18 FET Low RDS MOSFET Overclocker Ready LYEN Controller $199

Lyen you should change the url in your contact info from

http://www24.brinkster.com/lyen/beta

to

lyen.com

Just a suggestion. Hope you are doing well.

72V battery optimized (for higher or lower voltage & current such as 36V-100V, you may need to change the resistor network to avoid damage to the voltage regulator)
65A is the current rate (for higher current, you may need to beef up the trace, shunt, and reprogram it via the software)
Low voltage cut-off: 62.6v

Can I go down to a 60V battery and change the LVC in the programming of the controller without any mods?
What is the voltage range of the controller in stock form?

I've got both the 4110 (100V) ans 4115 (132V) Mk 2 18 FET controllers- both work at 36V and 72V for me with no changes for the different Voltages. It's worth letting Lyen know your intended Voltages if you're ordering in case there are changes he recommends.

If the Lyen Controller is passed information from the Cycle Analyst v3 will the settings be used from the CA or the Lyen Controller? In other words, which profile settings take priority when both the CA and Lyen are used in a system?

I already have the Lyen 18fet controller, I guess it wont harm anything if I go lower just wondering if performance is hindered is all in the controller itself.

However the statement says a lot and I understand 36V, and 100V, but if I am only going down from 72 to 60 shouldnt be any issues should there?
72V battery optimized (for higher or lower voltage & current such as 36V-100V, you may need to change the resistor network to avoid damage to the voltage regulator)
65A is the current rate (for higher current, you may need to beef up the trace, shunt, and reprogram it via the software)
Low voltage cut-off: 62.6v

I've had none. I just have my low voltage set for the 36V which I use most of the time, and monitor the capacity when using 72V (I have a CA).

HI

I ve a 18fet Lyen with 10AWG phase and Battery, very smooth and power with 18S lipo 40Ah 75.6v t 70 A (5000w) on mxus V4 4T (on vector frame 26")

my setting is 65A bat and 120A phases, and speed is enough 75km/h (MTB) but i hope more punch at starting .... (cannot do little wheeling)

do you think i can increase phase current to 150A or more and not exceed 70A on bat, neither overheat my motor

other questions
I do not have CA (and don't want, i've wattmeter) but I would like to be able to read the temperature of the sensor KTY from the mxus V3, do you know a small circuit that would make it do it (LCD/Led panel) ?

Nobody has ever developed a mobile application (android) for this controller with a bluetooth adapter?

Thx

Hi,
I'm a newbie in ebikes but not in electronic.
i've just received a controller from fasterbikes.eu :
https://fasterbikes.eu/en/controlle...ne-wave-controller-18-fet-4110controller.html
but i have no pinout or datasheet or serial number or manual.
I can unmount it but prefer not to if possible.
I don't know the exact model to verify data or program it (protocol ?).
The motor is a mxus 3k v3 with hall and speed sensors. Don't have the pinout...
I can make a pdf to help all of us in exchange because the doc is difficult to find...
Thank's for all.

I just purchased this 18 FET lyen controller that can be ran sensorless. I'm gonna run it sensorless on a 72 volt rear hub motor at about 5kw nominal and 7 kw phase/burst . Is anyone else here running this controller sensorless with a high power hub motor, and if so, how does it perform ? Thanks.

yannick85 said:
Hi @Rumme, do you have a photo for the pinout ?

pinout ? no..im just hooking up 3 phase wires...if the rim turns in wrong direction, I just switch 2 of the phase wires . Supposed to be real simple.

rumme said:
Supposed to be real simple.
The problem is for connector that are not usual.
The controller is a china one i suppose.
So i'm not in the good topic (this topic is for Lyen ones).
Thanks for all.

On this 18 FET sensorless controller , is it proven that running a high powered brushless hub motor sensorless , is less efficient then running it with the 5 hall wires hooked up ?

I was told that there is a significant loss of efficiency , in sensorless mode , especially when running a motor above 2K and on 60-72 volt batteries.

Is this wrong ?

I'm using the Lyen 18 FET sensorless controller with a Magura throttle. I have 1" of deadspot on my magura throttle when I twist it from a dead stop . I don't get any power to the controller/ motor until I twist the throttle 1 inch . What parameter must I change in the controller, so my throttle will engage power immediately when it is twisted ?

I dont know, but my first instinct was, if I remember correctly, adding a pull down resistor of 1.5k or something.
I could be totally wrong. This could be totally out in left field.
I swear I read something like that a couple days ago from a reputable ES member.
Its not so much the controller, but the throttle specifically.

Hi, I'm buying this controller second hand but does somebody maybe has some basic info how to wire this controller? Like which wires are mandatory to connect?

Also, some pictures and download files in the first reply's are not available anymore. Is it possible that someone can share a mirror for downloading?

Promise that If all parts are in I will start an project topic :D

Thanks

Hi, I have a 3kw brushless motor and am currently running it with the c and d 18 mosfet controller and ktlcd3 dash. I am after something similar or slightly bigger if necessary to gain an more instant punchy throttle response. I am not keen on the delay i have from the twist grip when off road. I have used and still have a risunmotor 100 amp controller and 750c colour dash which does offer great performance but is very big. Is there something i could purchase around 50-60 amp that has 3-5 levels of assist that may hook up with my existing lcd's or may come with one? Thanks for any help.

If you'd like to try it, there is an alternate firmware for KT controllers. Look up Casainho & Stancecoke's thread(s) for the controller and display firmwares.

Hi, wow so it's been awhile since I was last on this thread, but it seems I have need of it once again :)
Edward, do you or anyone else on here, have the Hall + phase combo (sorry if it's been listed in an earlier page, ) for the QS205v3 hubmotor?
I've dug out a couple old Lyen mk2's, an 18 fet and a 9 fet (I believe,) I'd like to try the 18fet on the QS and the info will save me time... thanks

ABritInNY said:
Hi, wow so it's been awhile since I was last on this thread, but it seems I have need of it once again :)
Edward, do you or anyone else on here, have the Hall + phase combo (sorry if it's been listed in an earlier page, ) for the QS205v3 hubmotor?
I've dug out a couple old Lyen mk2's, an 18 fet and a 9 fet (I believe,) I'd like to try the 18fet on the QS and the info will save me time... thanks

Hi ABritInNY,

It should be as follow:
Controller: Motor:
HALL:
Yellow Yellow
Green Green
Blue Blue

PHASE:
Yellow Yellow
Green Green
Blue Blue

Back