Tesla CEO Elon is now an advisor to President Trump

USAEBIKECO

10 kW
Too bad it's more likely that the technology will get funded than basic human rights be restored to at least what they were before he and his cronies took office.

Maybe Musk could try advising them about *that* instead.

But he'd probably just get treated like they're treating far too many others if he did.

No president could hope to have a better advisor than Musk.

I actually see the 24-7 media Trump bashing as a good sign, considering ~95% of all corporate media is owned and controlled by a handful of evil bastards.

amberwolf said:
Too bad it's more likely that the technology will get funded than basic human rights be restored to at least what they were before he and his cronies took office.

If by 'He' you mean Obama, Trump HAS restored some of it, such as the executive order to not enforce Obamacare, thus restoring that basic human right.

Meanwhile, you picture Elon deciding it's time to start hangin' with the guys, you know, Billionaire Y Billionaire.

liveforphysics said:
No president could hope to have a better advisor than Musk.

I actually see the 24-7 media Trump bashing as a good sign, considering ~95% of all corporate media is owned and controlled by a handful of evil bastards.
If not owned p, manipulated. Now it's just make like there was no question.

Musk is a cocky asshole. I've met him in person. But he's smart and visionary. I would not invite him to a party I was putting on, but I think he'd be about 10^24 times better as a Secretary of Energy than Rick "bag of cold wet petrodicks" Perry.

Here's hoping that he's in it to advance his big picture plans rather than to advance his bottom line. And here's hoping that when things blow up, as they will, he won't get too much on him.

Dauntless said:
Trump HAS restored some of it, such as the executive order to not enforce Obamacare, thus restoring that basic human right.

The basic human right to have no access to healthcare?

Chalo said:
Dauntless said:
Trump HAS restored some of it, such as the executive order to not enforce Obamacare, thus restoring that basic human right.

The basic human right to have no access to healthcare?

THAT is why you supported Obamacare? BECAUSE it took away the access to healthcare people had before it? Dang, it must be KILLING you with all the news reports of the new healthcare lining up waiting for the government prevention to end.

Any chance you could not make this another thread about how much you hate Obama and love Trump? It'd be good to have more EV discussion and less Obamacare...

Rube said:
Hopefully not a case of keep your friends close and enemies closer. At least Musk has a vision for manufacturing.
Trump is a clown with too much access to very dangeroug buttons...
He has to trip over his own knuckles eventually,..(hopefully sooner , rather than later.)
Maybe Musk is positioning himself to pitch for the top job when that happens :?: :p

I never really realized how much other countries think about the US and it's politics, even if it's just at surface level / msm coverage. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise with it's military involvement all over the earth, and some of the largest multinationals either are US based or have US origins. It's kinda notorious, but there's good stuff too I think.

trip over his own knuckles eventually
I kinda find that unnecessarily negative (and basically a generic echo of most msm?). Dude's getting stuff done (that he was elected on!), and not too many people would want that level of responsibility to begin with I think. Him not even being based in politics and being apparently fairly transparent makes him a good thing- I see a better chance of him actually being for and listening to the people (if we can ever agree).

Musk? Just a power player in business as the situation relates to politics. I know nothing personal except his prev wife is adorable. If Chalo's met him and finds him an ass I trust that. Things often stick out to us we're familar with. I do find the space stuff odd, and find EV as more of a supplimental or somewhat a pocket/fad until (hopeful) further advancement, so although he could be good in actual office it might not be the best fit. I didn't read any more on it, but Isn't it obviously a great idea for Trump to have open communication with as many people like Musk as possible?

I dont see Trump .."getting stuff done".. any more than my dog does ,..who irritates the neighbors with a lot of senseless noise and mess's things up just when you dont need it..... ( he also has bad hair and tends to scare some folk too !)
if you are happy with him, that maybe ok for you,..but this clown can frock things up for much of the world with just a few insensitive?thoughtless comments at the wrong time.
i just hope he surround himself with enough sensible, straight thinking, influential, type people, to prevent some of his dumb ass goon show tactics, from being let loose.
As i said earlier, I am not a big fan of Musk either, but if i had to choose between the two,...it would not be a hard decision.

What???

I neither love nor hate Obama. I just notice you shoe-horn your opinions about him into conversation any opportunity your get and was asking if this thread could be less partisan politics and instead concentrate on the EV/climate/energy-specific issues.

Meanwhile, the Tesla Bears are getting crushed in the stock market with one of the biggest short squeeze opportunities in any stock in a long time.https://www.benzinga.com/news/17/01/8865578/tesla-set-up-for-massive-potential-short-squeeze-in-2017. Some of this probably has to do with Musk's relationship with the new Trump administration. But, some of the people who are shorting Tesla's stock probably have no idea about how the electric car business works? Anyhow regardless of your affinity for electric transport I think this is a great opportunity to take some profit from the squeezers! 8)

Meanwhile, I was going to boycott McDonald's for the immigrant stunt it pulled off, but reading that "The local black owner employs Americans", i decided it would be more appropriate to ban those franchises that employ illegal immigrants. For example, the burger king in the Walmart Supercenter in The Woodlands Distrct, just north of Tomball. (I already boycotted them the first time, when no one could speak my language to take my order. :roll:)

I know this will require extra effort in terms of parking and walking in to see whom they employ, and I will have to make certain possibly unfounded assumptions for the sake of speed ("There's an illegal among their 100% mexican ranks, I just know it", lol), but it's worth it. If illegals think they have a right to live here, I have a right to not patronize their employers.

Punx0r said:

You heard me.

Punx0r said:
I neither love nor hate Obama. I just notice . . . .

only what you WANT to notice. You can't be bothered to notice how much else was already said. And stuffed your foot in your mouth. Now, any chance you'll go back and READ how wrong you are as everyone else already has? Didn't think so.

swbluto said:
(I already boycotted them the first time, when no one could speak my language to take my order. :roll:)

Have you seen the automated order kiosk? We have a bunch of them out here. But what if they make them not speak English either?

No, what I notice is never missing an opportunity to divert a topic towards one of your repetitive political rants. Every time I object, you attack me as being an imagined supporter of whichever party/politicians it is you hate. Each time I remind you that I'm not in the U.S. don't take much interest in the politics there and usually don't know who or what you're talking about (nor why you think I would support them/it). You either have a memory problem or automatically assume everyone is looking for an argument with you and just indiscriminately attack anyone nearby.

Can't we talk about EV's?

Back