Evolution of an idea I guess, depending on how you want to look at it.

And yeah, limitless was a facepalm for the initial spin off imo but through that first season it's evolving to it's own rite. Very entertaining imo, like 'how to get away with murder' for different reason, but similar in that they are pushing the boundaries and always give me something to think about even if I don't fully agree.

So I got two new summer favorites this year.
Perhaps it's because 'nothing' else is on, but gotta say I'm really liking aspects of DARK MATTER

Dark-Matter.jpg

And favorite new series, BRAINDEAD

braindeadd.jpg

WRECKED had a good first season too imo, but the former are a little more interesting to my taste.

. . . And of course there's these two:

m2.jpg
j2.jpg
:wink:

Just to set this up for those who don't watch 'Once Upon a Time,' a curse by the Evil Queen has landed select denizens of the Enchanted Forest in Vermont, initially completely forgetful of everything but being middle America. By now they remember, but when the uncursed Captain Hook shows up he's a fish out of water in the real world. If you've read 'Peter and Wendy' then you realize that Hook is an alias for a rogue member of a rich family who always send their sons to Eton, a man always trying to exhibit good form. I say this guy absolutely nails it, week after week.

Hook being a bad guy who always seeks justice against other bad guys who exhibit bad form, (As is his mission in going after the serial killer Peter Pan in 'Peter and Wendy.') StoryBrook offers him a selection of fairy tale villans, one in particular, when the Queen of Hearts escapes Wonderland and joins her Evil Queen daughter in Storybrook.

Leroy is Grumpy from the 7 Dwarfs, there's Snow White, Prince Charming, 'Little' Red Riding Hood, etc. Hook has just woke up from being operated on by the (Former) Whale that once swallowed pinocchio and is with another patient. This is called a (Three year old) 'Deleted Scene' but I wonder if it's just a sketch they put out to promote the show, it's a little too on the nose.

[youtube]LFemze-xYK4[/youtube]

Back