NIU N1 e-scooter RS485 issue

starmoral

10 µW
Control module does not function. Have error code 00 on display. Is anybody there with similar issue? Or does someone can suggest is it possible to skip this module in order to make speed controller works, i will attach schematics. For now i can only drive up to 20km/h, like it is lock on 1st speed mode.

Attachments

• schematic 1804.jpg
    schematic 1804.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 2,351
  • central module.jpg
    central module.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 2,351
no, i bought it in China 2015.,and exported to Europe. So by doing that i broke warranty. Rules and regulations :lol:

Was it working before?

It would be good to know what that error code means. Is there any documentation or somebody to ask?
Make sure the 3-speed switch is working. You might try unplugging it, which would put you in speed 2.

Of course was working before.,but i unplugged unit because inside is GPS with SIM card which i wanted to change, and when i was putting it back i forgot to cut the power so that is how error came. There is Users manual, pictures i sent is from that pdf. I can attach link if you like to see complete. Do you mean unplugging speed switch only ,where hand control is ?

http://www.niuscooters.nl/N1S-Service-Manual-English-V1-0.pdf

starmoral said:
Of course was working before.,but i unplugged unit because inside is GPS with SIM card which i wanted to change, and when i was putting it back i forgot to cut the power so that is how error came. There is Users manual, pictures i sent is from that pdf. I can attach link if you like to see complete. Do you mean unplugging speed switch only ,where hand control is ?

http://www.niuscooters.nl/N1S-Service-Manual-English-V1-0.pdf

Yes, unplug the speed switch anywhere between the switch and the controller. Worth a try, but it seems more likely the display unit failed. It may be possible to get a new display unit.

did not work. I found out that one of Control module resistor is burned, so now i know reason. But question is what can i use instead of this module to make it work again??? Its 60v system not so easy to find proper fit, anyone have any recommendation ?

Attachments

• module burned.jpg
    module burned.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 2,289
Is that in the display?

The part is labeled U6, so I would assume it used to be an integrated circuit or transistor. It may have fried due to a short in something downstream. Maybe not.

With most of these systems, the display unit switches the power to the controller logic, so there may be a way to make it power up without the display, but you'd be stuck with whatever the default settings are when you turn it on. Changing most of the settings requires a serial data command from the display to the controller.

In looking at the picture closely, it seems like the fried part was switching the two end wires on P5 (follow the traces). I'd guess this is what switches the logic power to the controller. It may be possible to use a mechanical switch to turn on the controller by connecting the two end wires. Of course this could also result in a big spark and some smoke if something downstream is shorted. You might try shorting the two end wires to see if the thing powers up.

Back