E-GO by Yuneec Internationl

I ran 2 X 4s 2850 mah 45C that I used on my RC heli.
I did not notice anything unusual and esc/motor were fine.
The speed/torque was way better than stock.
My guess is with a 9s setup, it'll be fine.
I ordered 3 X 3s 5000 mah 20C.

Sonny Boy said:
I ran 2 X 4s 2850 mah 45C that I used on my RC heli.
I did not notice anything unusual and esc/motor were fine.
The speed/torque was way better than stock.
My guess is with a 9s setup, it'll be fine.
I ordered 3 X 3s 5000 mah 20C.

Happy days.... :D

Let us all know how you get on :wink:

I've got 3 X 6s 3300 mah sitting there.
Trying to convince my geek friend to turn them into bunch of 3s so I can combine into series and parallel.
Not sure he'll do it.. :mrgreen:

For now, this is how I'm getting by..
It's amazing how much power these little batteries produce.
I tell you, having swappable packs isn't a bad idea.

Attachments

• 100_1988.jpg
    100_1988.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 5,149
True...it really doesn't bother me charging and swapping packs...i charge 4 at a time with a parallel board

and the bonus is you can swap and change and carry spares for longer range

I would get on http://www.aliendrivesystems.com/store/c7/Battery_and_ESC_Enclosures.html and buy a nice carbon encloser to match the bottom of your board :lol:

Yep, and you keep the board lightweight. ;)

Just came back from a run to the park and my packs are stll at 3.95v per cell.

Wonder if regenerative braking still works.

I noticed an extra wire on the stock battery.

I wish I could find an enclosure for the battery that uses the original screw holes. how are you attaching the aliendrive enclosure?

If you're gonna use Hobby King lipo packs, it's better to have them removable and balance charged .
Like the 3 X 3s I'm getting will be used in series but balance charged in parallel and stored carefully when not in use.

Sonny Boy said:
If you're gonna use Hobby King lipo packs, it's better to have them removable and balance charged .
Like the 3 X 3s I'm getting will be used in series but balance charged in parallel and stored carefully when not in use.
Why so careful. Rarely if ever have heard of them burning while in storage especially as youre balance charging.
Very safe : electric skateboard, as, dog eater : girlfriend.

Of course no one likes the not safe guy but gotta say it

Sonny Boy said:
I've got 3 X 6s 3300 mah sitting there.
Trying to convince my geek friend to turn them into bunch of 3s so I can combine into series and parallel.
Not sure he'll do it.. :mrgreen:

Now that sounds something I wouldn't trust myself to do. Everyone has their line. More like I won't trust myself to do as I have the same situation. Sticking my hot solder iron rite beside a cell freaks me out

Sonny Boy said:

no offense, but I'd rather put the batteries in an enclosure and remove and charge than stick it ghetto style on top of the board.

I've tested 8, 9, and 10s... i think i will probably stick with 2 4s/8000mah - just need to find a good battery enclosure

tomtnt said:
Sonny Boy said:

no offense, but I'd rather put the batteries in an enclosure and remove and charge than stick it ghetto style on top of the board.

I've tested 8, 9, and 10s... i think i will probably stick with 2 4s/8000mah - just need to find a good battery enclosure

What did you think of 9-10s ?

Why are you sticking with 8s ?

Ive was looking long and hard for enclosures to keep it clean looking ...best ive found so far is http://www.aliendrivesystems.com/store/c7/Battery_and_ESC_Enclosures.html

the carbon on carbon looks good

Ive bought the 2 x 5s 8000ah Hobby King Enclosure and it doesn't look bad at all...ill post some pics soon

jakeyb2525 said:
tomtnt said:
Sonny Boy said:

What did you think of 9-10s ?

Why are you sticking with 8s ?

Ive was looking long and hard for enclosures to keep it clean looking ...best ive found so far is http://www.aliendrivesystems.com/store/c7/Battery_and_ESC_Enclosures.html

the carbon on carbon looks good

Ive bought the 2 x 5s 8000ah Hobby King Enclosure and it doesn't look bad at all...ill post some pics soon

Mainly for convenience. I also already had 2 4s around. also, I'm still a bit concerned about possible ESC or motor failure from running it at 9s/10s.... it's ALOT higher than the stock battery!

I really like that long enclosure from AD but it was too narrow for the existing holes.

How do you plan on attaching the enclosure so you can remove it quickly to charge and replace batteries?

Im going to use velcro on the batteries to the board.. with velcro straps round them...then just use the Enclosure as a cover with velcro all the way around the lip...

Hopefully the enclosure will hold as it will have no weight in it.... if it doesn't hold... ill try something else lol

has anyone tried to use the wiimote with this board?
any bluetooth remote alternative we can use besides the one yuneec provided?

jakeyb2525 said:
tung256 said:
jake, all you did was pop the 10s battery pack in? did the e-go bms charge it as normal?
how would a sensored motor work better with 10s? and which 10s did you install? any tips is greatly appreciated

The E-go motor is already sesnsored....i just want a better sensorded motor that is definitely rated for 10s

Just unbolt the 6 Hex screws on top of the board and remove the battery pack

if you look at my picture two pages back on the thread... you can see i used 2 x 5s lipos in series to make 10s and connected them to the E-go ESC

i just taped them under the board to test it, but i have bought the 2 x 5s zippy 8000ah carbon enclosure from AD to fit when i get it back from bruno

as for charging.. i have to use my RC charger as i use lipo...if you want BMS and the same sort of low profile battery i would suggest a space cell from Enertion or Alien Power systems, but i think you will still require one of their chargers...but don't quote me on that!

