Your Creation's Before & After Pics

5o1U0t11IzvBMSdauuVMC-xIqvgW57N8d-3QAg7JkLeR5KABUM_nI_bfObbCKz_ZHovjCFmFhC-GGdEscLQkLl-DXvRCVsTjtjhBRDdqUkUuFxi9erBOYYw_rgdCoikW6Tb6PKMgjyLnH71gmH3hqML41Os2cp9WBmHcM7RySJab03spTog5KQ5ewBAHAieF8K4n5QRd8JTya8auWhlgWCbEHV2JmlJkBN8tdI-E3UggDtkj_0gO_vlY7V17znU43O1pQsZ05UIeIYnx84HtBIlYxEBGGTZXhTQLFxpI33mCH5HnugzOzHecCfzPg2dLSnaKmWLq54pRIw5HQIR466u6B_Rx0zv5KXT5-ygFcpnhkHr2XOjPqd7GOdUlFfr0uS8AQgVfdUlCCM8cl1iC9MZVV4-ddtZ0gC6Y7rt0tmxwKMC3acJtGtd92evkvmkLi928Q886oVxHmel4h6MsvfzZ678vXIIGqL9K9Uvetn7olb0NVSWhwVtpyiCUODyVLnTja1Zm5Jh7xhOuI9iEruroU-7ljBSFTucwjZxByGk5K1R74ozBSsKr9ZmOIkXRUWdfvjWvuTB7tnb_lffahZFhYizpM1JftGL1tQ7FxWPtVgN0Fw=w1689-h950-no

MwUpzaBpdb_iPDild56FtVMbzZeVF4ajOm1v13QzqXVwnYiiJomPn0Rdqg0NWxGusksKsplMw2vUXz-ZjDMtM9-f-pG8mtod8HsEu8fLHyl9R_qTsd8ph_8eRGYR-er-KWhrPGOeDAh3OHOmm85z4k6waa5qdiN_6B59e5tH5hnOFilf2BabdTI7nXaWKrmVzArcjCH5STfCTgliuDCzGR_HgGQWOOMk9ZSRjKIT3b9icaNCfHNIBSs_8ugM6njNuzTvWBUaQ4WBMXsNc4MqQPC4iHuWOIEDbiCqE3qx8g8xOcANGDQvO7wyw_atf_97Y4R8rQHJa5hFdfUdPIkPXAjxmAdNtGjTgVy7NZPAPyMq-b7dEkmZokha05fpNGRTiDG6Ng6GiazCtQ7WP8W4tayqq0viK9GPrQGMILN_JxO-3GUIUX17kPYgljV-bq5b5umQ7WFNUTtIJDGTABmF_2oRiuNbOkKktD0rVaecgjIifqTvv7oReh3-TTxve7yBPYKsrB3WF2J3_aoe-nn2-n4n7vzpcn5DUzPAPXECYHc2mjZIqz1kdMth4yIMvtl1nP_5dTck-LeCwkoNgbEstpc1QWtPDC2N8lzL720gsY4OTcbleg=w1689-h950-no

MaxPowers said:
May get the luna wrench.

IMO the wrench is to short for decent torque. I like the socket from Bafang MUCH better. With it and a long handle I NEVER have motor movement. A handles Shimano socket for the last lock ring is a great choice too.

Hi from Bulgaria :D
this is my 3rd bike dont have pic of old ones
Hub motor MXUS
controler 36-60v 40A with bluetooth - i use it in 48v 20A max with diy battery pack charge it with 12v 10A 4 packs

pasive air cooling for the batt. pack , heat is bad for them =]]]
55km no load
40km on flat with low front wind

Attachments

• Lenovo_A1000_IMG_20161114_143530[1].jpg
    Lenovo_A1000_IMG_20161114_143530[1].jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 8,179
7 years ago...
View attachment 1
Here's My "final/latest" result of my first ebike project
20161122_195517__1479826059_180.245.115.242.jpg
The Switch
20161122_195808__1479829147_180.245.115.242.jpg

I'm 17 years old, and this is my first EV, I'm happy with it, and will continue making newer & faster bikes (have ordered a 1500w dd motor)
I did all this for about roughly less than 50 hours (around 1 month range, interfered with school activity)
Feel free to request another pic like wiring inside that box.
Assembled my own 18650s (13s4p) circa 1/2 kwh battery
Unknown chinese bmc motor 48v 360w
Full aluminum case, with a key switch

I NEED HELP
is it normal for a 48v 360watt bmc motor to run only for 25kmh(15mph)? It seems like I haven't unleash the full power.

riba2233 said:
Run the wheel in the air and check speed and/or check if controller has some kind of speed limit (extra wires on controller, check wiring diagram). Maybe it's low kv model.
Without contacting to the ground, it can reach around 25kmh but if I ride it, it only performs 21-22kmh I think it's the wiring? like there's a speed limiter or smthng?

