Exclusive Black 72V 3000W FC-1 Stealth Bomber Qulbix Clone

Thanks for your quick reply. And all of your information you have given me. I am going to make a best offer on ebay for the Black 72V 3000W FC-1 Bomber Electric Bicycle Super Mountain Ebike 3500mAh Battery. I will replace components as they break or wear out. A local bike shop offers a tune up/flat tire program for two years at a time which I will try to sign up for so they can keep it serviced and upgrade as needed.

Never buy these from eBay, always check Alibaba and talk to the manufacture first. This bike is 95% the same as the bike i am building now . You can buy that same bike minus the color for around 1400 usd before shipping , the battery is about 400 more. If you buy from the builder you can buy the full bike or buy the parts you need, for example i got the frame and burner rpc shock for around $360 shipped .

Wind82 said:
Never buy these from eBay, always check Alibaba and talk to the manufacture first. This bike is 95% the same as the bike i am building now . You can buy that same bike minus the color for around 1400 usd before shipping , the battery is about 400 more. If you buy from the builder you can buy the full bike or buy the parts you need, for example i got the frame and burner rpc shock for around $360 shipped .

Where can you find that frame for that price? I can only find it on aliexpress (with shock) for $638 + shipping. *Exclusive Customized FC-1 Electric Bicycle Frame /White Or Black Color Frame For 48V 1500W Mountain Ebike *
http://s.aliexpress.com/eqqUNz6N
Alibaba has about the same price as well.

Could it be that this isn't actually a knock off, but instead a genuine but rebranded Raptor frame coming directly from the factory where they are made in China?

I have a Raptor 140 and the design on this looks identical right down to the clamping rear dropouts and holes for the cables. If it is a copy it's extremely good quality.

spektrolyte said:
Could it be that this isn't actually a knock off, but instead a genuine but rebranded Raptor frame coming directly from the factory where they are made in China?
Highly unlikely - Qulbix is based in Slovenia and unless it's changed very recently since I was dealing with them they are all manufactured there.
China is famous for ripping off other peoples designs. Sometimes it can be a fairly crude copy if it's from imprecise drawings or pictures but if they to buy just a single frame then they can copy it down to the smallest detail and stamp out thousands for a fraction of the cost. I'd be interesting to compare the weight, generally they use much cheaper metal so they come out heavier. Or fold in half when you hit something. One of the clones knocking around is 22kg just for the frame which is laughable.

For those just after an electric motorbike disguised as a bicycle they might be fine but if you're properly into mountain bike riding you've likely to quickly discern the difference in weight, geometry and handling (not that a raptor 140 is a poster child of light weight and nimble handling)

Heavy-Dtuy.jpg

I prefer to have my ebikes look like a bicycle, but these kind of ebikes still interest me.

As for China and their copies, I laugh everytime I see Teslanv's picture on alibaba/aliexpress/ebay its the picture of the ebike leaning against a concrete flood drain with his Walmart bike and the aftermarket rear A-arm.

I can top that, I've had china suppliers trying to flog me frames etc and sending me pictures of my OWN bikes. And they were ones that I'd built and quite uniquely customized so there was no doubt they were mine. And then there's the old gag of sending pictures of 3 different bikes, probably none of which are actually what they're selling

Wind82 said:

I tried to convey early on that I was rolling the dice on this turn-key option as I simply don't have the time to piece something together. I know I could build something similar for cheaper. Building frame up, it's actually better to get the legit Qulbix 76 frame cost and support wise. Actual suspension that works, a hub motor per the specific needs of the rider, and a cycle analyst over a generic Chinese LCD are all great reasons to build from the ground up. For me, it was either this or some sort of HPC or Stealth from a local vendor. I just wanted something I could hop on and ride. :wink:

Anyhow, I haven't been able to ride as much as I wanted. Due to my work situation, I'm only able to commute with it 3 days a week max. I charge it every other week with 35 miles on the trip. The bike can go significantly further, but you can tell it's not as spunky as it is hot off the charger. I was going to wait on updating this thread until I did a one way ride from Los Angeles to Orange County, but I have no idea when that's ever going to happen. I do have about 175 miles on my odometer though, so I do have a good idea how this bike performs overall.

