The Level of language we tolerate here

Doctorbass

100 GW
Guys The E-S community have been a place where we encourage respect and a proper language and it's been there for years.. even if we have different opinion.. well in any case

Now how do you think we should tolerate or not that kind of language here on E-S ? Do you think we should tolerate these kind of comment ?

I dont mention any name.. you will find by yourself...

Some of his hall of fame:

I really don't know WTF your problem is......French Québécois Possibly?!
I highly suggest that the next time you jump in and shoot your mouth off and make yourself look like an A$$

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=86882

DUDE...WTH is your problem?!
He has a sale here and all you want to do is f###ing annoy the buyer...ME!
Now *iss off and let him answer my question and make a sale, or I will be the leaving to spend my money elsewhere and he can point his finger at you for losing a sale!
Don't you know when to back off and keep your mouth shut?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73800&p=1281877#p1281877

Other people like neptronix and Matator and Madin are getting tired of him and also warned him already but he just continue and ignore the warns...

What are your opinion?

Doc

I also think we should ban members with such disrespectfull behavior.
Were not talking about a few bad word here and there.
This is direct attacks to person's integrity and reputation. Free insults and racist comments.
The ES in no place for such people IMHO.
Please ban that disrespectful douchebag.

Well this guy's hilarious. I wouldn't mind him stirring up more needless trouble for my amusement, lol. (Granted, the chance of me reading his threads is pretty much goose egg.)

swbluto said:
Well this guy's hilarious. I wouldn't mind him stirring up more needless trouble for my amusement, lol. (Granted, the chance of me reading his threads is pretty much goose egg.)

Yeah he is amusing but I wouldn't take him serious just ignore him, block him and certainly don't sell anything to him cause you don't like him.

I prefer the wild west. Remember where your strength comes from

Savages vs robots

Here's another guy:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87012&p=1288194#p1287783

yummyblobs said:
well my friend, i've sold 80 vescs so far... i will deliver once you pay me, of course... ive also had the pleasure of meeting fellow esk8ing angelinos in the socal area too, face to face. i would love to meet you face to face as well.

You see here, you can be all tough and bull shitty behind your keyboard but you know what? your brand of asshollery can go frock thyself, seriously, go frock yourself and then take that frock stick you call your pride and frock a frocking weasel because then your children can look up to you and say hey parent of mine, im part weasel and shithead... seriously though @ecyclist, go frock yourself..

We had Erick who needs more. These sort, when they are constant do stop members, frank talk is good, treatening implying threats is downright damaging and should be stomped on. A fellow could have an occasional bone to pick where someone deserves a verbal slapping, but when it s a pattern, time out, think about hoe valuable the gruop is. Come back a new man or go. I got banned fro a forum 11 year ago and later became one of the top ten voted posters. I like to learn and give back and help, but and open season wild west scares good folk off. I often come here for infor,ation to help folks in other forums.

Sometimes the language has Nothing to do with disrespectful behaviour. There's many arrogant comments around. No need to cuss to offend another person. I am not sure bans can prevent that.
I just ignore certain people at forums.

Yea that guy is just trying to walk the ban line IMO. Even his username is an attempt at provoking someone.

Why people do not understand that kind words or even just not being a douche bag get you so much more in the end is beyond me.

I personally agree with those advocating a ban. That type of language is not called for here. It's not that I have a problem with bad words, but rather the vehement associated. I don't care if you like something and say 'frock yeah', but to tell someone to 'EFF' off, no matter, how censored, is not in line with the spirit of this forum.

It creates division and animosity in a place where we come as a respite from the rest of the crazy world. Respect required at all times; egos and cancerous attitudes should be checked at the door.

I feel language is fine long as several f bombs are not being dropped for the sake if it we are all adults here. How ever intentional personal attacks and elitism dies not belong. The issue here is the behavior​ and not the language.

To me it's also not strictly the language it's the intolerance, we are a global community and there is no place for that.

He became the third on my ignore list. It's too bad that even if he had good ideas no one will listen to them.

PRW said:
... personal attacks should not be tolerated.

Believe this is true. Have seen more posts than I like in the personal attack vein this year. They aren't good for the health of the forum.

About language itself, I try to use profanity and foul language sparingly. It normally doesn't add much value.
Believe this is true: “Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.” ― Spencer W. Kimball
The language they use tells us a lot about the poster.

