BC168 vs UNA9 ?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
Is one better than the other or should i flip a coin?
Looking to balance my 10 cell pack.
Not sure if these are the only choices but Ive seen them a lot.
My budget is under 100 dollars shipped
Thanks

I I have a UNA9 plus + you can also buy it with a battery nanny which will help charge multiples of battery cells. I do not have a battery nanny I bought the una9 and after I push the button I noticed they had a battery nanny for $20 more. I have A123 batteries that are high quality and may never need balancing so only tried 2 times as waste of time for my always balance A123 pack with 4.5 years and 1,054 plus cycles . A good battery is always good a battery that needs balance is Bad or needs much help a battery that always needs help or needs balance is junk. Batteries do not need balance. Junk batteries always need balancing and care. Junk as need a barbecue to br safe. Junk is junk. Be careful as it stores energy. Energy is fire.

Plus the una9 is set as a 6pin a and a 3pin for a 9 cell. Look look before you buy. I have owned it for 3 months or if used it four times my batteries are always balanced without a balance charger. But I check before bounds after bounce before I ride I checked I checked I don't have a BMS so I check I check and I check so you must ....check check and check or buy a BMS . And hope it works. Did I say you must chat check and recheck.EZ check.

I have had the BC168 and used it for many years but it did die after about 3-4 years.
I changed over to the CB86 which seems to just be a copy, been using this for close to 2 years now I would say.
As far as I know the BC168 isn't really made any more.

I have got the UNA9 but I haven't started using it but I really like the look and feel of it, looks really solid.

I think unless you have spotted a great deal (for example I grabbed the CB86 for $50 new on ebay) I would otherwise just get the UNA9 everytime.
If for any reason because you can split a large 18S battery pack in half and charge a battery pack that large in 1 go.. With S6 chargers its only 12S with one split or you could build a battery pack that you split into 3 sections for every charge but that really is just a bit too much stuffing around and 1 single plug/unplug-forget mistake and your battery pack/charger is going into meltdown.

Yep, BC168 is the shit. I have balanced a 100 Ah battery with one. Took for ever, but nothing else came close.

Back