Infineon controller help :)

Dumsterdave

100 W
I have a cheap 1000w rear hub motor that came with a kit. It has hall sensors and a blue, green and yellow phase wires. My controller is a 12 fet em3ev infineon sensorless controller also with blue, green and yellow phase wires (I know I should've probably gotten the sensored controller, but I thought my hub was without hall sensors when I bought the controller). I haven't programmed the controller. I just connected the wires and tried to run the bike, but nothing happens. I tried to swap the phase wires around, but nothing... Does the thing not work at all if I don't connect it to the computer first? I only have a MacBook and the infineon software is for Windows only. I also have a cycle analyst 3 if that makes any difference. Please help me figure out why this hub won't spin :(

Your first best bet is to get the manual from EM3EV for hte controller to be sure the other wires are all correctly connected to your stuff, and that your battery voltage is high enough to be over the controller's LVC.

The motor wire order won't matter except for direction of spin.

Most likely either you don't have the ignition/keyswitch wire connected to battery +, or your battery is not high enough voltage to enable the controller, if the controller does absolutely nothing.

amberwolf said:
Your first best bet is to get the manual from EM3EV for hte controller to be sure the other wires are all correctly connected to your stuff, and that your battery voltage is high enough to be over the controller's LVC.

The motor wire order won't matter except for direction of spin.

Most likely either you don't have the ignition/keyswitch wire connected to battery +, or your battery is not high enough voltage to enable the controller, if the controller does absolutely nothing.

The battery is 14s8p of 30q cells and the BMS does not have a high limit. The controller is only 40A, this pack should easily put out that. The only things that are connected to the controller are the cycle analyst 3, an on/off switch and cruise button... Everything else is attached directly to the CA (ebrake cutoff, 3 speed switch and throttle)

Back