E-GO by Yuneec Internationl

Hey everyone,

Im quite new on this forum, I've been eagerly reading through this post as I am an owner of a Yunned E-go as well. It was great to ride at first as well, but it's speed and even range is a little underwhelming to me now.

I have considered all possible ways of upgrading the E-go, and my best best would be to run a 10s LiPo setup with my board. In case 10s fries my ESC I will buy a VESC anyways.
I still cannot decide wether to put 2x5s 8000mah (https://hobbyking.com/de_de/zippy-flightmax-8000mah-5s1p-30c.html) in series or get two 10s LiPos with 4000mah (like these https://hobbyking.com/de_de/zippy-compact-4000mah-10s-25c-lipo-pack.html)

As 10s chargers would cost me alot more money, I would stick with the 5s ones at first.
My main question here would be whether just to use these Zippy compact series Lipos, as they seem to be cheaper and well, smaller.
While the large ones have a discharge rate of 30C, the smaller compact series LiPos only have a constant output rate of 25C or sometimes even 20C. I was wondering how much the C rating matters in this case and whether 25C would make a big difference in terms of speed when compared to 30C. I dont know how many Amps the motor draws with people that have been using 10s, but perhaps the lower 25C ones could still supply the board with enough power like the 30C ones.

With everyone here using the normal type LiPo sizes, I'd like to give Zippys compact bats a try as well, Im just not sure whether they will be enough for a 10s setup

Anyways, this thread may not be very active anymore, but it would still be appreiated if anyone could help me on this topic!

assuming they exaggerate by half lets call it 12c rating. 12 times 8ah...about a 100 amps possible continuously. Enough for sure and you'll maybe do 50 amps peak, assuming with the vesc, but with the e-go esc it probably is set to suck a lot less amps. If you search i think you'll find someone who tried higher voltage. 12s sounds way high and will likely snap. when it does snap make sure to change the erpm limit on the vesc to something lower with 12s as the motor's kv is surely too high for 12s

Hummina Shadeeba said:
assuming they exaggerate by half lets call it 12c rating. 12 times 8ah...about a 100 amps possible continuously. Enough for sure and you'll maybe do 50 amps peak, assuming with the vesc, but with the e-go esc it probably is set to suck a lot less amps. If you search i think you'll find someone who tried higher voltage. 12s sounds way high and will likely snap. when it does snap make sure to change the erpm limit on the vesc to something lower with 12s as the motor's kv is surely too high for 12s

I understand, thanks. I was planning on using two 5s LiPos, so I would have 10s, not 12s. By the way, have people tried hooking up a higher kv Motor with the E-Go?

ah yes you say 10s like 3 times.

i think someone in this monster thread has changed the motor and the battery

it might only be 6 or 7s or 8s originally and even 10s will snap. id read back and find it.

Hey guys, ok so I'm upgrading the battery on my ego2 to at least 9S2P maybe 3P (LG MF1 2200mah/10A). Unfortunately only got one quite fast ride down the block with it, about 2 seconds applying full break and ecu died. Opened it up and one of the IC between the 2 big caps blew up. New ecu is on the way. I am using a BMS with the battery, is there some current blocking required with a nonstock BMS or something else that can be done to the ecu to disable regen, which I think is the issue. For those still interested in modding the battery on the ego2 you can get an empty battery casing with switch and power port from yuneec for $30, I got 2 so I can have pretty much swappable batteries and everything looks stock
IMG_20170616_165316_01-2320x776.jpg

Ok so identified the IC, it's the TI TPS5450, got replacements and replaced it, works great with stock battery, with the 9S as soon as I hit breaks it blows up again and works after another replacement with stock battery. Anybody have any suggestions?
View attachment 2 IMG_20170622_151700_01-2213x973.jpg
IMG_20170622_164748-1624x1218.jpg

adriendod said:
Hey, I had the exact same problem. I tried unplugging the 2nd battery plug (little red one) and i havent had the 3 yellow lights since! You should try it out!

can you charge the batteries as normal?
or do you have to plug the red wire back in before charging?
the 3 yellow lights= battery overload....im kinda scared of burning down my house.

Hi guys.
I read the whole thread and decided to modify my ego 1 as well. I didn't like to add some LiPo packs so i decided to mod the original battery.
The original one is a 7S3P with 29V and 7,8Ah. So there are 21pcs NCR18650PF Li-ion cells in it. I decided to modify it to a 9S4P Battery. I ordered 15pcs more NCR18650PF and a 10S 36V 30AMP Balancer Board (you can find the wiring as an attached picture). After the soldering work everything works like a charm (charging, vesc connection, and motor controls)! Obviously the Battery case is not high enough to cover the two row battery pack. I will build a frame tomorrow to extend the case. After that i´m going to assemble the whole board and i will post some more fotos and feedback about the acceleration and stuff.
Here are some links for the parts i used:

NCR18650PF cells https://www.ebay.de/itm/10x-Panason...148098&hash=item2cc66c724f:g:IgkAAOSwacdZbIB4

Balancer Board https://www.ebay.de/itm/BMS-PCB-Bal...685705?hash=item4b273a6589:g:3P4AAOSwugtZyM5f

IMG_3438.JPGIMG_3439.JPGIMG_3441.JPGIMG_3442.JPGs-l1600.png

So here is the final result. I cutted some slots into the frame to make it more flexible and covered it with a bike tube to make sure its waterproof. I also used some silicon ;)
Then I modded the deck itself to make as small as possible.
Hope you guys like it!

