Kelly KLS 300A controller review

I hope someday being able to pop a wheelie. I've never managed to do that on any of my bikes.

Even on a mac motor on 16" wheel and 2700W!

So getting this motor should have enough torque for wheelie? Maybe the way I am sitting on the bike makes it harder to wheelie as I'm very much on the front

cwah said:
I hope someday being able to pop a wheelie. I've never managed to do that on any of my bikes.

Even on a mac motor on 16" wheel and 2700W!

So getting this motor should have enough torque for wheelie? Maybe the way I am sitting on the bike makes it harder to wheelie as I'm very much on the front

Dude I weigh 130kg and I can pop a wheelie no problem.

I think your Kelly is configured wrong, all I had to do was put the motor current 100% and motor torque to to the maximum value something like 10000 or so.

Are you talking about the motor max output frequency (14) or motor pwm frequency (18) ?

I left both to default setting as I didm't think would have any impact on torque?

I am wondering if it's related to my motor? I have a leafmotor 1000W with 30mm magnet... could that be the reason?

cwah said:
Are you talking about the motor max output frequency (14) or motor pwm frequency (18) ?

I left both to default setting as I didm't think would have any impact on torque?

I am wondering if it's related to my motor? I have a leafmotor 1000W with 30mm magnet... could that be the reason?

It's not entirely the motors fault. With my PC programming I can change in the motor settings tab motor torque in ki (unit) the default is something like 6000 just change that to the max value witch is noted in the comment section when you click on it.

If you want I can still make a proper rewiew and give some tipps in the video or something to help you out.

Buying a Mxus motor on the es sphere is cheaper than buying some overpriced/overrated Aliexpress hub

cwah said:
Can you share screenshot? Maybe it's a config not available for my controller.

Where can I find a good cheap mxus delivered to the uk?

here are all my settings, hope this helps

Capture.PNG

nnn.PNG

....PNG

about the mxus just ask Samd, or post it in the wanted section or keep an eye out for a good deal here on ES

Is the kelly controller easy to setup and get up and running?

Recently I bought a KLS7230S,24V-72V,300A for my E-Scooter with a 48V3000W hub motor.
Few days ago I hooked up everything and the hub motor is "running".

My problem now is that the controller goes into "internal error" when the hub-motor hits >400rpm.

Tried a lot of settings, but nothing seems to work.

Here's some more info;
Motor: 48V 3000W
Motor poles: 63
Motor magnets: 70
BMS: TinyBMS 150A
Battery: 16S23P, low=52V, High=64V (cells: panasonic NCR18650b)

Monitoring while running I see 5-10A phase current, motor hall sensors are showing up nicely, controller sees a nice battery voltage, motor identification is working, TPS pedal value is idle ~45 and around "internal error" point ~120.
One of the things which caught my attentions is the controller temperature is, seen in kelly windows application, bouncing between 0 and 251 (could this be a faulty temp sensor in the controller?).
Also i'm unsure on how to configure the "motor poles" and "resolver poles" values. For now these are configured at 63 (motor poles) and 3 (resolver poles).

Hope somebody is able and willing to help me :)

I JUST PUT A kls-s 7230s in service.... it cames with a program that was causing a shut down with full throttle after a bit. it would cut power for a moment then resume.. changing the battery amp percent to 60 and the phase amp to 70 seems to make it ok... if anyone is having this give it a try. otherwise the controller is ok right now... although it did a few glitch things right at first... rode it in the yard the I stopped the when I added throttle it was suddenly in reverse??? changed directions and it was ok on the bench but the did it again... back to programming.. then I reset the identification angle again then it has been running forward. I can post my program numbers if someone is having trouble :mrgreen:

eee291 said:
One more thing if you want to really flip your bike just decrease the throttle response time :twisted:
I was told by fany that below a certain amount the value is ignored by the firmware. Atleast that was true on my KLS96601-8080I
Overall the controller was a breeze to setup though.

Freemann said:
One of the things which caught my attentions is the controller temperature is, seen in kelly windows application, bouncing between 0 and 251 (could this be a faulty temp sensor in the controller?).

Hello Freemann

I know this is an Ooooold thread, but how did it go with this Kelly controller? Did you find the problem? I just got a smaller Kelly controller and I got to ride it 5 times before it stranded me in the middle of the road. I am seeing the same with the controller temperature in the App, shifting between 0 and 251 degrees. It will not run but I have no blinking red led or error message i the App, so not much to go on here..

Ampster said:
Freemann said:

Hello Freemann

I know this is an Ooooold thread, but how did it go with this Kelly controller? Did you find the problem? I just got a smaller Kelly controller and I got to ride it 5 times before it stranded me in the middle of the road. I am seeing the same with the controller temperature in the App, shifting between 0 and 251 degrees. It will not run but I have no blinking red led or error message i the App, so not much to go on here..
If I'm remembering right, it was caused by a not right set of the number of magnet poles of the motor.
I had a to low number of poles set in the controller and that caused the controller to go into error.

Hope this helps you! Good look!

Back