Evoke Motorcycles

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
http://evokemotorcycles.com/

A53I1928-iloveimg-converted.jpg

Seen here: Evoke Motorcycles take on Zero in the US with a sub-$10k electric!:
http://www.motofire.com/2017/03/new...ke-on-zero-in-the-us-with-a-sub-10k-electric/

Top Speed 130 km/h (81 mph)
Acceleration (0 - 50 km/h) 2.5 seconds
Max power 19 kW
Max torque 86 lb-ft
Motor type hub motor
Controller 400A DC wave controller with regenerative braking
City* 133 km (83 miles)
Highway, 80 km/h (50 mph)* 80 km (50 miles)
Battery type 99.2v, 60ah Lithium Iron Phosphate Evoke PowerPack
Rated nominal capacity 9.0 kWh
Standard charge time (0-100% DOD, typical) 8 hours (3 hours with optional Fast Charger to 80%)
Front Brakes Dual disc, 4 piston hydraulic 300×4 mm
Rear Brakes Single disc, 2 piston hydraulic 220×4 mm
Front Suspension 42mm inverted fork, dual shock
Rear Suspension Single shock rear
Front Wheel 3.00×17 cast aluminum
Rear Wheel 3.00×17 built-in hub motor w/ cast aluminum wheel
Front Tire 110/70-17
Rear Tire 140/70-17
Curb Weight 180 kg
Carrying Capacity 150 kg
Wheelbase 1360 mm (54.4 inches)
Length 2030 mm (81.2 inches)
Width (excluding mirrors) 710 mm (28.4 inches)
Seat Height 780 mm (31.2 inches)
Ground Clearance 130 mm (5.2 inches)

With a $200 deposit, a customer can ‘lock-in’ a pre-order price of just $9,400 for the circa 70 mile ranged machine. And with a 19kW motor spinning up a top speed of 81 mph, it’s relatively competitive in the all-important commuter market too.

As time moves on, things are definitely hotting up within the electric motorcycle arena.
:mrgreen:

Because the clutch is no longer needed, the rear brake has been moved up and onto the bars – like a bicycle – which whilst potentially welcoming for new riders, will take a little getting used to for those of us with ‘clutch-grab’ memorised by our muscles

That would be me. Locking up the rear wheel... a lot.

Evoke’s ~$10,000 electric motorcycle built by iPhone-maker Foxconn is coming to the US:
https://electrek.co/2017/03/09/evoke-electric-motorcycle-iphone-maker-foxconn/

Includes:
Evoke Motorcycles, an emerging electric motorcycle maker, is ready to expand its production and bring its bikes to the US through a new partnership with manufacturing giant Foxconn, the maker of the iPhone.

... and:
The first deliveries in the US are planned for July.

"... Samsung SDI cells..."

"The company plans to leverage its electric powertrain to broaden its lineup with two new vehicles, a cruiser and a cafe racer, expected later this year."

8)

SOMEBODY just created an entry on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evoke_Motorcycles

... includes:
An earlier electric bike was commissioned by the Indonesian police force in 2012 and 5 prototypes were produced.

8)

... and:
Evoke currently has a Kruzer style bike in development for a Q4 2017 release that will have 50% more performance (30KW and 126 lbs/ft of torque), a longer range of 230 km, ABS and an internally mounted water cooled motor. It will also come with a 7" touch screen as standard. There are more models scheduled for in the future but details are yet to be released.

It looks OK, the design I mean. But I wonder if the hub will be just a tad anemic? That is a heavy bike. If the motor is feather weight all the fun is gone.

Why the big secret for fork and shock? Are they using China cheese steel from no-brand manufacturer? And what controller and motor?
This is not in the same league av Zero afaict. Nevertheless if the price is right and they have chosen decent parts I am sure they will do ok, after all there are small batches hi end e-bikes that costs more.

The motor is made by QS motor and rated to 19 kW compared to 25 kW in The Zero DS. The Evoke controller is 400A@99V, I believe. The Zero is 550A, but with lower voltage.
0-60 mph is said to be 6.0 sec compared to 5 sec for the DS (FX and SR are quicker).
Batteries are Samsung SDI which should be good.
Don't know about other hardware, but I'm mostly missing ABS.

I've spoken with these guys and it is apparent they are very passionate about the product. The platform is very similar to other Chinese e-motorcycles and they seem to be doing what I would like to do on a smaller scale, which is modify a complete Chinese e-motorcycle with better cells and wiring and more power. Their bike is more expensive than I expected it to be, however.

Seems they will reveal the Kruzer within a few days. Mid drive, twice the power etc.

macribs said:
Seems they will reveal the Kruzer within a few days. Mid drive, twice the power etc.

Back