19396777_10212280261508913_3671808080297139122_n.jpg
As a turn-key option, I couldn't be happier. As I stated before, there are little things that irk me, but that's normal for someone who builds their bikes up from the frame up. The LCD display is a bit complicated to use, but the vendor did send me a manual for a comparable display which helped out a lot. There is a cruise control setting that I haven't figured out how to turn off yet. I've gotten used to it, and it's actually quite handy on those long straightaways.

I did get a flat a couple of weeks ago in the rear tire. It was a slow leak that would leave the tire flat in a couple of hours. For the life of me, I could not find any punctures. I didn't think flipping the bike onto the handlebars was the best option, and it was just way too heavy to put on my stand. I was loosening the allen bolts that pinch down on the axle then just thought... why not just put in some tubeless sealant. I had used it in the past to fix many tubed slow leaks, so I just injected the recommended amount for a high volume tire, and it's been holding good pressure since. I'll revisit this dilemma once my rear rear tire is bald. :lol:

I'm curious what methods people with these monster e-bikes use for tire swaps or fix flats. That's definitely something I miss about all the mid-drives I've had. They were all light enough to flip, and having a rear QR axle was so convenient. Since I ride primarily for commuting my rear tire nubs are getting eating down pretty quick, so I'll have to deal with this sooner than later. :?

SK, thanks for the interesting information. My Performance stand groans with the weight of a 50 pound bike, but I think a good Park stand could accommodate yours. If you ever get to Fullerton, Sam at Electric Bicycle Center has a nice stand that can be elevated pneumatically.

2old said:
SK, thanks for the interesting information. My Performance stand groans with the weight of a 50 pound bike, but I think a good Park stand could accommodate yours. If you ever get to Fullerton, Sam at Electric Bicycle Center has a nice stand that can be elevated pneumatically.

I haven't thought about that. I recall he recently renovated his shop which is just a short ride from my home. I'll probably just do that when the time comes. :D

Sky...I got tired of flats on my electric fatbike. I tries the slime, homemade recipes , brand name tire liners ,etc....

My last idea seems to be the best. I purchased NYLON cargo straps off ebay { they were yellow} that were 4" wide x 25 ft long. I cut them to the proper length to fit inside the tire then used silicon to attach them to the tire . They are very puncture proof and so far nothing has penetrated them to puncture the tube.

What is top speed on your ebike on flat land ? How is the torque ? Will it pop a wheelie from a stop , or does it have a good " JOLT" , if you give it full throttle from a slow speed ?

rumme said:
Sky...I got tired of flats on my electric fatbike. I tries the slime, homemade recipes , brand name tire liners ,etc....

My last idea seems to be the best. I purchased NYLON cargo straps off ebay { they were yellow} that were 4" wide x 25 ft long. I cut them to the proper length to fit inside the tire then used silicon to attach them to the tire . They are very puncture proof and so far nothing has penetrated them to puncture the tube.

What is top speed on your ebike on flat land ? How is the torque ? Will it pop a wheelie from a stop , or does it have a good " JOLT" , if you give it full throttle from a slow speed ?

Thanks for the suggestion on your DIY tire liner. I haven't personally done a wheelie from a stop, but I've seen my friends do it on accident when trying out my bike the first time. :lol: You try to explain how torquey EVs can be, but they still want to throttle it the same way a new manual driver wants to let off the clutch too fast.

Hot off the charger, it'll do 37 mph on the flats with the current knobby tires. It's got a lot of torque, yet it doesn't like steep hills. Like most direct drives, if you're already moving, at a good speed the momentum can carry you up most things.

