Motorhispania RYZ goes Electric(Photos+Video)

Nice job on your build.

E-Chopper said:
:D

So my girlfriend first ask me ! "why you make promotion for your part supplieres" :?:
And i told her.... i dont want to make promotion :!: for me it´s more important that the people who want to build a DIY Bike herself not have to search such i long time i do !!

In the beginning of my interest in E-Vehicles it was really difficult to find some Factory who had the parts i´m searching for .
There lot of Factorys out there but the price difference is amazing .
Also i saw many Video´s on YT from DIY Bikebuilders and i ask my self what kind of motor they use what kind of controller ........

Reading some forum post on ES was really helpfully (if i think back ...i searching long time for cheap 18650 Panasonic cells.... most sellers had huge price for one single cell(>7eur)!! then i read a post on ES from a Onlinshop in Europe ->Netherlands they had the cheapest cells for Europe possible (>2,5eur) .
If i dont have this informations i never would do a DIY Bike or DIY Accu because i´m not Richie Rich .

So i hope for some People the "promotion " can be helpfully .

greetings
Martin

Fair play to you on that. Could I take you up on it a bit more and maybe fill in the details in the https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Electric_Motor_Selection chart? PM me if you have trouble. I'm thinking since you know the difference between old and new types you could be more accurate than the vendor's details... :)
Dankeschön!

Thank you guys again for your positve reactions .

" marcexec" i still searching for my test notes where i note all details(raw-Data) .
if i find it i will write my data into ES-Wiki .

I wrote that the bike is fin but............. :arrow:
So again i make some upgrading (i know im crazy) :twisted:

I read some post on ES about the maximum input voltage for my 48 Volt controller .....and i find out that my controller can easily handle 65 Volt without trouble(burn or short it) .
after i read that post , i look into the battery box ... i saw that there is enough space for another "s" so i change my s14 to s15 accu .

bevore i make this i balance all my cell to the same voltage .
Luck that in those DIY accubuilding time i ordered more cells so i have some cells from the same production unit .

After first test with the new accu i was real be astonished because the bike drive faster than I expected .
My thought was now to convert the additional speed into torque"Power" ......so again i change the transmission :shock: .
I had figured out that the factory were i buy my rear sprocket also produce a 87 Tooth raw Sprocket(420chain)the biggest one that available .
i order it !....get it!.....i drill the holes in it! .....and mount that big size Sprocket on the wheel !
The first rear-sprocket had 75 tooth and still look´s huge but this one "wow" thats a real big Sprocket awesome !!!
....testdrive with the new sprocket was tremendous.......mount Everest i´m coming :D

so know i think this bike is fin (maybe)

Bye

(anyone need a 75 sprocket ?)

subscribe

Nice build subd! Hows that motor holding up how many amps are you feeding it? I have a similar conversion under way but im working on shaving weight off the bike at the moment no motor yet but it feels heavy.

I dont know it exactly but first time i use a 80 Amp ANL Fuse .
But this 80 Amp fuse blow´n away at second hillock drive .
So now i use a 100Amp ANL fuse and everything is fine...... so i belive that motor takes about 80amp up to may 90Amp .
i use a vec 200 >countinous 80 amps ??

Greetings
Martin

Great build!
Very light and everything is tidy and stealth.
What is max speed on flat?
I'm looking to do something similar.
A light dirt bike. Maybe 50cc two stroke or 125cc four stroke. Sub 100 kg.
The 72v version of this motor have more torque (25 nM over 20 nM) and same rpm. Would you choose it over the 48v version?
Also thinking the 5kW version. A little heavier, same torque but rpm doesn't drop with load.
Also do you think liquid cooled worth the extra weight and money?
Any suggestions?

Matthew

Hi Matthew

:arrow: Again i make some improvements and i also interesting in how fast the bike actually drive !
So two weeks ago i mount a GPS Watch on the Handle Bar and first time i really measured the top Speed !!
The V-max is 67Km/h and i believe that really fast for this not speed dimensioned for.... 9 to 87 Tooth ´Sprocket transmission´ .

I always believe the Bike´s Vmax is around 45to 50km/h but on street i overtake some small Motorcycles(moped) so I guessed it .

(my new improvements)
3 weeks ago i had some trouble with the new VEC200(speed controlled) (sometime it want work and i dont know why )meantime i try to fix the problem
but i still want to drive so i took the old VEC200(torque controlled) from my E-Chopper.

The Old VEC200 is much better there is more Power on hill drive i also believe that it reach top speed faster and the motor generally spinning faster .
(learning never stops).....it seams to me "torque Control" is much better for drive without gear Box !

