Vector bike and frame owners.

I think 19" and 21" on the front is possible. I think I have readed that once in the forum. Shinko 244 tires are the moto tires, right? I recommend 3,0" x 19" if you want to go with the 19" one. 3.5" is wider then 3.0". But I 3.5" x 19" wont fit. Only 3.0" x 19", but Im not sure about the size of the 3.0. I only know that Artur has tried once the 19" on the rear for higher speeds.

DasDouble said:
I think 19" and 21" on the front is possible. I think I have readed that once in the forum. Shinko 244 tires are the moto tires, right? I recommend 3,0" x 19" if you want to go with the 19" one. 3.5" is wider then 3.0". But I 3.5" x 19" wont fit. Only 3.0" x 19", but Im not sure about the size of the 3.0. I only know that Artur has tried once the 19" on the rear for higher speeds.

Yep, moto tires and rims. Shinko 244 / 241 is my choice, im wondering if its possible to fit a 19x3.50 in the rear...

@Hertzelz I don´t think so. My 18" x 3.5" do already barely fit into the swingarm. I have space of about 0.2mm on each side of the rim I guess. Impossible with 19".

Edit: Maybe with a wider swingarm, it could be possible. One for fatbike tires for example. Ask Artur for that.

Hello Guys,
i´ve designed some really nice 3D Files for my Vector Frame.
All files i´ve created can be found on my Thingiverse page.
Just follow the link and you can discover a lot of nice Files including a lot of pictures, manuals etc....
http://www.thingiverse.com/H3x4/designs

If someone wanted something printed just PM me :)

Hexa said:
Hello Guys,
Just follow the link and you can discover a lot of nice Files including a lot of pictures, manuals etc....

Really nice work, well done.
I definitley want the side cover and rear light, but i want the indecators more lol.
Could you please send pics of how you made the indicators? Connections and mountings with parts used would be nice.
Ps. Do you live in the UK?

Guys, what is your phase amps max?

Really nice work, well done.
I definitley want the side cover and rear light, but i want the indecators more lol.
Could you please send pics of how you made the indicators? Connections and mountings with parts used would be nice.
Ps. Do you live in the UK?

The Indicators are from ebay :D
If you want the Sideplates and the backlight here are the prices:

Backlight (only printed part) 5€
Backlight with Led´s 7,50€
Backlight complete ready for use (including soldering, Cable etc...) 15€

Big Sideplate with all Screws and nuts (premounted) 10€
Small Sideplate with all Screws and nuts (premounted) 3€

+ Free colour choice

Hexa said:
Hello Guys,

What happen'd to the files? Nothing to see there anymore.

What happen'd to the files? Nothing to see there anymore.

What the F***! :shock:

i think it is a server failure of thingiverse.com.

Here are the Direct links to the Files:

Rearlight (backlight):
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2191708

Rearshock Cover:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2195822

LED Light Clamp:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2224919

Motoseat Sidecovers:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2225024

Ignitionkeyplate:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2225057

If somebody want a thing here personalised, thats absolutely no Problem!
For example if you want another logo on the rearshock coverplate 8)

Artur said:
lennovich said:
Hello,

Can i fit a 19"x 1,6 rim in my vector with a 90/90 motorcycle tyre?

with fatbike swingarm yes. with standart i think only 2.75-3.0 will fit.

Has some body done the swing arm conversion?

Sean9002 said:
Artur said:
lennovich said:
Hello,

Can i fit a 19"x 1,6 rim in my vector with a 90/90 motorcycle tyre?

with fatbike swingarm yes. with standart i think only 2.75-3.0 will fit.

Has some body done the swing arm conversion?

Check my instagram vectorebike

I really can't understand your thinking Artur. You are not alone doing this. You are building a brand name. Vector bike.
Too often you rely on third parties to get your information presented. My thinking is that numero uno when building a brand is to take full control of all communication and data. Everything important enough to be published belong on your own website first. Remember content is king. And by cross linking internally you build your brand into search engines as well.

I am not saying skip social media. Not at all. In fact the importance of social media in todays brand building is not even a discussion worthy. My point is do things in the correct order, so that you keep building your brand on a platform where you control and own all data, then publish on any and all social media you find yourself on.

About this sing arm in question. You got the fat bike version as an option, but afaik that option or add on has never even been mentioned on the vector website. And when you get a question about fat bike swingarm your answer is "check my insta". Why make it so complicated for you customers, prospects and people searching for Vector related information? Your insta is not linked in your website, nor in your ES signature. And when people find vectorbike on Insta where is the fatbike swingarm?

Your website should act as a central hub from where all information gets shared and re posted. That way you make it easier for users, search engines and you control all important data. Also ES forum is great but who is the man behind the scene? One day ES could be history, where would your data be then? This goes for social media as well. What if face or insta should go belly up tomorrow? If you have published first and on your own website your data would not vanish as they are still published and indexed on your site.

After watching the recent fires and the testing of lipo fires and seeing what happens with a completely steel battery box, I could NEVER buy a bike frame with plastic panels. I just watched a video of a fire and the smoke POURED out of the vents and holes, but the bike survived, as did the surroundings. Plastic panels? No thanks. Someone will no doubt claim they are rare happenings but I'm on the side of survival and keeping my house and garage.

macribs said:
I really can't understand your thinking Artur. You are not alone doing this. You are building a brand name. Vector bike.
Too often you rely on third parties to get your information presented. My thinking is that numero uno when building a brand is to take full control of all communication and data. Everything important enough to be published belong on your own website first. Remember content is king. And by cross linking internally you build your brand into search engines as well.

