MOVIE NITE

So 'Limitless' is about to be a series, with a single appearance from Bradley Cooper and a new guy taking custody of the drug. I don't know, I think the concept is used up and an innovative idea, from here on it seems like it would be the 'James Bond Drug.'

All movies use the same concepts of previous movies, its just how long between and have the audience forgotten, or is there a new audience.

That is Hollywood, re-use and rake in the benjamins!

Lol, now that I've used Cage's meme, I should mention my favs of his: Drive Angry and Season of the Witch, both from 2011. Drive angry had the funniest scene with a whorish woman and a 'fight' lol.

Nice izeman. Did you like intersteller? I was disappointed by gravity and jurassic- I hate when that happens, but I just expected more. Both were ok, like the new madmax one. Gravity did have an interesting twist I think, and the cgi was pretty damn good :wink:

Did you watch sharknado markz? Damn that one has gotta get some kind of award for originality right? Maybe the facepalm award? :p
season.jpg
drive.jpg

I watched it on Youtube, yes. Gravity movie seems cheesey, thats the one with the person floating in space, and things go horribly wrong. I refused to watch that, it seemed to me the CGI to fake. Unrealistic movie. They spent $100 million on it.

What did you think of "Life of Pi"? or "Her" or "Dallas Buyers Club" or "Mud", seem them all, Mud was good, DBC was alright a little too freaky, but I like the plane hopping from country to country. I particularly like movies that have scenes in Mexico or Latin America. From Dusk Till Dawn, or the war movie Inglourious Basterds.

Watched the trailer on utube?

I saw 3 of 4. None on the rewatch list. Very few 'real' or strictly dramatic movie's are, although I didn't feel like time was lost watching Mud, just not great enough for a rewatch. Intersteller was way better with him, and was still fairly dramatic.

Skeleton Key was pretty good. Worth another watch. Kate Hudson. :twisted:
The-Skeleton-Key.jpg

Have you seen it markz?
Cuz maybe it'll
blow.jpg

Honestly, it wasn't all THAT great, but was premised completely on theoretical GRAVITY and space, for which the first reply stemmed from- the movie 'gravity' - an 'ultra real' space movie. Second mention was of course replying to you about the two OTHER MattM movies you mentioned. Duh?

So whad ya think of sharknado? I can't get it on the tube just now. :wink:

Now skeleton key (2005) on the other hand. . . . Very striking and had new relevance with my matured senses.

And Kate is such a darlin. . . . .
Like you!

Interstellar, no.
Perhaps, maybe I just read your 2 posts/mentions, 4 times. :wink:

Gravity, no.

Skeleton Key (2005) - I have not seen.

I want to see Black Mass, looks interesting.

I have seen the 2012 film The Iceman? Good one there. Also Death Proof was good, loved the classic car.

Skeleton key (sorry markz, that must be three) was so great, even though I already watched it- it lead me to look for similar work.

I was recommended '98 Fallen -denzel and '01 The Others -kidman. Hopefully they're as good to me as the basis of recommendation =)

Edit/// well scratch those. Turned out I'd watched both somewhere before, and didn't think they were good enough to mentally note.
Not bad to shoot some time I guess, but there are FAR better ways to do that.
[youtube]CzW_5x1M4Uc[/youtube]

Looks like Johnny Depp is getting into a bit of trouble with Bulgers victims families. (Triple plural back-to-back-to-back is that even possible for proper english)

You know what that means, its free publicity. John needs more money, he probably gets a %.
They say his Networth is $400,000,000 and his salary each film has reached $20,000,000.

I didnt realize Bulger was only arrested in 2011.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/post/129283605496/fury-over-johnny-depps-defence-of-mobster-whitey

And the gov't let him do it all, they let him slide. Thanks "The Man" appreciate your commitment to public safety!

Interesting, I didn't kno a thing about 'black mass'. I see some truth in Depp's comment. Fairly enlightened.

Anyway, the movie looks interesting, alhtough I always liked Depp for the quirky humor, and am not sure if there'll be any of that. My favs of his are probably 9th gate, secret window, the tourist, although damn there's alot, and all the pirates movies were good imo.

Edit/// also 'dark shadows'. I had to laugh a few times. The music tho. . . and sex scene :mrgreen:

He has no need to continue to work, I believe he is doing it because its his passion and he probably only picks movies that he is interested in because he doesnt need the money anymore.

I just wonder what Bulger made off the movie, the guys soon gunna die...probably made it fun for himself the last 15 years and was getting tired and sloppy perhaps. Like the "Leaping" bank robber that got caught, if he were to have stayed in France, he would be a free man, but since he got pinched in Geneva Switzerland, he will be sent back for his crimes. Im unsure if he did gigs in the US. Bulger could have went anywhere to avoid extradition.

Maze Runner looks stupid.
Everst looks boring.
Straight Outta Comptom, watched the trailers, I was not impressed. Rated high at 90%, rap isnt my choice of music.

Sicario (2015) - Looks to me by reading the description below, like a good movie, rated at 89%.
In the lawless border area stretching between the U.S. and Mexico, an idealistic FBI agent [Emily Blunt] is enlisted by an elite government task force official [Josh Brolin] to aid in the escalating war against drugs. Led by an enigmatic consultant with a questionable past [Benicio Del Toro], the team sets out on a clandestine journey forcing Kate to question everything that she believes in order to survive. (C) Lionsgate

Back