Pegasus195 said:
riba2233 said:
Run the wheel in the air and check speed and/or check if controller has some kind of speed limit (extra wires on controller, check wiring diagram). Maybe it's low kv model.
Without contacting to the ground, it can reach around 25kmh but if I ride it, it only performs 21-22kmh I think it's the wiring? like there's a speed limiter or smthng?
please STOP discussion here - open a new thread. this is POSTING PICTURES ONLY.

before specialized big hit fsr standard 24"rear with 24" up front as well
DSC_0032_zpsj5aturhc.jpg

after 750w bbs02 hot rod programmed with 52v 1ah battery pack
DSC_0047_zpslhlppdqy.jpg

This bike was seen Feb 2011 in this thread built up using a 9C DD rear hub and pulling about 2kW from the battery.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=235&start=625#p367340

A few years ago I stripped it down and put it back to pedal power. Recently decided to do a BBS02 and felt this would be a great bike for that unit and here’s the result along the NYC skyline:
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Rearranged the rear cassette to operate 3 widely spaced middle ranges only and put the rear derailleur on the 3 speed front chainring LH thumb shifter. This is all the gearing it needs and frees up the RH side of the bars for thumb throttle.
FullSizeRender-5.jpg
The biggest obstacle is/was the brake cutouts. Since this bike has fantastic Magura hydro rim brakes I pulled the hall sensors from the Bafang brake levers and hot glued them to the brake lever housing. Put a magnet on the lever and played around with it until I found the perfect location. Then added a dollop of Epoxy on those pieces to finalize the deal.

Wonderful conversion and one of my favorites. Floats over potholes and craters that would jar the dickens out of me with a heavy DD hub motor in the rear. Great efficiency. I can slow down and sip juice or dime the throttle and get up to speed very quickly.

It accepts a wide range of battery everything from 10-14S RC Lipo. My favorite cell count is probably 12S. It's high enough voltage to still hit 32.5 MPH speed limiter but doesn't warm up the controller as much as 14S seems to do with the Luna programming. And of course 12S is much much simpler to assemble and manage, IMO.

Speaking of Luna, can't say enough good things about buying the BBS02 with 44T sprocket from them and some other things. Possibly the best upgrade I made to the BBS02 was to replace the C961 display and crappy button with the Luna DPC-14 color display and much improved button. Easy buttons to press even wearing heavy gloves.

The power levels are much more useful and power management/distribution is more to my liking. Nice job!

ev-global-motors-ebike-1.jpg

My Neighbor had an old EV Global E-bike rusting in the rain sitting beside his house. I ask him what it was. "it's an electric bike. But it won't pull me up the driveway to the house. It's been sitting here for 2 years." So I said ok and left.
I went back to him 2 weeks later and asked if he would sell it. He said "No, I want fix it up". I left.
He came to my house awhile later and said "You can have it". I got it and put on the side of my house, in the rain, for 2 years.

I went to the beach one day, and came across a combination thrift / bicycle store, ran by a guy that told me he had used to be, or still was, an Electrical engineer. He had some e-bikes. We talked. I left.

That conversation "sparked" something and I tore into the old ebike, not having a clue as to what I was going to do. I found a few websites, this one included and read up. I found hyenaelectricbikes.com/ - PLUG
and bought some parts. Then I bought some more parts. That first bike was very fast, 72V, Crystalyte 3540 motor, Hyena controller. Very nice, fun but it was a hard tail and being an offroader, I wanted rear suspension.
Ebike AS IS Dec 12.jpg
So, leaning on what I had learned, I found another frame and hacked off the rear end. At first I had configured a rear end with a Cannondale V3000 aluminum swingarm. I gusseted it and mounted steel Torque arms from Doctor Bass.
The Problem was the shock mount and amount of leverage was a hindrance to find a shock that could deal with the load. I settled on a shock from Risse Racing. I t worked ok but I needed almost 300 lbs of air to keep from bottoming. Silver with shock done1.jpg View attachment 2
I finally broke the Swingarm, Had it fixed and finally caved it in. Back to the drawing board. I looked around for a downhill frame that looked like I could use parts from. I settled on a Rocky Mountain RM7 used frame that I found online. Bought it and adapted it along with the Fox Vanilla Shock to my frame. The swingarm is still aluminum, so I'm keeping my eyes open for spare parts.View attachment 7 Rear Drop out.jpg
I did up the voltage to 96V, Lyen 18 Fet Mark II Overclocker controller, H4040 Motor, 45mph in a burst. Very fun and (so far) reliable. I, for now, have the 2 ebikes.Black Bike dec16.jpgBlack Bike 1 dec16.jpg

Attachments

• Black Bike 7 dec16.jpg
    Black Bike 7 dec16.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 7,505
I've bought a lightly used ICE Sprint 26 recumbent trike frame for a steal and build-up my second ICE Sprint.

blue-ice-frame.jpg

Got the needed original parts (seat, steering assembly) and build it up again. Apart from a Patterson Metropolis 2-speed bottom bracket, I've added 24" front wheels with 90mm Sturmey Archer drum brakes, a Bafang CST 10t with steel planetary gears, 15FET Sunwin controller, CAv3, 20s10p battery. Top speed is 40mph.

n671973_web.jpg

I rode it for 6,000km this year and its a blast to ride.