Delete

I'm bald (I'm also old and weak). If someone tries to insult me by calling me bald, the "bald" comment doesn't bother me, but...if it's obvious that you are trying to insult me, that informs me about your perspective and frame of mind.

A personal attack is often the sign that the attacker realizes their argument is weak and unpersuasive. Doctor bass is a long-time poster and respected member, and specified that the batteries in question were for local pickup only. The potential buyer "attempted" to make a personal insult at Doc, and that is the basis for the one-week ban. If you run an EV forum, you want Doctor Bass to post there, and you do not want sketchy buyers like this throwing manure at the fan. He is being given an opportunity to thoughtfully review his actions.

Everyone is welcome to make a bold statement, and also present an argument as to why a certain idea is worth considering. However, if someone else attempts to refute that position, they will be moderated...IF...the counter-argument becomes a personal attack. Discuss ideas, do not make personal comments.

Fascism is when the encompassing authority only allows one opinion to be expressed (the opposite of fascism is freedom of speech). When someone disagrees with you, it is not fascism, both of you are allowed to express your reasons for presenting an opinion on the subject at hand. In an open society, a member is allowed to state that the sky is green and the grass is blue. Each reader is allowed to determine for themselves if the stated subject at hand is worth consideration.

On the other hand (OTOH), forums that are heavily moderated have a less open and vibrant discussion of any idea. An example is how there are members on ES who have very strong opinions, and they may express their opinions in a very crude and abrasive way. Some very useful data comes from people that may be hard to read without cringing.

If your technical argument has merit, trust the readers to recognize that. But...no personal attacks. Every forum has to draw a line somewhere. I occasionally defend someone I might not agree with on a certain subject, because I am trying to avoid becoming a fascist.

FORUM RULES -What are the posting guidelines at this forum?
some applicable excerpts to this thread:

General Dos and Don'ts
DO take administrator and moderator warnings seriously

DON'T abuse site members on the forums, or through email or private messages

Posting Messages Dos and Don'ts
DON'T post personal attacks based on sexual preference, religion, nationality, race, etc

DON'T post abusive, inflammatory, or threatening messages

DON'T post messages for the sole purpose of attacking a person or company or just to start an argument

DON'T use excessive profanity

Forum Etiquette Dos and Don'ts
DO think before you type; remember you are dealing with real people and you are not anonymous

DO lurk before you post. Read the rules and some existing threads.

DO respect other people's time and bandwidth, you are not the center of cyberspace

DO use the private message button or email for personal discussions

tomjasz said:
We had Erick who needs more. These sort, when they are constant do stop members, frank talk is good, treatening implying threats is downright damaging and should be stomped on. A fellow could have an occasional bone to pick where someone deserves a verbal slapping, but when it s a pattern, time out, think about hoe valuable the gruop is. Come back a new man or go. I got banned fro a forum 11 year ago and later became one of the top ten voted posters. I like to learn and give back and help, but and open season wild west scares good folk off. I often come here for infor,ation to help folks in other forums.

what is this shit about? Underhanded comments and tricksters like this is bringing our beloved ES down. Tomas is a troll and its the white elephant in this group. I don't care what industry leaders he is brown nosing to. I prefer someone to be belligerent and open to someone being a snake in the grass.

What could bring ES down, figuratively, are a few who insist on demeaning the owner and claiming there is some big flush out of valuable members. Not even the case. Both versions of ES continue to grow and continue to thrive. Innovations are still coming, and most from those in the field building and dreaming. Not from vendors.

Some negativity has been stopped and some bad actors have been banned. Your now frequent attacks on me are just that, the same useless babble you claim as destructive.

Apparently when a review, or fact, flies in the face of someone you defend it's unwelcome. So which is it? Open of closed forum? Open when it's important to you? Or closed if you don't agree? ES is moving forward with all the strength of past years. Strong leadership, fair moderation, and room for all. AND some new well rounded and fair moderators.

That mythical group of vendors controlling a forum is sheer paranoia, no proof, only innuendo..

spinningmagnets said:
I'm bald.

So is the American Eagle. My father was, I seem to have been skipped.

BAGGAB said:
I always find it ironic, when people ask a question, then grump about the answer.

Yeah, confirmation bias needs company as much as misery does. But threads rising from the dead points out that just letting it die down is no answer, people might read it years later.

I'll go ahead and add the irony of the trolls jumping in to discuss as though they're not trolls.

Back