Vetting Floureon (7s 25.9V 5000mAh)

Spent yesterday charging and balancing 3 newest LiPo packs.

I intend on retaining the XT60 connectors so did up a 150A Volt-Amp-Watt-Ah meter with male-male XT60 plugs.
Made a short female - female adapter so I can swap for metering charges or discharges.

1st RMB pack "build" will use 2 batteries.
2 XT60 connectors of differing length will reach from pack contacts to battery connectors.

Will open and plug in a couple Volt meter alarms only for use during rides, as a safety device.
Alarms are loud, even inside the RMB battery case.
After batteries determined reliable, I will just pin together balance connectors.

Four battery pack build will happen when needed ...
Have about 5 eZips in full running condition, be nice to have enough LiPo builds for all.
Still have 2 x 26Ah LiPo builds for my longer "cruising".

DrkAngel said:
Quality 7s extension cables - eBike Toolbox Bargains

Cut and splice-connect or might plug into BMS?

I went with these From Amazon for $4.27 since i only need 4. Gonna just hopefully, Use a pin and take the leads out and switch over to the JST's..

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-2-54mm-Balance-Connector-Extension/dp/B00R1LNDCS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1494212338&sr=1-1&keywords=7s+balance+connector

Dont get the color scheme,, but good price

I ordered a 2nd turnigy 5 in 1 meter like pictured above, instead of using the cheap LED hobby buzzers.

My ebike Control shuts down at 42v, And actually not 42, but if any cell drops below 3.5v..My meter was setting off the alarm all the cells were around 3.6v, and one dropped down to 3.48,,and bike shut down, I was pushing it hard up a steep hill, no peddleing. And after i sat for a minute it went back up, and took it easy the last 2 miles home on the Floureons. My hubsan 7000mah X 5 I had for backup.

I wanted to push them a bit. Full blast for 3 minutes. 35mph. I stopped, they were a little warm, but not Hot. Im using a 1200watt 48v kit. On the Hubsans at 15c i can get to 41mph.

I usually down go below 44v or 3.66v per cell, close enough to 3.7 everyone swears by. Same with my drones.

I ordered 2 more, And i ordered them seperately, not 2 on the same order, in case they screw up and send me one. That seller sells under 2 names

ebuysalon and fabebuying i ordered 1 from each one. Screw saving them on shipping sending both at once!!!!

Built a 150A meter with XT60 connectors.
(All my 100A have T Plug)

Lipo 150A.jpg

Yes, 4 Bricks 20Ah fit snugly in eZip RMB pack.

Lipo 20Ah.jpg

With plenty of room for BMS, cooling etc, 10Ah fits nicely.
True 10Ah < 5lb pack compared to 5-6Ah usable >16lb SLA oem pack.

Lipo 10Ah.jpg

And ... just found the best feature on one of my already favorite "tools".
Looking through the manual ... finally ... I found an unadvertised Low Voltage Alarm function!

Set to 3.500V then turned AL to "on".

Lipo alarm.jpg

Need to build more Ethernet cable adapters for all my bikes. (8 wires in nice bundle, readily available with large color and quality selection.)
LCD is perfect for daytime!
May add polarized filter ...
Will definitely keep ziplock bag handy for in ... weather.
Might need to shade due to sun-heat "blackage"?

We need a source for brushes for the e-zip motor in case they wear out. Anybody got one?

day 3 with the 2X 7s Floureons on the ebike. No bad cells, all real close after a 12 mile ride today.

Im a little more on topic since this is a 24v thread.

My ebike kit 1200watt 48v i bought off ebay, has a sw900 LCD controller. I found the Manual for it online. And settings. Of course it didnt come with any instructions.

I Found what setting changes it and lets you run at 24v, and the setting that lets you limit the amps being pulled. I hooked up a single floureon 7s 5000. Set the controller to 24v and the Amp pull to 12amps max.... Bike ran fine. Less Pickup of course. Shows Wattage on my LCD screen it was pulling 450 watts max.

Top speed with my 195lbs was 15.1mph, the pack was at 26.7v little over 3.81v per cell, when i decided to give 24v a try. PAS assist worked better, it wasnt trying to always accelerate faster than i want. 24V seems just right for Day to day. Tried 36v with 3 of my 3s Hubsan 7000mah @ 9s full charge. Controller Didnt like it.

I think im just going to run both of my packs in Parallel instead of series. I figure full charge will get me 18mph. Fast enough for going to work. Gonna test tomorrow the range on just one pack.

