$14.99 72v Sunwin Controller

Bikebrap said:
Mine works in sensorless mode when halls get disconected

Which one did you get? Let's talk about the most powerful ones... who is pushing really big power through these things?

I'm pushing 108v though a 96v 1500w controller.

Had to have a 108v charger created to charge these (acid) 130v charge 124v float

EHCanadian said:

Had to have a 108v charger created to charge these (acid) 130v charge 124v float

What's the output amps on max setting is it 56amp sensorless ? So its around 5.4kw on boost.
My 48-72v 1500w is 56amp on high setting so I get about 3.7kw I'm tempted to get the 96v as its cheap enough I'll run it 24s lipo or 100.8v of the charger the lvc is set for 83v or 3.45v per cell with my set up which is on the low side but within tolerance it seems 108v is a bit too heavy on the board hopefully she will hold the 100.8v in the stable and not let the smoke out.

With regards the the 3 speed switch. How does this work??

Are the lower speeds the same as using the throttle to control the speed?

Basically I don't want a 3 speed switch and would have it default to the fastest speed. So if I use less throttle would it be the same as using a lower speed setting? I hope this make sesnse.

Thanks

This is a bump to get your question answered.

I have bought 2 of these sunwins and have yet to use them. But I may have a buyer for one or two, just gotta get my ass on putting mine back together so they get to try it out and get that ebike grin happenin.

What I'm trying to understand is what the use of a 3 speed switch when you can control the speed with a throttle?

jase1979 said:
What I'm trying to understand is what the use of a 3 speed switch when you can control the speed with a throttle?

It's a speed limiter the results i had on the 48-72v 1500w were
stage one 1500w or 31amp battery load
stage 2 2250w / 47 amp
Stage 3 2800w / 58 amp

Stage 3 goes to a sensorless drive at full speed, so it revs to top speed with 2250w on halls then when thats stable after 3 or so seconds it then switches to sensorless drive and pushes the 2800w.
When quick revs are given in this mode the motor really throws some torque out and top end my scooter done 30mph stock with this controller same voltage 45mph and when I went to 16s stage three is 3.7kw I'm doing 48.8mph on a stand up brushless scooter.

I was going to push higher volts but I'm building an antispark and igbt contactor switch first or sparks will fly.

The use of a three speed switch ? What. It's because you can't control the twist of your wrist. Or you would like a friend's friend try your 3,200 watt bike. Or to help go 40miles not 31miles with a dead battery. Or speed one so you can walk your bike thru sand or to steep a hill. Can you guys help me out with some more reasons.
Because it's there !

I've got no reason for it, mines been bridged to full speed for months now, my whole ride is sketchy legality wise so I use it off road mainly.

One thing I do find when I go really slow the throttle response was better when I had it on slow from take off, soon as I jerk off I can then slow back down to a crawl and speed back up no probs, bit of a glitch going on.

Cheapest controllers at hksunwin are $40CAD shipped.
I need a controller that is 65V off the charger and a LVC of 42V. Need it half that $ $hipped.

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll add the 3 speed switch to the controller rather than to the bars.

sunwin 60v 2000w

I got one from ebay to run a qs206 50h motor with bad hall sensors.. it sensor less and it works.. the shunt has been beefed up severely. however it has a soft start that is un pluggable? other words, their is no soft start wire to connect or did connect... anyone know where on the board one could make it storm start?
the bads about the controller:

1. soft start
2. delayed throttle response once you let off then apply again( read lag)
the goods about controller
1 it stays cool with around 6000w going through it.
any clues would be greatly appreciated :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sunwin 72W 1500W

I tried contacting hksunwin from ebay once and they were so bad at english i gave up after few replays, it was leading to nowhere.
I red a few times there are folks that have no delay on this controllers.
So I contacted hksunwin again to see what cotrollers have no delay and if it can be removed from mine. This time they were a bit better at english.
Basicaly they say "explosive power" (that is how they say for no delay) is not safe and there is no way to remove 0.5 seconds delay :roll:

I'll see where this leads to, and will post here if I get any usefull info.

P.S. delay is greater with speed, when you let off and twist the throttle again it can be like 1-2 seconds of delay once you achieve full speed

Bikebrap said:
sunwin 72W 1500W

I tried contacting hksunwin from ebay once and they were so bad at english i gave up after few replays, it was leading to nowhere.
I red a few times there are folks that have no delay on this controllers.
So I contacted hksunwin again to see what cotrollers have no delay and if it can be removed from mine. This time they were a bit better at english.
Basicaly they say "explosive power" (that is how they say for no delay) is not safe and there is no way to remove 0.5 seconds delay :roll:

I'll see where this leads to, and will post here if I get any usefull info.

