Giant DH Comp Drop Out adapters and conversion

I was Scott's first customer.

We did a lot of back and forth, and he got me my adapters just in the nick of time!

The adapters were exactly the same as I've seen picture of Kiwis.

This is what I got from Scott :)

There are pinch bolts too, just not in this picture. They are working great! :)

Thank you to Kiwi and Scott!

The pinch bolts pinch the axle into the dropout :)

IMAG0132-1.jpg

(Not my picture, original Kiwi's I believe)

Hi ScooterMan,

I am currently working on making some more. As we speak, I am making some slight adjustments to them so they will drop right into the frame without any filing needed!

Hi all,

Below are some slight changes I have made to the adaptors. First, they don’t need to be filed down anymore to fit into the frame so they will just slide into the frame smoothly.

Here is a picture showing the diffrence, the top layer is how the new dropouts look and the middle part is the old version. This adjustment was made to both sides. The adaptors were 3D printed numerous times to insure a perfect fit!

Old and new to show diffrence v1.png

The other change is to make a few of the brake side adaptors with a longer dropout. For motors that have the wires come out underneath the axle, the pinch bolt can’t be used. Here is a picture of a Cromotor for example:

View attachment 2

This is what the extended dropout version will look like:

Brake side longer dropout v2 view from bottom.png

Below where the motor axle sits, the dropout is spaced out 3mm on each side so the motor will drop in easily and to make room for the wires.

With that said, if anyone has any comments, let me know.

For those interested in buying these adaptors please post below and state if you would like the extended dropout version for the brake side adaptor or not.

Hi,

Are you still selling the dropout adapters for the Giant DH?
If so, the non-extended version will do.
Please reply to max.banks@scorch.co.nz.

Kind Regards
Max

Id be up to pay someone to draw up some for my Giant Ac, im sure i could get them machined

Cheers

ScooterMan101 said:
Bump,

Anyone in the U.S. making these, and/or making some for other through axle frames ?

I am looking for these now. I cant find them anywhere

Has anyone successfully laced and dished a 20" rim into the 03-04 dh comp frame? Preferably single cross

Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of a completed build on 20's or 16/17/18 moto rims from over the years

Back