Trek 8000 conversion. This is a 1998 SLR, it didn't come with disc brakes. When I first installed the BBSHD, if you wanted to stop, you needed to plan ahead. The cable disc in the front didn't cut it either. The hydraulic disc conversion, as you'll see, had a lot of issues, including a 22mm mount no bracket (I bought them all) would solve. Probably would have been cheaper to buy a finished bike, in the end. But it's mine, I did it myself, and I like building things. I've got a few more little things to do-- replacing the front brake with a double-piston, changing the brake lines to red, and tidying up the cables with nylon housing and heat shrink, OH-- and finding an appropriate sticker for the battery (think Captain America)! 40 miles so far. This bike rocks.

fetch

This photo is cropped. If you want to see all the photos, I also posted it here: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/builds/customer-gallery/24277-trek-8000-conversion

It began as a basic 7-speed Trek Shift-1. With parts from donor bikes it evolved into an upgraded 3x8, and got a Leed PBJ 250-watt power assist. Keeping it primarily a simple pedal bike was the goal.

Leed_PBJ_before_after.jpg

Present version, with work still to be done on the covering of the cargo area frame (and elsewhere), with wood slats/etc.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833&p=1251104#p1251104
file.php

It's also a convertible:
file.php

"original" fully built version.
file.php

Main differences are:
--seat moved forward to expand cargo area
--cargo area frame expanded and stiffened up
--dog kennel moved forward several inches (more weight forward of rear wheels)
--upper rack is several inches longer, wiht much stronger supports
--trunk on top gives easy-to-reach storage, is removable to put cargo up there instead
--motors now in rear wheels, using moped rims/tires; much better acceleration than single front motor
--cargo box area under seats now expanded to eventually be large secure containment for cargo and batteries
--has an automotive ball-hitch for a trailer (not installed in pics above)
--better lighting
--sun canopy (I usually ride at midday or after dark, for work commute)
--handles better
--added 3speed IGH in frame and geared down the front ring (actually changed to a triple, replacing entire BB and moving it a bit to fit new seat position), so that if all else fails I can actually pedal it home on my own, albeit at 1 or 2 MPH. :oops:
--other stuff I forgot while typing :oops:

Eventually the tan areas below will be covered in wood, and the black rectangle will have pictures of the various dogs in the family over my life (those I still have pics of). If I find I need money badly enough, maybe I'll sell advertising space there, by the week (so I can remove it soon after becoming unable to tolerate it anymore; no long-term committment to advertisers). :/

img_4019edit.jpg

Not completely an "after" pic yet, more like a "during" ;) but the SB Cruiser's new body is almost done; gives more cargo space *and* looks a lot nicer.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833&p=1258892#p1258892
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Might end up making it a bench seat (instead of the temporary one that's on it in the pics above), and then I could carry a passenger if they don't mind an elbow in the ribs now and then as I steer. ;)
file.php

Kirin tried out the cargo bed and gives it two ears down; says it's just the right size.
file.php

(I think she's really thinking about how many chewsticks it would make)

Thats just awesome... Bench seat is a must so you can share the ride with your sweetie... An occasional poke in the ribs every now and again might get something started...

Here's some photos of my completed Bafang Trek 6500 commuter bike with Bafang (Luna) 750w mid-drive. The last thing I did was paint the battery case in a similar colour scheme to the bike frame. Don't know why more people don't do this as the standard black battery pack looks pretty boring. I'll get around to painting the bottom of the battery case charcoal to match the bike frame...eventually.

Here's my YouTube video of the build: [youtube]3frXWJ2KpMY[/youtube]

IMG_2995 - Copy (Small).JPG

IMG_3197 - Copy (Small).JPG

IMG_3194 (Small).JPG

Thats a great looking bike Stripesmeow. Clean and professional looking.

@stripesmeow,

Great looking bike! And I like what you did with the colours on the battery case.
If you slide down the rear rack until it touches the downtube/clamp and move the bag as much forward and underneath the seat as possible, you'll reduce the stress on the seat tube significantly. It also results in a slightly better center of gravity and improved handling.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=86228

Before you start yelling this is in the wrong place- this one in e-moto/scooter has 1 post. Perhaps this thread should be all EV before & after not just e-bicycles?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83714

jlt2eGol.jpg

9JfeWvQl.jpg

A gary Fisher with a edge1500w and a programmable sine wave controller 50 amp and a CA