IMG_3449.JPGIMG_3448.JPGIMG_3447.JPGIMG_3445.JPGIMG_3444.JPG

After some test drives, everything is just perfect! Speed is about 25 km/h (15 mp/h) and the battery, eco and motor stay cool as normal!
I also did some full breaks from top speed to zero and there were no problems!
Now for me its nearly the best e-board. The board itself with the battery mod is really affordable. Around 400€ (250€ for a used board and 150€ for the battery cells and balancer board). It could be a bit lighter but I can handle it in compare to a 2000$ boosted board :wink: .
I also put a nice grip tape on it and now its completely finished!

IMG_3458.jpgIMG_3459.jpg

tyrian869 said:
Peanuts said:
Hey guys,
does anyone tried modify the Firmware, using the USB-Connection yet?

I thought about that too, I'm interested in possibly reloading the firmware thinking that in doing that it might fix the 3 beeps and 3 vibrates error that I am still having...I want to play with this thing so bad! I still need to contact support what was the phone# I'm in the USA, I don't think it is a motor issue, although one other person said that he put a new motor from a new board on a board that he thinks had 4 flashes and beeps his board would ride for 5 seconds and then stop completely with remote showing an error and vibrating, changing the motor fixed his issue. Seems I have 3 flashes and 3 beeps thinking my motor/hall sensors are okay what else could it be?

tyrian869
Did you ever figure out your issue? I have a weird issue hopefully someone can help. I dont have a real remote I just have the app. With the board upside down I can go full throttle and have no issues motor sounds good and all. As soon as i bring it outside and stand on it i get a hardware error. I am not crazy good like some of you but do noone how to check certain things. I checked all my mosfets on the esc and didnt see any shorts in continuity between source and drain etc. I also checked my hall sensors and like you I get 1.2v on and off on each of the 3 phases. What else could it be please help.

Thank you

plojm@yahoo.com said:
tyrian869 said:
Peanuts said:
Hey guys,
does anyone tried modify the Firmware, using the USB-Connection yet?

I thought about that too, I'm interested in possibly reloading the firmware thinking that in doing that it might fix the 3 beeps and 3 vibrates error that I am still having...I want to play with this thing so bad! I still need to contact support what was the phone# I'm in the USA, I don't think it is a motor issue, although one other person said that he put a new motor from a new board on a board that he thinks had 4 flashes and beeps his board would ride for 5 seconds and then stop completely with remote showing an error and vibrating, changing the motor fixed his issue. Seems I have 3 flashes and 3 beeps thinking my motor/hall sensors are okay what else could it be?

tyrian869
Did you ever figure out your issue? I have a weird issue hopefully someone can help. I dont have a real remote I just have the app. With the board upside down I can go full throttle and have no issues motor sounds good and all. As soon as i bring it outside and stand on it i get a hardware error. I am not crazy good like some of you but do noone how to check certain things. I checked all my mosfets on the esc and didnt see any shorts in continuity between source and drain etc. I also checked my hall sensors and like you I get 1.2v on and off on each of the 3 phases. What else could it be please help.

Thank you

Thanks
tyrian869 for letting me know u had to replace I am also gonna try to replace my motor with a 6374 let's see if it works. I'll post if it does

Sushiminator said:
Hi guys.
I read the whole thread and decided to modify my ego 1 as well. I didn't like to add some LiPo packs so i decided to mod the original battery.
The original one is a 7S3P with 29V and 7,8Ah. So there are 21pcs NCR18650PF Li-ion cells in it. I decided to modify it to a 9S4P Battery. I ordered 15pcs more NCR18650PF and a 10S 36V 30AMP Balancer Board (you can find the wiring as an attached picture). After the soldering work everything works like a charm (charging, vesc connection, and motor controls)! Obviously the Battery case is not high enough to cover the two row battery pack. I will build a frame tomorrow to extend the case. After that i´m going to assemble the whole board and i will post some more fotos and feedback about the acceleration and stuff.
Here are some links for the parts i used:

NCR18650PF cells https://www.ebay.de/itm/10x-Panason...148098&hash=item2cc66c724f:g:IgkAAOSwacdZbIB4

Balancer Board https://www.ebay.de/itm/BMS-PCB-Bal...685705?hash=item4b273a6589:g:3P4AAOSwugtZyM5f

IMG_3438.JPGIMG_3439.JPGIMG_3441.JPGIMG_3442.JPGs-l1600.png

This sounds pretty cool, thanks for all the info and images!
How does the board handle in the long run?
No problems with the additional power?

Back