P.S. delay is greater with speed, when you let off and twist the throttle again it can be like 1-2 seconds of delay once you achieve full speed

Mine seems different if I set max speed it acts like medium until I reach a certain rpm the controller pauses like it's checking voltage drop etc with some sort of comparing going on then if all is well then it goes into max speed mode which I believe is sensorless just using phases feedback, when I'm in turbo mode then if I back off the throttle and apply again while still at speed it stays in turbo mode and my front wheels rises.

It's night and day the looks I get in turbo mode when I knocking on the door of 50mph on a stand up scooter, easily keeps up with my local traffic even over take them.

The motor been driven proberly has something to do with it the inductivity etc.

markz said:
Well I guess I should actually use one of my 2 sunwin controllers for my MXUS 3000W.

i'm curious about your results.

i could not get the mxus 3k working with the 72v 1500w controller in sensored mode.
tried multiple self detection runs. it runs fine but i have to pedal the first meter(s), otherwise it does a wheelie,
no matter how sensitive the throttle is touched.
all motor hall sensors and throttle work fine, measured at the halls plug with the contoller connected and power on, turning the wheel by hand.

maybe just a wire has come off inside the controller, did not open it till now.

I am having too much e-grinning fun to have played around with them Sunwins yet, had a few bite$ on my current ebike so I may lower the price and change the ad around a bit. I hope I sell it because I want to buy the MAC motor from EM3EV, or BBSHD, or MXUS 5000W. Im not liking direct drive for cruising around with effort put in so I actually get some physical excersize, but I like the idea of a MXUS 5000W in a 17"moped rim (20" bicycle) with a moto tire in my 165mm rear drop out Strong GTS frame, but thats a setup of little human effort. So my ideal bikes would be MXUS 5000W with Adaptto Max-E on 72V 20Ah 150A, MAC motor on a light bike with PAS, and a RC motor mid-drive where I can take the motor/cont/battery with me with no worries of theft.

Ianhill said:
EHCanadian said:

What's the output amps on max setting is it 56amp sensorless ? So its around 5.4kw on boost.
My 48-72v 1500w is 56amp on high setting so I get about 3.7kw I'm tempted to get the 96v as its cheap enough I'll run it 24s lipo or 100.8v of the charger the lvc is set for 83v or 3.45v per cell with my set up which is on the low side but within tolerance it seems 108v is a bit too heavy on the board hopefully she will hold the 100.8v in the stable and not let the smoke out.

Sorry for the delay. I have yet to trip my 50a breaker.

Thou I did have 4 controllers 1000w and 1500w fail on emmo bikes. 96v controllers. tried both at 96v stock acid and 108v both had died (resistance in the hub motor) while controller was attached to phase. As soon as I disconnected the phase from the controller the wheel moved free. Poped in 84v 1500 variants.. No issues.

Sent 4 back to sunwin. $98 CAD to ship 4 of em to investigate why the phase acts like it shorted out. (70-90 days estimated)

Thou mine @ 96v 1500w is still going strong... So no idea what is up. Phase gauge on Emmo Shadow vs Bodo Hurricane are the same.

https://youtu.be/1pYKYNcfrGs

I tried hooking the 60V Sunwin controller to my Conhismotor motor and nothing really happened besides when I connect the LOCK wire (red) to battery positive it "bumps" forward about 4 times. I had the throttle wires disconnected so I was playing around with that, phase and not the halls as they were taped. I got my the conhismotor kit all back so I can ride tonight. I do about 25km+ a day so I feel trapped when both my bikes are down. My MXUS is still laying around, so I need to get working on all the projects.

Melted the hall on my motor so I swapped it out for a beefier version and soldered up the 3 shunts a little on one corner of all of them and got it nice and hoy so the solder flowed well and not just a lump stuck to it, turns out I'm getting just under 75 amps or 4.4kw on meduim at 16's, I was in no position to look down in turbo mode the sucker is shifting a good en I'll report back when I've ironed a few bugs out with my back wheel tensioner.

markz said:
There was another Sunwin auction was thinking about buying a 48V since I have a 60V and 84V.

I imagine the 48v has lower Rds fets that proberly won't go much past 60v but will be more efficent.
I'm suprized how well they perform for the value.

Just want it for the stock LVC on the 48V, havent modified either of mine......... yet :twisted:

I don't mind the trapezoidal waveform using direct drive, I actually prefer it because it gives a slight wind vs the ultra silent sinusodial waveform.

But maybe there is a very slight efficiency increase with sinewaves, maybe not.

So all there is to Sunwins controllers is the "Lock" which should really state "Ignition" right?

Back