Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Green Werks said:
A gary Fisher with a edge1500w and a programmable sine wave controller 50 amp and a CA
powered by a 52v 24ah 50a continuous and 70 amp burst battery pack

Great looking bike Green Werks. I like your choice of components, simple but with a good amount of power. A Suntour NCX suspension seat post would be about the only thing I'd add. $89 on eBay.

Thank You that bike is a lot of fun
I def would like to get one of those seat post
and the only other up grade that I am going to do is a set of hydraulic disc brakes
Cheers

moderator edit to add: this frame is a "Norco Nation Chopper"

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 6,242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,242
Welcome rollinb Cool bike- looks like the business with a dig directdrive and plenty room for a big batt What specs is it?

Thanks torker.
Crystalite hub (35** or 53**,I frgt), infineon 40 amp controller, 12s3p lipo.
40 amp bms. Top speed 60km/h. range 28km-42k, usually the lower-i dont peddle
Built back in 2012. Currently replacing battery with the tesla 18650 cells.
Will be 8p12s.
Is a blast to ride.

Closest thing I had to that was a tour easy clone I built and powered it with a front hub. I built the bike in my avatar a few yrs ago. It is finally going to get some pedals :) and a bottle battery with bms. I ran it on lipos but my son and his buddies puffed a couple those on one ride. So I am turning the amps down (putting the shunt back to stock) and setting it up so my wife can ride it without killing herself...

The Code hydraulic rear disc brake was a needed upgrade. Have the regen button beside thumb throttle.
I also have the bb7 on the front, with the regen button integrated in mechanical lever.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 6,105
Claud Butler Majecstic (apparently) I picked up off ebay because it had the wide tyres on a retro frame. Fast forward and the bike has carbon MTB forks with 180mm disc brake and a Bafang BBS02 750W built into a cafe racer. 52V 8Ah battery in the satchel. What do you think?

Attachments

• DSC_0502.JPG
    DSC_0502.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 5,971
  • DSC_0637.JPG
    DSC_0637.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 5,971
Cyclone 3000w, 18s6p r25 batteries, 60a bluethooth controller.
Battery case is made out of 10 mm aluminium, but side covers are plywood with vinyl sticker.

IMG_20170404_190755.jpg
IMG_20170404_190638.jpg
IMG_20170404_190722.jpg
View attachment 2
IMG_20170318_175056.jpg
IMG_20170313_203426.jpg

Only a compromise solution

Attachments

• GSXR 1000 Basisa.jpg
    GSXR 1000 Basisa.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 5,889
  • WE13 022a_klein.jpg
    WE13 022a_klein.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 5,889
smeagol222 said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=86228

Before you start yelling this is in the wrong place- this one in e-moto/scooter has 1 post. Perhaps this thread should be all EV before & after not just e-bicycles?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83714

jlt2eGol.jpg

9JfeWvQl.jpg

The end product is so nice I almost want a scooter lol.

b) commenting in this thread at all, use PM for that.... Seriously??

Before, Cannondale Badboy 6 brand new June 2014..

FB_IMG_1402043886334.jpg

After, ePassion 1000w rear hub motor & Hailong 48v 11.6ah Battery, April 2017..

IMG_20170411.jpg

The pic might have been slightly too large, and the sites software automatically converts it to a link. I usually resize to approximately 600 X 400 before posting. If that isn't the reason, I don't know why...

I found a really easy way is to use imgur, sharing options have an easy phpBB link with easy thumnail size option to click (it adds before the '.jpg' has a little 'm' for medium, 'l' for large etc).
eg.
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/JyRFJTdm.jpg[/img]

Also if you have a bunch of images (bulk upload to imgur) then you can click the pencil on one image, select them all then select the 'view image info' dropdown-->generate image links. Then select the phpBB option.

Before:
Home made aluminium frame (15 years ago :shock: )

Frame.JPG

After:
Motor: car alternator 120A
Controller: 48V 1500W
Batt: Lipo 4x4S 16Ah (68V)
Speed : 70Km/h (44mph)
Power max: 3200 W
9 speeds
Gear reduction: 5.6
Weight: 23 Kg

Video on the road https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJXladJpEGE&feature=youtu.be

Proto.JPG

Detail.JPG

Video on the road https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJXladJpEGE&feature=youtu.be

Before:
Specialzed Rockhopper Comp
qvJSggI.jpg

After:
Swapped out offroad tires for Maxxis Hookworm 29" street tires
Swapped out the original hard saddel for the more comfortable Planet Bike Men's A.R.S.
Added a Topeak MTX to carry my work clothes and laptop
Added BBSHD with 20ah battery from lunacycle.com
CHJ0nDm.jpg

This is my first ebike build and despite it being quite a bit more challenging than I'd anticipated, the long nights were absolutely worth it because this thing is a blast. I plan to use it for daily commuting 40 miles round-trip to work with some pretty steep hills.

Great looking bike negative pitch. Looks clean, fast and very fun.

zerodebikes said:
Tangent ascent inboard where the gearbox usually goes.. super fun!

Sweet! We need more pics pls. Did you need to alter the frame or did the tangent drive fit straight in?
Does the chainline stay stationary while swing arm moves? It seems so from the pic but I don't know Zerode frame.

Back