And i modify my Charger to 63 Volt (turn a poti inside) before changes happened it was only around 60-61 Volt .
Its unbelievably how 2-3 Volt can make so much distinction !!

(our question)
*If i would do this project again i would choose the 72 Volt 3kw version not the 48volt .

*the 5 Kw is a little bit heavier and the controller too also the battery,cable etc. must be bigger and heavier .
If 5 kw is the better choose ......!? difficult to say in my Opinion i always drive 50cc or 90cc Gas-Cycle so the 3kw is a good choose to have similar Power .
But if you drive 100cc-125 Cycle before on the track the 5kw or 10kw..... take the bigger one !

*with my e-chopper i drive 45minutes+ and the Motor is a little bit covered in the front and sometimes it getting hot (so in this case the water cooled would be a better option).

With the E-Hispania i drive max 20-25 minutes off-road-track ,the motor get air-stream while i drive it.
The motor gets warmish but not really hot !
in this opinion i would keep the Air cooled motor .

(hope I could help)
greetings Martin

And i would take a other Controller Kelly or Sevcon .

So, if you need a powerfull controller, I have a Kelly KHB 14601C controller for sold!
144V (nominal Voltage) Battery voltage 18V-180V (175V).
Up to 600A phase current possible.
https://kellycontroller.com/khb1460124-144v600aopto-bldc-controllerwith-regen-p-829.html

Greetings from GER
Andre

Hey!

Do you still have the fuel cap? What year motorhispania is this? Sorry for my bad english :D

Iboor

I think Yes i still have all parts i demount from this Bike . So i still belive i had the complete fuel tank include the cap .
But i really dont know what year i think it is modell is from 2006-2008

Greetings from Austria
Martin

Hi E Chopper,
I am doing a similar build inspired by your project using the HPM3000B.
I am wondering if anyone out there has found a sprocket that works with the golden motor HPM3000B?
I already have the motor and it has a 20mm shaft. I am using a 420 size chain and cannot located a "bore sprocket" that works with this chain with 20mm shaft and a key. I cannot switch to a different chain size because the sprocket is custom to the rear wheel. I do not have access to a mill or lathe to make my own sprocket. I have only been able to find 3/4 Inch sprockets with keyways but not 20mm ones.
I would be willing to pay extra to have one made as well.

thanks
Tomcat

Hello

I cant find a fin 420 Sprocket with 20mm too so i made it DIY..........
I buy this Sprocket https://www.ebay.at/itm/1-Kettenrad-mit-Nabe-ohne-Nut-08B-1-Z-18-20H7-/161027621264 and costum it .

In your case i would buy this "https://www.ebay.at/itm/1-Kettenrad-mit-Nabe-ohne-Nut-08B-1-Z-18-20H7-/161027621264 " and weld on one of this https://www.ebay.at/itm/1-Kettenrad-mit-Nabe-ohne-Nut-08B-1-Z-18-20H7-/161027621264
But it must weld with Precesion .

My other Project i use this method too i buy this 20mm Sprocket and weld a other sprocket on it .
motorschweissen.png

++bersetzung.png

hope i could help .

Greetings from Austria

Hi E-Chopper.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and posting the pictures, I appreciate it. Ill look to fabricate a sprocket myself as you did. If I find some options pre-made, Ill post them here as well.

Thanks for posting your build!

Tomcat

Hi again i think or belive i found a fineshed resulution "german English" :lol:

you need this

in german ist calling "taperbuchse"
http://www.smartemotion.de/e-mobili...b/317/kettenrad-428er-fuer-taperbuchse?c=2151
Kettenr-der-Taper_120x120.jpg

and connect it with that one
http://www.smartemotion.de/e-mobili...aper-zubehoer/417/taperbuchse-typ-2010?c=2151
Taper_120x120.jpg

and you can combinete this two the fit together !?
If you not shure ask the dealer !?

I know this dealer they very friendly ask him(email) but i belive it will fit he also sell the hbm3000 so he will know !!

Greetings from the land of Mozart "balls"

Hello Love the build and am looking to build something similar. but unfortunately don't have to much access to fabrication tools was wondering what Motor you would recommend for a build very similar but could easily put a sprocket on?

Also i will probably find it after posting this but did you build or buy your battery.

If you built it what type of battery did you use ?

Currently i am Thinking about building a lithium ion battery any thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

I think some QS mid drive motors are now available with 420 sprocket option.. search this forum for silent enduro I think for more off-road builds..

Back