gas price thread

$1.95/gal for 87 octane at the local poison pump in East Austin.

$1.99 unleaded and been hovering between $2.00 and $2.25 in Alamogordo, NM. Funny thing is we used to have higher gas prices than neighboring communities of Las Cruces (Dogman's town) and Roswell, NM. Seems that prices dropped significantly since the new Walmart Neighborhood market opened.

"Great" news today!

Oil find "lights up" Repsol

The Spanish energy giant Repsol has struck oil in Alaska, in what it said was the biggest conventional oil discovery onshore in America in 30 years.

The group said that two wells it had drilled over the winter had identified potential resources of up to 1.2 billion barrels of light oil.

(For 2016, the IEA Oil Market Report forecasts worldwide average demand of nearly 96 million barrels of oil and liquid fuels per day – that works out to more than 35 billion barrels a year.)

So the "biggest conventional oil discovery onshore in America in 30 years" will "feed the world" w/energy for a few weeks! Maybe...

ExxonMobil Just Got Hit By This Fast-Rising New Energy Problem
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/exxonmobil-just-got-hit-fast-155927851.html

Starts:
Big developments this week on a new challenge quickly rising for the energy industry… and beyond.

Climate change reporting.

ExxonMobil lost a key decision in an ongoing climate change battle Wednesday. When a New York judge ordered the oil giant to turn over correspondence from its executives on potential impacts of changing temperatures on the company’s business.

Canada rear-guard actions (aka "Climate Change Lite"):
And it isn’t just in the U.S. where climate change reporting is becoming a big issue. Canadian securities regulators also got in on the act this week — announcing the launch of project to examine how well Toronto-listed firms are disclosing their climate risks.

Around $1.5 per litre in the UK :| real cheaper to use a bike :D

C$1.22 per litre in Toronto.
Don't miss these blood sucking monsters one second.
In front is my brand new 2017 Ford Focus Electric.
Haven't paid a cent since I got it last week, thanks to the local Ikea for
the free fast DC-DC charger, I've done already 524 km, and saved C$57 on gasoline alone.

P.S. Sorry about poor quality of the pic.

P.P.S. I was afraid I was gonna get beaten up by the ICE drivers, and had to leave in the hurry.

18cnos8.jpeg

Pyongyang gas price surge: Bad news for Kim Jong Un?:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pyon...-034828533.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_03

Includes:
Prices have shot up to about $2.30 per kilogram, or about $6.44 a gallon, since the surge began in mid-April, when prices were in the $1.25-30 range. That means North Korea now has some of the highest prices in the world for gasoline. For comparison, the price in April last year was only about 80 cents per kilogram.

(In other news, ebike store sell out...)

LSBW said:
C$1.22 per litre in Toronto.
Don't miss these blood sucking monsters one second.
In front is my brand new 2017 Ford Focus Electric.
Haven't paid a cent since I got it last week, thanks to the local Ikea for
the free fast DC-DC charger, I've done already 524 km, and saved C$57 on gasoline alone.

P.S. Sorry about poor quality of the pic.

P.P.S. I was afraid I was gonna get beaten up by the ICE drivers, and had to leave in the hurry.

18cnos8.jpeg

We've got one of those in the motor pool at work. Currently can't get any practical use out of it, since the morons in management had it foisted on them as a sort of experiment. I like it though.
Part of my job was to drive it 25 miles a few times a week and then plug it in so it wouldn't go dead from lack of use. Leave it to the Government to pay to test the feasibility of every product out there while the hapless taxpayers foot the bill.
Never could figure out why only one running light stays on when parked, the extension cord has a lighted plug at the end so you can find it in the dark. :mrgreen:

If you look, you will see that oil is on about an 18 year cycle going back 3 or so cycles. I believe we are nearing the minimum in 12 to 18 months. Likely will see below $2 gal in the US for a measurable period of time. Then we head towards another up cycle. CHK getting in deep, deep trouble will be an indicator of the bottom.

I refuel at a servo roughly once every three months - mostly because I went on a weekend away to burn up the fuel before it goes stale.

Australians don't like the idea of electric cars, because everything is a little further away: Getting from one side of Sydney to the other could cross you three countries in Europe. But plugin hybrids are the perfect bridge between ICE and electric. Range and quick fueling when you need it. Electric economy when you don't.

In my neighborhood in East Austin, best price $2.15 the last time I checked.

I don't buy gas anymore, but if I had a stinking pollution fountain, I'd like that price very much.

$2.07 in East Austin right now. That's no good for anybody; it leads folks to bad decisions that negatively affect themselves and others too. We need $10+ gas to help stupid people act more intelligently.

Was $1.35 (CAD) per litre when I was in Vancouver earlier.

1.35 x 3.785 (gallons) x 0.79 (CAD exchange) = $4.04 a gallon.

20 miles south immediately across the border in Blaine, WA it's currently $1.94

Back