Wiring help

Dumsterdave

100 W
ok, i already got input from someone on how i should be able to wire this all together, but i would like to see if anyone else has some other way.

I have a cycle analyst, em3ev infinion controller and a 52v battery. My bike has a on/off key, the controller has 2 wires that must be connected to turn on the controller (and i have a on/off switch that plugs directly into the contoller plug).
So, to turn the controller on or off i just flick the switch, but..... i was thinking about integrating the key into the equation. Kind of a double safety thing (turn the key, then hit the on/off button). Could i wire the ignition key directly to the battery cable and leave the on/off switch connected to the controller ? or is that to much current flowing through the ignition key? Also, my battery's BMS has a wire that is supposed to be connected to the ignition to automatically turn off the controller when the battery has reached a certain low level.

So, how do i connect all these? the ignition key has two wires, the controller has 2 wires, the on/off switch has 2 wires, the battery has 2 wires but the BMS has 1 wire..
heres a few pics to maybe help you guys help me :)

Thanks a lot

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

I have the same basic set up. I use my key switch in seires with the ignition wire. So when I leave the bike unattended I remove the key so that the ignition on/ off switch is disabled. This is the simple solution and the key switch has a very low current through it as opposed to using the battery directly which will eventually damage the switch.

One of the two controller ignition wires is connected internally to Vbatt. You can either use a meter to test the voltage from each of the two wires to Gnd (use the one that doesn't read any voltage) OR hook up either wire to the BMS ignition control wire and use the one that works. Just slip some shrink over the ignition wire you're not using.

Wire switch in series with key switch and use controller ignition wire NOT connected to Vbatt. Here's a rework of your posted BMS illustration.

bms.png

The BMS controller ignition control is a nice feature - eliminates BMS heating and current rating issues. How about a link to the BMS vendor?

teklektik said:
The BMS controller ignition control is a nice feature - eliminates BMS heating and current rating issues. How about a link to the BMS vendor?

Its in russian, but here is the link :)
http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=35853.0

Back