I am not saying skip social media. Not at all. In fact the importance of social media in todays brand building is not even a discussion worthy. My point is do things in the correct order, so that you keep building your brand on a platform where you control and own all data, then publish on any and all social media you find yourself on.

About this sing arm in question. You got the fat bike version as an option, but afaik that option or add on has never even been mentioned on the vector website. And when you get a question about fat bike swingarm your answer is "check my insta". Why make it so complicated for you customers, prospects and people searching for Vector related information? Your insta is not linked in your website, nor in your ES signature. And when people find vectorbike on Insta where is the fatbike swingarm?

Your website should act as a central hub from where all information gets shared and re posted. That way you make it easier for users, search engines and you control all important data. Also ES forum is great but who is the man behind the scene? One day ES could be history, where would your data be then? This goes for social media as well. What if face or insta should go belly up tomorrow? If you have published first and on your own website your data would not vanish as they are still published and indexed on your site.

Maybe a Q&A could be one imrovements, like where all common questions get answered - before people even have to ask.

macribs said:

I have to agree with the part of having everything in the site.
It would have made my life easier , i had to search all around the web reading thousands of posts and went through all 29+80something posts here in ES.

I fond the site really outdated, i think the first time i went there was in 2014? Cant remember correctly but it was a long time ago and most things are still the same.

In addition to the Q&A doubledass suggested i think a list with all the current components will be nice.
Also offering a maintenance kit would be nice, like screws and bearings and dropouts.

Another problem i see is that information is scattered all around the place, russian forums, ES, youtube and instegram and then you find just a tiny bit of info in the site, an archive will work if you dont want to overcomplicate things.

Anyway i am expecting my typhoon to be home any day , cant wait for it.

abahanad said:
macribs said:

I have to agree with the part of having everything in the site.
It would have made my life easier , i had to search all around the web reading thousands of posts and went through all 29+80something posts here in ES.

I fond the site really outdated, i think the first time i went there was in 2014? Cant remember correctly but it was a long time ago and most things are still the same.

In addition to the Q&A doubledass suggested i think a list with all the current components will be nice.
Also offering a maintenance kit would be nice, like screws and bearings and dropouts.

Another problem i see is that information is scattered all around the place, russian forums, ES, youtube and instegram and then you find just a tiny bit of info in the site, an archive will work if you dont want to overcomplicate things.

Anyway i am expecting my typhoon to be home any day , cant wait for it.

Im all in all happy with Vector but I have to admit that this is correct. A single source, the Vector.com homepage would make things way more easyer then they are right now. In the beginning I have been sceptical about the webside because it showed just not enough information (back then, there has been for example no facebook comments), so you couldnt tell if this is a scam or not for example. Nowadays things are better already, but I would have loved to have one single information source.

tomjasz said:
After watching the recent fires and the testing of lipo fires and seeing what happens with a completely steel battery box, I could NEVER buy a bike frame with plastic panels. I just watched a video of a fire and the smoke POURED out of the vents and holes, but the bike survived, as did the surroundings. Plastic panels? No thanks. Someone will no doubt claim they are rare happenings but I'm on the side of survival and keeping my house and garage.

you can order side panels from aluminium ;)

but I dont think it is a good idea to build a bike that supposed to burn. None of my bike ever had a problem with this.. If you know what you are doing - nothing worry about.. But if you don't - dont touch it :)

Artur said:
But if you don't - dont touch it :)

One of the most respected and many other well versed members have had fires. It can and does happen. The point is, if the side panels are steel the bike will likely survive. If the panels are composite there will be far more damage. Aluminum may or may not offer protection. T suggest someone shouldn't consider protection is not serving customers well. Remember the most recent fires happened to experienced builders and riders. It can and does happen. Buyers need only look around at the fire videos and decide which style frame protect their bikes and surroundings.

Luckily I have not had any fires. But if the battery does turn into plasma I reckon there will be no saving the frame. Imagine how hot a li ion fire runs. Like 1000 degrees. Most likely that will heat frame, melt controller and wires damage bearings and might even weaken the frame. I think I would rather have side covers that do ventilate rather then a steel box that might explode.

tomjasz said:
Artur said:

One of the most respected and many other well versed members have had fires. It can and does happen. The point is, if the side panels are steel the bike will likely survive. If the panels are composite there will be far more damage. Aluminum may or may not offer protection. T suggest someone shouldn't consider protection is not serving customers well. Remember the most recent fires happened to experienced builders and riders. It can and does happen. Buyers need only look around at the fire videos and decide which style frame protect their bikes and surroundings.
Take a couple of minutes and think about a fire(explosion) inside a metal box.

I have been dealing with lipo and li ion for more than 10 years, never had a pack explode or burn unless they werent properly maintained.

I have a 6 years old lipo pack that has over a 1000 cycles and it gets charged and discharged almost daily for the past 2 years, yes its overbuilt for what it powers but i still trust it 2 cms away from my face , its a 4s4p 18650 pack , it did lose way too much capacity and i will replace soon enough, but i never had it explode on me.

Even if the pack exploded in a metal box nothing is going to stop a fire.

abahanad said:
tomjasz said:
Artur said:
Even if the pack exploded in a metal box nothing is going to stop a fire.

Check this interesting video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNId0mDnBo

Back