Electric Dirtbike 15 KW

Oh, only time will tell. I'm wondering if a $500 motor needs to last 50,000 miles or such to be considered financially viable, or if this can do that. I just keep thinking that's a lot of power on that little shaft. . . .

Dauntless said:
Oh, only time will tell. I'm wondering if a $500 motor needs to last 50,000 miles or such to be considered financially viable, or if this can do that. I just keep thinking that's a lot of power on that little shaft. . . .

It is sure that only time will tell. But apart bearings, brushless motors are indestructible if they are working in the right temperature range.
50,000 miles for a Pitbike is a little utopian, no? Anyway for all-terrain vehicles we use hours!!!
The shaft design/sizing is not done with the power but with the torque. A shaft of 10mm can easily transmit more than 20 Nm.

Holy moly... 15 kW on this little bike? :O Would love to see this in a normal bike sice..!

Dopplercana said:
querlenker said:
Any news about this nice project?

My Dirtbike in action :

[youtube]-8ARri2wBjY[/youtube]

Seeing how it goes, my experience tells me this 15K of power is largely wasted.

Similar performance could be done with a 2K QS hub motor and the new-waveform controllers.

Not wasted, it's just that 15kw is the peak. You have to have the max somewhere to be using half of it for much of the duty cycle, etc. The more it's capable of the better it holds up in your normal and above normal usage, etc.

HOW MUCH has it been ridden, how has the motor fared?

Back