You mentioned this ebike has no disconnect wire between the rear hub motor and the controller ? How do you deal with a flat on the road ?

rumme said:
You mentioned this ebike has no disconnect wire between the rear hub motor and the controller ? How do you deal with a flat on the road ?

You could still flip the bike in a dire emergency, but that's assuming you've got all the tools. Let's say you do have all the tools and spare tube, the wire coming from the hub is attached to the swing arm by two "c" shaped clips. You could unhook the wire which would give you a lot slack to work with. Before assembling the bike, you could probably move the harness to the outside of the frame housing if you REALLY wanted to be able to completely separate the rear wheel from the bike. It would still be an arduous task changing a flat on the road even if you weren't tethered by the wire.

I've never had a flat on the road. If I did, I'd be pushing the bike to a spot where one of my buddies can come pick me up. :lol:

The reality of the matter is that this bike is more moped/scooter/motorcycle than bicycle. Road repairs are going to be similar.

19657139_10212453134670634_4932151730564732982_n.jpg

Oh man... so I got a pinch flat yesterday and decided to fix it myself. My bike stand arm was bending under the weight, but it took it like a champ. Getting the wheel out and swapping out the tube wasn't that hard despite not being able to disconnect the harness. I had plenty of slack after clipping two zip ties and pulling the wire out of the guides. The headache began when trying to get that heavy wheel back on. :x OMG... I ended up having to take off the brake caliper & mount just to give myself the wiggle room. Also, I had to use my DH tire pry-bar to spread the legs of the swing arm to get the axles back in.

I think it won't be nearly as bad next time around though. I know right off the bat to take off the brake mount. Next time I'll also take off the chain. That should make life easier getting that massive wheel back on.

What stands are you folks using for your big moto-style e-bikes?

I've always had difficulty with rear wheels unless the bike was inverted (even with non-motorized bikes). Fortunately have never had a rear flat after I built my bike (thank you Marathon Plus), but don't have a behemoth like yours.

Im breaking spokes on my crack whore slut of a conhismotor
Is that too harsh?

Nothing to do with this thread. I was just triggered.

2old said:
I've always had difficulty with rear wheels unless the bike was inverted (even with non-motorized bikes). Fortunately have never had a rear flat after I built my bike (thank you Marathon Plus), [strike]but don't have a behemoth like yours.[[/strike]/quote]

By the way SK, just to clarify, I didn't mean behemoth in a pejorative manner; just to say that your bike is bigger than any of my 40-50 pound vehicles.

Hello Skyungjae, just curious how everything is holding up on the bike? Have you tested the top speed and mileage?

Sgduke1969 said:
Hello Skyungjae, just curious how everything is holding up on the bike? Have you tested the top speed and mileage?

The bike will do 37 mph hot off the charger with me weighing 230ish. I usually charge it around every 35 miles. I know I can easily double, maybe triple, the distance if I'm not riding it like a bat out of hell.

61kzAVDjfdL.jpg

@skyungjae

Thanks a lot for this informative thread which seems to be the only review around for this ebike.
How is your bike holding up?

I am looking for a reasonably priced ebike mainly for commuting, and found this:

RisunMotor Exclusive Customized Front and Rear Suspension FC-1 Electric Bicycle Mountain eBike 48V 1500W Power
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Exclusive-Customized-FC-1-Stealth-Bomber-Electric-Bicycle-Frame-eBike-Mountain-Frame-48V-1500W-Motor/32762646008.html

It's the same bike with a more humble motor and battery.

I am wondering about few things:

- What is your charging time?

- I live in Norway and in a month from now it's going to be challenging and risky without studded winter tires. Couldn't find any studded 24x3.0 tires. Thinking therefore of using Grip Studs instead (http://www.gripstuds.com/Bicycle.php). But minimum tread depth has to be 5 mm for the stud not to penetrate the tire and damage the tube of course.
So do you think the knobs on your 24x3.0 Duro Wildlife (when new) cover this depth? They look like it in pics!

