V moto E max 120 s

Hi all!
I bought a E-MAX 120L (VMOTO) Black / Orange a few weeks ago. I Was very Happy. :lol: but....
After a few days of use, the first problems began: :cry:
I leave home with 100% batteries;
after a few kilometers (about 5 of which 3 at a constant maximum speed of 65 km / h), the scooter turns off (as if the side stand was inserted), and the display writes "scooter disabled";
I switch it off by turning the key;
Wait a few moments and then restart the scooter;
the batteries mark residual charge 01% - KM residual 00 - but still 54V;
I try to start and the scooter works properly, but display shows wrong charge of (lithium) batteries.
It seems that the problem occurs when you go in MAX mode by holding the handle at most for a little (less than a minute) .... the voltage drops drastically to 46 and the scooter goes out and on the display I read SCOOTER DISABLED.
At this point I must stop completely, turn off the scooter (switch off key) and restart; if I try to do this when riding, it does not solve the problem (probably because of the sensors that detect the motor spinning, as it is not possible to switch from gear to reverse without stopping completely).
could the contacts be? or maybe some cell that goes down short and the control unit reads "0" for a while and then tilt mode?
(sorry for my english, hope you understand me)
please help me!
Regards

Sounds like the kickstand switch is playing up?

HI, thank for reply. this is the first thing that came to my mind,
but unfortunately it does not depend on this, because if the kickstand is opened during the ride and then closed, the engine automatically restarts.
It would also not explain the fact that the battery charge indicator shifts to zero and it becomes indispensable to stop completely to restart the engine.

Mapyx said:
HI, thank for reply. this is the first thing that came to my mind,
but unfortunately it does not depend on this, because if the kickstand is opened during the ride and then closed, the engine automatically restarts.
It would also not explain the fact that the battery charge indicator shifts to zero and it becomes indispensable to stop completely to restart the engine.
Could you have corrosion on the battery terminals. I had this because of one screw coming loose on my lifepo4 pack half way through at about the 8th cell in the 16s. Once I cleaned it my volt reading on cell log became sensible again and I had better power back.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Hi, i also have a V moto E max 120 s, with SLA batteries and the sevcon controller.
I would lie to increase the top speed of the bike for a little outlay as possible.

Am I correct in thinking the controller can tolerate 63V max, so adding another 12V battery would up the max system voltage?
Has anyone doe this, does the weight gain from the extra battery negate any speed improvement?
Does the battery meter still work with the additional voltage?

Does the controller have a SW speed limit ? it seams that 45mph is the max i get even going down hill (like the re-gen kicks in at over this speed).

Are there any other options? Are there any tweaks to the Sevcon settings to get more speed?

skinnersplace said:
Hi, i also have a V moto E max 120 s, with SLA batteries and the sevcon controller.
I would lie to increase the top speed of the bike for a little outlay as possible.

Am I correct in thinking the controller can tolerate 63V max, so adding another 12V battery would up the max system voltage?
Has anyone doe this, does the weight gain from the extra battery negate any speed improvement?
Does the battery meter still work with the additional voltage?

Does the controller have a SW speed limit ? it seams that 45mph is the max i get even going down hill (like the re-gen kicks in at over this speed).

Are there any other options? Are there any tweaks to the Sevcon settings to get more speed?

If you have 48V version(nominal voltage), at full charge batteries reach around 58V. If you add another 12V battery and do a full charge, it will be too much, you will probably burn your e-max electronics, so don´t do that.

You need to reprogram your Sevcon controller. Yes, it has software speed limit, that is all you need. I´ve done it few times. You will need cable and software to do it.

I don't suppose anyone knows a source (or the dimensions) for the front fork seals on a 120s?
Many thanks

Back