Desav 2, new E motorcycle

dingoEsride

100 kW
Interesting to find a electric motorcycle company starting up near me, still in early stages, not sure I like the design but I hope they do well...

http://www.desav2.com/

https://www.facebook.com/desav2/photos

My minimalist side kind of likes it as a statement about the simplicity of electric travel... a simple tubing frame to mount a motor, battery box and yourself, and a nice chest rest for long aero tuck sessions :)

download.jpg

Good point Voltron, if they plan to sell as a kit form or complete is yet to see, but I do like the "you complete it idea"

Good to see Aussies having a crack at Ebikes.
But, i am over these startups jumping in with nothing more than a few CGIs and a facebook page.
They should have something solid to show and test before they rip into promotion....
...and a hardtail ??...really ?

Hillhater said:
Good to see Aussies having a crack at Ebikes.
But, i am over these startups jumping in with nothing more than a few CGIs and a facebook page.
They should have something solid to show and test before they rip into promotion....
...and a hardtail ??...really ?

Amen. I think Dennis might have spent more time designing his logo than actually designing a bike...

Hard to see if one is a hardtail or not but still would be interested in seeing their launch in about 6 weeks seeing that its just a walk away and hope they have a runner at a reasonable price

They have their unveiling/launch this thursday night at the Raffles Hotel so any Perth people in that area keen, should be interesting to see what they have,

Thursday at 6 PM - 10 PM
3 days from now · 11–20° Sunny

Raffles Hotel
70-72 Canning Beach Road Applecross WA Australia, Perth, Australia 6153
Restaurant
(08) 9314 9000
chrissy.battalis@rafflesperth.com

Looks like the same motor as used in the Zero.

Bugger-all information on the page.

I missed the launch (I'm 410 km away) but the bike on stage was unfinished apparently. No battery, no brakes but the display had a nice screensaver.

Ha Ha Chris, maybe it's a bit too optimistic that we see a realistic priced e highway motorbike but good to see someone having a crack, I'll stick to my old r100 for now

Nah they'll get something roadworthy for sure. Whether it takes is another thing; the Australian motorcycle market is tiny and definitely not profitable. Some stores in the USA sell more bikes in a year than the whole of Australia.
It's a tough space, and an electric bike is tougher still.

From what I gather they are just using 26650 cells from A123 at the moment in the prototype - LiFePO4 for the masses. But they will no doubt get something more energy dense in good time.

Back