E-Bike Expo: Ride the Newest E-Bikes in Phoenix

LockH said:
Houston on local TV station CW39:
http://cw39.com/2016/03/11/electric-bike-expo-rides-through-houston-all-weekend/#

Last sentence:
So whether it`s a way to avoid gridlock, or just for kicks, the Electronic Bike Expo can show you an easier, softer way to get around H-Town.

:wink:

They were right about the electronic part. One of the Bosch mid-drives I was about to ride turned out to the T1000. I was worried at first but it seems it was only looking for some guy named John so we were all good.

In other news, 500w actually seems usable after riding 20 bikes with 350. I'm sure that rationalization will fade away when I jump back on 5000w.

Next up, Palo Alto, CA:
http://www.electricbike-expo.com/locations/palo-alto-california/

From Electric Bike Report "Stromer will be launching their new ST2S in the U.S. at the ‪#‎PaloAlto‬ Electric Bike Expo April 22-24! The ST2S has nearly a 1,000 Wh battery pack with a claimed range of more than 100 miles, plus it has electronic shifting!"

1530487_1555717694758938_4370047996790575985_n.png

Dropped by the Palo Alto event today. Felt guilty if I did no visit knowing it was mass consumer oriented. Decided to get an update on the state of the OEM mid drive integrated units. Still, Trek was pretty much the only big global OEM there. No Giant; mostly niche vendors and Bosch of course.

One new bit I suspect was specific to the NorCal event is Electric Mountain Bike Adventures in the Lost Sierras https://www.dropbox.com/sc/yj5b2q9k4yrr6m6/AAAlWGzT1gOmEoGRE2pOU1kDa

Great getaway weekend up in the Sierras being able to see a lot of the back country on ebike tours. Most eco-tourism you hear about is some exotic foreign country. These folks have it all going on in some incredibly beautiful country in the high Sierras. Kind of reminds me of the guided horse tours they do but on ebikes all kitted for the terrain.

Seems the perfect fit for those who are not so fit yet want to cover a bit of wilderness scenery up close.

Great idea and super nice guys.

Missed this bit... seen here:
http://www.electricbike-expo.com/locations/san-diego-california/

In part:
Meet Manufacturers and Dealers

Meet all the manufacturers and learn everything you need to know about this new, low-cost, and fun transportation alternative. Best of all, it's FREE!

Tempo Bicycles will be raffling off one of their Carmel or Santa Barbara hybrid electric bicycles worth $4,000 to a lucky winner and the raffle proceeds will go to local San Diego charities. The raffle tickets will be $5 each and there will be multiple charities (SEAL Naval Special Warfare Family Foundation, and the San Diego County Bike Coalition) to buy the raffle tickets from to increase your chances to win a Tempo hybrid electric bicycle!

Easy Motion will be giving away a 350W EVO Jet electric bike worth $2,800 to one lucky person who test rides any of their bikes!

Stromer will be giving away one of their ST1 LTD electric bikes worth $5,000 to one lucky person who test rides any of their bikes!

Raleigh and IZIP are offering significant discounts, ~15% off retail, AND a $100 gift card rebate direct from IZIP or Raleigh.

Yuba will be offering a 10% coupon for their Spicy Curry e-cargo bike redeemable at one of their local dealers.

Polaris will be offering pro deal discounts on their electric bikes.

Focus will be offering $200 discount coupons for attendees that ride their e-bikes at Expo events.

Kalkhoff will be offering $200 discount coupons for attendees that ride their e-bikes at Expo events.

Gazelle will be offering $200 discount coupons for attendees that ride their e-bikes at Expo events.

Felt Electric will be offering $100 discount coupons for attendees that ride their e-bikes at Expo events.

:mrgreen:

So the spam continues, now from vendors like juiced, who have now been added to the evil-company-spammers list along with various other vendors I once respected.

I didn't give the expo or anyone else permission to spam me, and I have asked to be removed from their lists, yet more than a year later I still get new spams from yet more companies because they are probably making money by selling the lists of people that inquired about or signed up for the expo.

If it weren't for our rules against namecalling, I'd have a few more things to say here.

Electric Bike Expo Tour Portland , Aug 17 to Aug 19, 2018

Oh sure. Keep us in suspense. Any bikes NOT with assist? :lol:

Back