Sabvoton SVMC072150 controller review, variable regen *PICS*

circuit said:
Same issue with "wrongly delivered" units here... 10pcs...

I posted a thread warning everyone about the issues. Typical Chinese bullshit.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71757&hilit=+sabvoton

I have a modded 72150 sabvoton that has been unlocked to do 200A. I was wondering if there is a way to do slide regen and brake/button regan. that way I would have two levels of regen. One to slowly stop me and another the stop me much faster.

P.S. aliexpress has my modded controller for $275. Totally worth it.

devmanner said:
I have a modded 72150 sabvoton that has been unlocked to do 200A. I was wondering if there is a way to do slide regen and brake/button regan. that way I would have two levels of regen. One to slowly stop me and another the stop me much faster.

Could you share the link?

devmanner said:

How did you unlock them? I think I have 5 of the 96100 models and two 72150 models, it would be nice to up their current. The 96100s I have and one of my 72150s have a variable regen feature which may be hooked up to a 2nd throttle or any other 0-5V input.

zombiess said:
devmanner said:

How did you unlock them? I think I have 5 of the 96100 models and two 72150 models, it would be nice to up their current. The 96100s I have and one of my 72150s have a variable regen feature which may be hooked up to a 2nd throttle or any other 0-5V input.

I've asked Sabvoton how to unlock and they told me that they don't provide steps how to do so.

I would like to look of the option of hacking the sabvoton for more current/power if possible! I'm very curious how it can be done.

anyone willing to possibly donate one for experimentation/hacking possibilities?

-Steveo

I have one SVMC072080 that's been burned by an unexpected short on power wiring. I replaced the burned mosfets but still won't work. If you want to revive it, I will happily send it to you at cost of P&P from Slovakia.

Steveo, that's an opportunity.

Even though i don't have the controller yet but it would be nice to know that there is an option to run it to 600a phase some day.

Just ordered a sabvoton 72150 , could anyone provide a wiring diagram for connecting up the slide Regen? Sounds like a really nice feature! But I want to make sure I wire it up right . Any help would be much appreciated 8)

I actually mean ' variable ' regen with two throttles, not slide regen , where do the wires from the second throttle go?
Also is there anything I should know about the settings on the software, any problems glitch etc

Is there any danger of destroying the controller if I put the wires in the wrong place ?

Thanks in advance

Hi nickjs,
I'm not the same page regarding regen with second throttle. I might know how to do it but just theoretically. Never did so yet. I've no diagram but I can write in words if it helps.

There is such wire marked with 'Brake'. I think this is signal wire. I'm might be wrong but as far as my electrical understanding goes:

Basically throttle has three wires:
-red, 5volts - this is power wire to feed throttle, - power source wire,
-black, 0volts, this is ground wire,
-white or yellow or green, is signal wire. This is the wire which "tells" controller how fast to spin motor or initiate regen in your case.

So you need to feed second throttle, therefore feed 5volts to red wire; connect black wire to ground; connect white/yellow/green wire to 'brake' - regen braking connection.

Set regen on the controller side through sabvoton app;

oh, and as you wander about braking controloler.. I doubt that you might do something wrong to your controller. Basically you connect three wires. You already have one throttle connected already, - gas. You can see on it also, red, black and green/white/yellow wires. So basically you got 5V from red wire and you can ground you second throttle to the same ground wire as you normal throttle and you are left with one unused wire for signal which goes to 'brake' connection/wire which comes from controller.

If I wake up my inner strength I might try connect regen braking to my bike, today, but maybe you will do it quicker than me, let me know how it went.

and at the end if you prefer diagrams than here you go. I found it in google search by words 'sabvoton regen'. Maybe it makes sense to you as it doesn't - to me.

Attachments

• regen.jpg
    regen.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 4,840
Thanks minde, appreciate your help that all makes sense to me . (The diagram doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me though) . My controller is on its way from USA ( LAebikes) so I haven't got my hands on it yet just wanted to be ready to wire it straight up when it comes !

If you get it working let me know how it goes , and thanks again ! :D

Im might be that controller (which is in my possession till Sunday) is only with regular regen. You press the button and regen initiates at constant strength. Therefore it is not variable / controllable regen which can be controlled via second throttle. There are Sabvotons with regular regen and variable regen. But maybe only older versions have regular regen. I might clarify it only on Sunday or day after as that's the day I plan to do some changes on controller due having no ability at the current moment to run Sabvoton app on my windows 10 PC.

btw
Sabvoton is amazing controller for money but there is no app update and wont be. But the power it is capable to give is worth to install old XP or maybe Win7 32bits. Yesterday I had chance to run it on 273 QS, 11kv, 28mm magnets with settings 72V 150A / 350A and it's rocket. It was blast from 0 to 60km/h and needs little bit more time reach rest speed.
If my current Sevcon will disappoint me which very probably might do so due their proprietary IXXAT USB-CAN adapter which costs 300euro, I'll go for Sabvoton my self.

Awesome can't wait to get it going :twisted:

As I understand it from that diagram you posted , so you need a brake switch , then whilst the brake switch is on you also need to twist 2nd throttle to get variable regen ?

Or maybe I could use just one throttle?

Any thoughts ?

Hi nickjs,
I connected only regular regen. You press green horn button and regen initiates.
Regen wire/plug/connection accepts wide spectrum voltages, you can supply to it 5v or 72v, so I connected regen wire to battery positive with crocodile through button (green button on my handlebar).
I did not fully explored and implemented option to connect second throttle for regen yet.

Attachments

• rank.jpg
    rank.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4,737
Finally my sabvoton has arrived , but I'm getting a motor over temperature system error in the software

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the software to disable this , so it won't let me run the hall auto map .

There is a white temp wire in the hall plug , how is this wired , can I bypass this ?

Doesn't anyone have the 36 fet version of This controller if so please review

I have the new 36 fett 72200. Not running yet- still a few weeks off.
They (QS motor) no longer unlock sabvotons, i asked them to unlock this one and they refused. It runs 200 batt amp and 450 phase at a max of 90 volts according to specs i have seen. This should pack more than enough punch for an ebike... 18kw with my 22s 18p pack of 30Qs with the QS moster hubbie

Attachments

• rps20171002_215947.jpg
    rps20171002_215947.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4,291
Some time ago I too asked for the unlocked 36fets controller but got the same answer thet they don't unlock 36fets controllers.

Back