Been checking out the Ezips/izips, kinda want one now. Tell the wife its for our son!!! :D I have one of those power analyzers in the pic above. got it from amazon for $15.99 came with 8 xt60 connectors and shrink wrap to hook it up how you want. Great addition to the bike. Pulling 24amps max out of the floureons in series.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5DDK6N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And your smart 5in1 meter below. To use it as a lipo alarm since it goes to 7s!!!!... Just hold the Mode Button down till it beeps then use the type and cell buttons to go up and down to set the voltage alarm...
Then after you set the voltage hit the mode button again to turn the alarm on or off....
Then hold the mode button again to go back to normal.

Hold the Cell button down to get to Balance.Discharge.Ir test,etc.... If you dont have one. mine didnt come with instruction.

All we need is a custom wire harness for 4 Floureons ,bms,and charging port giving us 40 ah total. What an E-zip gamechanger!

Svt98Cobra said:
Been checking out the Ezips/izips, kinda want one now. Tell the wife its for our son!!! :D I have one of those power analyzers in the pic above. got it from amazon for $15.99 came with 8 xt60 connectors and shrink wrap to hook it up how you want. Great addition to the bike. Pulling 24amps max out of the floureons in series.
EZip production ended about 3 years ago.
Should still be a good crop setting in garages.
People get disenchanted as oem SLA batteries deteriorate and die.
SLA replacement batteries packs are getting rare and expensive, not worth replacing, in many peoples minds!
Keep your eyes open in local ads, garage sales etc.

I have several eZips of varying mods age mileage etc.
2008 @ 8000 miles+ (re-geared for 20mph)
2009 @ 9000 miles+ (re-geared for 20mph)
2013 @ 10,000 miles+ (re-geared for 20mph)
2008 down geared - up volted with studded tires for Winter duty @ 5000 miles + (14mph@25.9V) (20mph@33.3V) (fit 33.3V 31.2Ah in RMB pack = 1kWh+)

See - eZip - iZip Specific Threads

eZip Trailz Commuter - 2014½
EZip Trailz LS - 2013
Re-volting the eZips ... Simple Mods!
The New EZip "StepThrough"
Currie-EZip ebike Kit $289.88 - Amazon.com
eZip-iZip-Currie parts-n-such
13T Drive Sprocket - Currie, eZip, iZip
Re-gearing the eZips - Simple Mods!
EZip Trailz - On Sale!
Multi-Voltage Testbed - eZip
eZip-iZip Usable Controller Voltages
Should I lube my izip motor?
EZip - IZip 20mph Upgrade $20!
eZips - 15T drive sprocket
Currie-eZip-iZip Mods & Such - 5 Year Journey
Currie - IZip eBike Kit - Price Tracking
EZip Trailz - Continuous Price Tracking
Broken Spokes - EZip - Solutions!
14ga to 12ga Spoke Upgrade
EZip Basics ... Electric Bike or Electric Assist Bike
Currie MY1080Z 450w Motor - capabilities (EZip-IZip)
11T Mod - 20mph (25.9V)
EZip Trailz LS - 2013
eZip Turbo

DrkAngel said:
Svt98Cobra said:
EZip production ended about 3 years ago.
Should still be a good crop setting in garages.
People get disenchanted as oem SLA batteries deteriorate and die.
SLA replacement batteries packs are getting rare and expensive, not worth replacing, in many peoples minds!
Keep your eyes open in local ads, garage sales etc.

I have several eZips of varying mods age mileage etc.
2008 @ 8000 miles+ (re-geared for 20mph)
2009 @ 9000 miles+ (re-geared for 20mph)
2013 @ 10,000 miles+ (re-geared for 20mph)
2008 down geared - up volted with studded tires for Winter duty @ 5000 miles + (14mph@25.9V) (20mph@33.3V) (fit 33.3V 31.2Ah in RMB pack = 1kWh+)

See - eZip - iZip Specific Threads

eZip Trailz Commuter - 2014½
EZip Trailz LS - 2013
Re-volting the eZips ... Simple Mods!
The New EZip "StepThrough"
Currie-EZip ebike Kit $289.88 - Amazon.com
eZip-iZip-Currie parts-n-such
13T Drive Sprocket - Currie, eZip, iZip
Re-gearing the eZips - Simple Mods!
EZip Trailz - On Sale!
Multi-Voltage Testbed - eZip
eZip-iZip Usable Controller Voltages
Should I lube my izip motor?
EZip - IZip 20mph Upgrade $20!
eZips - 15T drive sprocket
Currie-eZip-iZip Mods & Such - 5 Year Journey
Currie - IZip eBike Kit - Price Tracking
EZip Trailz - Continuous Price Tracking
Broken Spokes - EZip - Solutions!
14ga to 12ga Spoke Upgrade
EZip Basics ... Electric Bike or Electric Assist Bike
Currie MY1080Z 450w Motor - capabilities (EZip-IZip)
11T Mod - 20mph (25.9V)
EZip Trailz LS - 2013
eZip Turbo

I saved all these links. There's on on ebay for sale now..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ezip-Electric-Scooter-e400-Moped-Cycle-Motorized-Bike-24V-/401150285657?hash=item5d666b9759:g:YB4AAOSwRQlXfvVH

And checking my local letitgo like instant craigslist if you havnt heard of it. Someone has one on there for $110.. im going to check it out this weekend!!
Thanks for all those links.