- Did you figure out how to use the remote and alarm?

- Did you think of snipping the motor cable and installing a waterproof cable connector, would certainly make life easier when repairing flats or changing tires.

- That hideous headlight is a big NO, shouldn't be a biggy replacing it with something a tad cooler, right?

- Any suggestion for mudguards?

I haven't ordered yet, asked the seller few questions, want to upgrade battery cells to Panasonic for example, might place an order soon though. This thread and your experience is rather reassuring.

Thanks again!

nerdo said:
@skyungjae

Thanks a lot for this informative thread which seems to be the only review around for this ebike.
How is your bike holding up?

I am looking for a reasonably priced ebike mainly for commuting, and found this:

RisunMotor Exclusive Customized Front and Rear Suspension FC-1 Electric Bicycle Mountain eBike 48V 1500W Power
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Exclusive-Customized-FC-1-Stealth-Bomber-Electric-Bicycle-Frame-eBike-Mountain-Frame-48V-1500W-Motor/32762646008.html

It's the same bike with a more humble motor and battery.

I am wondering about few things:

- What is your charging time?

- I live in Norway and in a month from now it's going to be challenging and risky without studded winter tires. Couldn't find any studded 24x3.0 tires. Thinking therefore of using Grip Studs instead (http://www.gripstuds.com/Bicycle.php). But minimum tread depth has to be 5 mm for the stud not to penetrate the tire and damage the tube of course.
So do you think the knobs on your 24x3.0 Duro Wildlife (when new) cover this depth? They look like it in pics!

- Did you figure out how to use the remote and alarm?

- Did you think of snipping the motor cable and installing a waterproof cable connector, would certainly make life easier when repairing flats or changing tires.

- That hideous headlight is a big NO, shouldn't be a biggy replacing it with something a tad cooler, right?

- Any suggestion for mudguards?

I haven't ordered yet, asked the seller few questions, want to upgrade battery cells to Panasonic for example, might place an order soon though. This thread and your experience is rather reassuring.

Thanks again!

Are there any local builders available? It seems like that's the best way to go these days in terms of wanting a turn-key e-bike that has decent performance:cost ratio.

The bike you linked is actually the 1500W version, so it's significantly cheaper. The charge time from an almost depleted battery is around 8-10 hours on their provided charger. Off the top of my head, I don't remember how many amps it pushes out.

The remote and the alarm work great. It actually locks up the rear wheel when the someone tries to move the bike. I think moving the cable connector to an easier accessible area outside of the frame would make this feature pointless as it could be easily disconnected to bypass the immobilization feature on the alarm. I still have a pretty big lock on the thing regardless. It wouldn't be that difficult for someone to pick up and toss in the back of a truck or van. :lol:

I have no issues with the headlight. I wanted something I wouldn't tinker with much, so this worked out well.

I haven't thought about mudguards.

Personally, I really enjoy riding this bike. It's a great start and finish to my work day. In hindsight, I should have really look at some local options/builders first. Being in Southern California, there were so many other options I could've taken. I think, due to the cost factor, I probably still would've gone the China route; however, I know if I run into any issues I can most likely fix it myself.

Good to know you are still enjoying your bike :D

Unfortunately we don't have local builders. I did place an order with upgraded Panasonic battery cells (instead of some chinese cells) for an extra U$D 200.

This will be my first ebike, will see how it goes and if I really get into it I might build my own but over long time, focus on lighter weight.

I am abit concerned about security, think the alarm helps a lot if it works as it should, will use 2 locks when out, maybe a GPS tracker!

Cheers!

How much was the shipping price and how much did you pay customs?

Now that you've got some miles on it. Is there anything that you would have replaced out of box?

I bought mine without a controller and LCD I thought I would go for a powervelocity controller 18get with the cellphone option. I hope it works out its on a boat now. I just don't wanna get screwed by the customs broker.

Thanks for the thead.

Back