Eaton APR48-3G 1.8kW Light Compact Charger PSU

just opened the box. its a little different. some tight quarters any suggestion? if I use the USB programmer would it need to be reprogrammed each time to change the voltage?

Attachments

• 20151022_094812[1].jpg
    20151022_094812[1].jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 4,270
Allex said:
I guess you need to reporgram it every time if you need to adjust the voltage

That sucks if you have to reprogram it everytime.

Can't he solder in the resistor to make it a permanent 58 volts?

Would you know if you make it 58 volts if the unit still outputs the same amps?

The amps will prolly go down.
You can solder a trim pot to regulate voltage i guess.

The voltage will of course be permanent after programming each time you start the PSU, that's why you program it :)

thnx alex, Ill pursue it and , should I find a (pot) mod for it, I will post . In the meantime , if my target voltage was 55 v , would the coil work with only that half a volt difference?

eilo84 said:
thnx alex, Ill pursue it and , should I find a (pot) mod for it, I will post . In the meantime , if my target voltage was 55 v , would the coil work with only that half a volt difference?

Why bother with the pot mod if you can just just reprogram it by usb?

I can bulk charge with it as is tho , since 54.5 is nearly optimal at 3.63 per cell (lifepo) and if I can target 55 or 56 v with the adappto and use it that way will work also. ive been looking and looking but I cant seem to find any info about the PS needing to be less volts than the targeted battery voltage. but im not sure .5 volts is enough difference or if it matters.

If charged through controller your PSU voltage needs to be lower than the current charge state of your battery. It always needs to be lower no matter of SOC.
One time I charged a 36V battery with Eaton. I was not thinking clear that day. But I saw that I got almost 40A of charge current(full power from Eaton spitting through the FETs). This is because controller cannot regulate current when the PSU has a higher voltage than your battery. Luckily the controller was fine after this attempt.

subsribed

I want to use the charger with the 2.5kWh Batterypack from Vector. Is it compatible?
And how long does shipping takes to germany?

Yes of course it is compatible if you use Adaptto gear.
You could also use it as a bulk charger if you have a regular controller, but you can only set it to about 58-59Volts so 14S battery.
I did order a programmer so I will try to do a guide on how to program this unit.

Shipping is pretty fast 5 business days tops.

Received my Eaton PSU today from Allex.
He answered all my stupid questions before and after purchase, and it was a pleasure to purchase from him.
It was really well packaged up and took a total of seven days (ordered on Good Friday a bank holiday weekend)from paying to landing on my door here in Wales U.K

Thank you!
Last time I sent two Eatons(Chucho in Spain) they got lost in the mail so now I am worried every time I send them out. I took that loss and did send him two new ones.

Allex said:
Yes of course it is compatible if you use Adaptto gear.
Ok great, I have a Max-E.
Allex said:
You could also use it as a bulk charger if you have a regular controller,
What is a bulk-charger? Do you mean "main-charger"?
Allex said:
but you can only set it to about 58-59Volts so 14S battery.
Oh, I see. The Vector battery has 20s with 74v. So it doesn´t work.. right?
Allex said:
Shipping is pretty fast 5 business days tops.
That´s great!

It works fine for 20s batteries if you have Adappto bms and charge coil.
My pack is 20s i have Adaptto bms and coil and i am using an Eaton that i got from Allex right now to charge.

You will have to solder both AC and DC leads and plugs before you can use it.

Yes the Eaton is perfect for Adaptto and batteries up to 24S
Bulk charger is a common word around here, means that you charge all your packs together, often without balancing(without using BMS)

Allex said:
Bulk charger is a common word around here, means that you charge all your packs together, often without balancing(without using BMS)

Alright, I see. Please send me your bank-account via pm. so I can pay for it. Do you I have to pay after or before delivery?

DasDouble said:
Allex said:

Alright, I see. Please send me your bank-account via pm. so I can pay for it. Do you I have to pay after or before delivery?
Just go to his website and buy it too easy.

whats the lowest possible output voltage the PSU can be programmed (or resistor modded)?

Back