I personally think the motor would definitely last on 10s for most people, im a big guy and live in a very hilly area so i know i will kill it eventually as it was getting quite warm...Im Really looking forward to see what he can do with it as it rides so nice on 10s :D

If you do try it i definitely don't think you will ever want to run it on the standard pack again...mine hasn't been used since!

Obviously at your own risk :mrgreen:

Thank you Jakeyb2525, do u think the space cell will do the job? Is it a 10s? Can u show me how to connect it please? Did you get any update from Bruno about the motor?
Thanks

Everything I read about a motor's max voltage just has to do with the higher amount of amps that will go through with a higher voltage. The insulation on the windings is often the same. The bearing's max rpm may be the only true limit as with the higher voltage the motor could potentially spin faster and smaller motors often spin faster to begin with.

Did u find a 50mm motor that's rated for 10s? The only ones I've seen are scorpion. Hacker doesn't bother rating them for voltage and just advises a voltage and states a max rpm

@ Jakeyby2525, and the guys who upgraded the battery...

could you please help me choose one one the 3 batteries below? and if its not so much to ask, could you please explain why you choose one over the other?

i m forever grateful :roll:

Thanks in advance

Enertion space cell Battery @ €300

• BMS is rated to peak output of 60AMP which is ample for use on electric skateboards. This pack is for motors of 2400W or less.
• The Charge time is 3-4 hours & the charger is light & compact so easy to carry.
• The battery is 10S3P meaning it has a total of 30 Cells, 3 Parallel groups of 10 cells in series.
• Battery Chemistry is Li-ion NMC
• The Pack is 270Wh based on 36V nominal voltage. Approximately 1.5hrs run time on Dual motor Eboard.
• Total weight is only 1.8kg
• Dimension of 380mm X 140mm X 23mm
• Mains fast charger is 100-240v compatible & outputs 42v at 2A. (battery comes with a standard charger included)

Alien Power Pack 8S 10000mah 25C Lipo @ £ 199

• SIZE: 400 x 130 x 20
WEIGHT: 1900g
MAH: 10000
N° of cells: 8S/1P
Nominal Volt: 29.6
Discharge rate: 25C
Wires: Silicone 10AWG
Battery connectors: NO
Charger: 100-240v Aluminium case 33.6v 5amp fast charger with Led and fan
Charging time: approximately 2.5H

Alien Power Pack 6S 8000mah 35C Lipo @ £169

• SIZE:
WEIGHT: 1900g
MAH: 8000
N° of cells: 6S/1P
Nominal Volt: 22.2
Discharge rate: 35C
Wires: Silicone 10AWG
Battery connectors: NO
Charger: 100-240v Aluminium case v25.2 5amp fast charger with Led and fan
Charging time: approximately 2.0H

I thought the cells in the E-go were good and there were a lot of them, can't you just change the configuration to put more in series? Then u can fit everything in the enclosure perfectly and no extra cost

But then youd have to change the charging and bms to match the higher voltage but still that might be easy and cheaper.

Hmirich said:
jakeyb2525 said:
tung256 said:
jake, all you did was pop the 10s battery pack in? did the e-go bms charge it as normal?
how would a sensored motor work better with 10s? and which 10s did you install? any tips is greatly appreciated

The E-go motor is already sesnsored....i just want a better sensorded motor that is definitely rated for 10s

Just unbolt the 6 Hex screws on top of the board and remove the battery pack

if you look at my picture two pages back on the thread... you can see i used 2 x 5s lipos in series to make 10s and connected them to the E-go ESC

i just taped them under the board to test it, but i have bought the 2 x 5s zippy 8000ah carbon enclosure from AD to fit when i get it back from bruno

as for charging.. i have to use my RC charger as i use lipo...if you want BMS and the same sort of low profile battery i would suggest a space cell from Enertion or Alien Power systems, but i think you will still require one of their chargers...but don't quote me on that!

I personally think the motor would definitely last on 10s for most people, im a big guy and live in a very hilly area so i know i will kill it eventually as it was getting quite warm...Im Really looking forward to see what he can do with it as it rides so nice on 10s :D

If you do try it i definitely don't think you will ever want to run it on the standard pack again...mine hasn't been used since!

Obviously at your own risk :mrgreen:

Thank you Jakeyb2525, do u think the space cell will do the job? Is it a 10s? Can u show me how to connect it please? Did you get any update from Bruno about the motor?
Thanks

Hi

The space cell should work fine,i would use velcro then use one of Alien Drive Power System space cell covers to mount it.

Bruno still has my motor and drive gear, he has had to send it to a friend to be modified to fit one of his motors... hopefully he should be able sort out a better motor...its not looking to be an easy job.

I personally think that any normal size person won't have any issues with the standard motor on 8s/10s

I would suggest that anyone doing the battery mod should go for 8s to be on the safe side....you should still see a massive improvement...i personally prefered it on 10s, but like ive said ...im heavy and the motor was getting a little hotter than i liked on 10s... hence why im trying to sort a better / larger motor

jakeyb2525 said:
The only problem was the motor getting a little hotter than it should... i've sent all my running gear to Bruno to see if he can fit me a sensored motor that can handle 10s better... i don't think the standard motor will last long running 10s

I will let you all know the outcome

Maybe get high heat magnets in the rotor similar to a scorpion motor? Or it's getting hot from flux saturation and hysterisis. In that case only a bigger stator or bigger teeth on the stator would help.

Back