The Perfect Storm

Here it is

20170626_203443.jpg

How about this?

20180303_150050.jpg

I'm really suprised that this post hasn't received more of a response. I looked at the storm when it first was being marketed, but there was some concerns over delivery dates. Looks like everything has worked out for the good.
If I was getting into the sport today, this is the route I would go. Frankly, I have more money in my 2WD mountain bike than the Storm, even the up-dated version.
Well done.

motomech said:
I'm really suprised that this post hasn't received more of a response. I looked at the storm when it first was being marketed, but there was some concerns over delivery dates. Looks like everything has worked out for the good.
If I was getting into the sport today, this is the route I would go. Frankly, I have more money in my 2WD mountain bike than the Storm, even the up-dated version.
Well done.

Thank you for your positive critique.

IMG_5818..jpg

This is the Perfect Storm....... Last Saturdays small get together....

You could always go with dual 750's 52v battery for a 2WD and some Vee Snowshoe 5.5 tires for a fun machine in the sand
16299993.jpg

BruceTS said:

This is the Perfect Storm....... Last Saturdays small get together....

One thing worth noting about this picture is, this is not some kind of factory backed get together. These are all individual owners getting together to ride.

I always said it was in incedible bike for the money if Sondors manages to delivers.

Later on in the campaign when Storm posted pictures of him in china it was clear he was going to deliver and man did he deliver.

I remember when i first saw a sondors in person i thought wow this is amazing bike for the money and someone who really loved that bike picked out every detail. Every part was thought out.

that bike looks better than most 3000 dollar bikes that existed in the industry at that time.

I made my bike a little more perfect with a 18 fet 35 amp controller. With this same configuration I've tried a 25 amp controller, a 35 amp with 12 fet, and a 35 amp with 18 fet. It keeps getting better each time.

Scoot440 said:
That's a sweet bike!

What derailleur and shifter did you use when you added the 7-speed?

I bought it on eBay.

Shimano Tourney TX35 6/7-Speed Rear Derailleur w/ Hanger

The shifter is a 7 speed grip shift

Thanks!

Is your 750 watt motor the same as this one from Lunacycle?

https://lunacycle.com/48v-750w-geared-fat-motor-kit/

I've seen a few now. They look fine, but then so do Huffys. I wouldn't recommend one to someone who wants a reliable turnkey e-bike to put plenty of miles on. But for occasional recreational use, or someone who likes to tinker, it'll do.

Spend the same amount on a no-nonsense pedal bike, and you'll probably go faster.

Chalo said:
I've seen a few now. They look fine, but then so do Huffys. I wouldn't recommend one to someone who wants a reliable turnkey e-bike to put plenty of miles on. But for occasional recreational use, or someone who likes to tinker, it'll do.

Spend the same amount on a no-nonsense pedal bike, and you'll probably go faster.

As long as you don't mind spending $8000, go for it.

My thing is I just don't want the same bike that everyone else has. I can't ride to the store here in SoCal without running into five of these things and the owners all want to have a discussion about it. I thought about getting my 66 year old father who (doesn't really ride) one for his birthday but ended up buying him a Juiced Rider instead.

st35326 said:
My thing is I just don't want the same bike that everyone else has. I can't ride to the store here in SoCal without running into five of these things and the owners all want to have a discussion about it. I thought about getting my 66 year old father who (doesn't really ride) one for his birthday but ended up buying him a Juiced Rider instead.

I can understand how that would get of old, but every other eBike brand wishes they had that problem. Here in Dallas they aren't that thick. I've only run across about 7 at large in the last year and a half, but that still beats any other single brand.

Nice bike theo. Good work in the community too. I remember all of the planning you were doing when this bike was first offered, especially those slow profile tires!. Looks like you have had a ball customizing yours! Now you need one of those little shorty rear fenders (if for nothing else, to keep the slime off the controller).

I'm really impressed that the Storm bikes came out so well - even better than I had imagined! I'm glad it turned out well.

chas58 said:
Nice bike theo. Good work in the community too. I remember all of the planning you were doing when this bike was first offered, especially those slow profile tires!. Looks like you have had a ball customizing yours! Now you need one of those little shorty rear fenders (if for nothing else, to keep the slime off the controller).

I'm really impressed that the Storm bikes came out so well - even better than I had imagined! I'm glad it turned out well.

Thanks chas, it been a strange and exciting journey. Fenders are on my to do list.

Been away from the forum for 2 or 3 yrs. I remember these. Loved them.

Back