Day 4 of The Floureon 7s on my ebike. Only ran one today and set my controller to 24v.6s. but since the floureons 7s, it's a nice little boost. Full charge 4.2 volts yeilded me 17.5mph, and down to 14.5mph at 3.7v.... Nice and smooth at 24volts. And i got 8 miles out of one single floureon.. No peddeling. all throttle. The second floureon i rode around the neighborhood with PAS assist. more managable. Isnt trying to make you go faster and faster like 48 or 60v. Gonna just run both in Parallel. And keep a serial connector on the bike if im in a hurry!! :D

Whoa ... !

eZip bikes ... not scooters!

2009 eZip Trailz LS (Low Step sounds better than womens) 9000+ miles
file.php

2008 iZip Mountain Trailz Al (Aluminum frame) <100 miles
file.php

2013 eZip Trailz LS 10,500+ miles
file.php

2015 eZip eco ride 2 <1000? - got used, little wear on tires but left outside in rain snow etc. Cleaned, lubed replaced all cables etc. - built LiPo battery!
Neared perfection with quality components ... then discontinued ...
file.php

Us e-zippers feel abandoned by Currie. When I purchased 2 e-zips it was with the understanding that the consumer law protected for at least 15 years especially for parts availability.

Self discharge tests
5 packs

Pack #1
14 days worst cell loss .027V
All cells within .013V

Pack #2
8 days worst cell loss .03V
All cells within .006V

Pack #3a
8 days worst cell loss .03V
All cells within .011V

Pack #3b
8 days worst cell loss .026V
All cells within .010V

Pack #4
4 days worst cell loss .018V
All cells within .005V

No cell seems to be of abnormal self discharge.
Self-discharge will be reassessed on a scheduled basis or if any indication deems necessary.

Next step
Will equalize pack voltages precisely before discharge-capacity tests.
Simplifies resultant data.

Added to #1 post!

Oh Mama mia ,

Went to charge my battery and it slipped out of my hands 3 1/2 feet onto the concrete garage floor.An immediate violent hissing and billowing, spewing smoking ensued.Apparently ruptured one cell while the others appear intact. Just hissing ,smoking, and charring but no sustained fire. This was a total surprise and a genuine learning experience. How can this be prevented other than the obvious "Do Not Drop"?

chessir said:
....... How can this be prevented other than the obvious "Do Not Drop"?
Well, if you are convinced you will drop them again in the future..... Then maybe a foam rubber garage floor ?? :wink:
...or wear High grip rubber gloves
... Or assemble and install the packs inside a well padded container, ...and keep them in there at all times.

Hi Hillhater,

Thanx for responding. I had thoughts of keeping the battery inside the fireproof pouch I use when using the battery on the bike, I was just unsure if this would be enough padding for the battery.

4 x 25.9V = 103.6V (117.4V charged) to run 110-120V AC devices?
Electric mowers
Power tools
Lights - but pleeeease use led lighting

Yes, many 120V AC devices will run properly with 100V+ DC!
Caution ! Even 50VDC can be dangerous! More dangerous than 120VAC.

Got the 50% refund on the 2x Floureon (7s 25.9V 5000mAh) listing.
Ordered 2 - 2x for $119.98 (ordered 4 but received 2)
Got $59.99 refund, so 2 for $59.99 = $30 each

5 total for eZip or mower projects
Not planning on more because found another bargain!

"Hoverboard" 36V 4.4Ah with BMS for $35
With Samsung ICR18650-22p cells + 10A continuous 20A surge per cell

Nice find!! Are these Samsung 36v packs safe to use on 2008 and 2009 ezip trailz?
Also how would I use my lipo balance charging system to charge this Samsung pack?

chessir said:
Nice find!! Are these Samsung 36v packs safe to use on 2008 and 2009 ezip trailz?
Also how would I use my lipo balance charging system to charge this Samsung pack?
Some 2008-09 eZips will work with 36V ... won't hurt to try, just might not work.
(23mph but assist on acceleration from stop and on hills recommended to prevent motor overheat-burnout.)
Comes with BMS (balance function) built in, but requires 41-42V power for charging.
Minimum of 2 (2 x 4.4Ah = 8.8Ah) recommended.
24V YK31C controller supports 36V!!!

Back