"E-Freedom" Trike (Donated E-Trike for the less able)

LI-ghtcycle

10 MW
Ok! So the working name I have come up with so far is E-Freedom for an E-Bike charity, and it looks like I might have a home for this donation: (BIG thankyou again to DDK for donating, and Rassy for getting the trike to my place so I can find it a new home!)

Lots of goodies in the "basket case" basket to help finish this project!

Work has been crazy busy, so I am just getting to it now, will post more pics as I move the project along.

The future owner should call me soon to come and talk about how he'd like some of the ergonomics to make it easier for him to use (he's just come to the point where he can no longer ride a 2 wheel bike, and was thinking about an E-Trike, and a friend of mine mentioned it in passing while asking questions about his wife's E-Bike, so I am sure it will be going to a good home! :D

Mainly cleared out more space in the garage so I can get down to sprucing it up a bit, mainly it just needs assembly of some parts, and I will try and source a battery, I have a good A123 16s 20ah Prismatic battery I can put with it, but it's pretty heavy, might work out ok if it's not removed much.

I will be working with a local mobility buisness "Ted's Mobility" here in Oregon City to get advice on how best to set it up (probably going to use some form of "grab bars" to make it easier to get in and out of.

More to come! :)

A friend of mine at church, Chip, has got me in contact with his friend Stan who is needing something along the lines of this trike, unfortunately, he is 290 lbs, and would exceed the weight limit of this trike.

I did however bump into a gentleman in a wheelchair on the way to work, he flagged me down and asked tons of questions about the E-Zilla, and seems to be a good candidate for the "E-Freedom" trike!

More to come soon!

Small Up-date:

Ted of Ted's Mobility has offered me a place to work on the trike in his shop so we can collaborate and he & his mechanic have been donating mobility devices to the needy for some time!

This won't happen for another couple months or so however, as they are making room in his shop. :)

*** UP-DATE ***

Finally have a home for the trike! Good friend of mine who has some health issues could really use it, and he is local, so I will be able to help make sure everything is set-up for him as much as possible, and we might even make it look like a some kind of "art bike" rat-rod or maybe Star Wars Speeder Bike! (He's the same local artist that gave me room to set-up my welding area, I am still gathering materials and funds for that project, taking a bit longer than expected.)

Hehe! I was thinking something more like this (but more realistic looking):
sw-speeder-bike-tricycle-1.jpg

Or for the "rat rod" look (not to look like it has a tank or ICE, but just this general style):
IsleofWhiteRatBike.jpg

Back