E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
[e]I will need spare parts where can I find them?

I contacted both Suntour North America and Suntour Taiwan for replacement crank arms. Taiwan referred me to contact North America. I never was able to do this. I ultimately purchased crank arms through Stealth. I wonder if maybe contacting them for transmission parts would be the way to go? I will find out.[/quote]

Rix if you can get Stealth to ship spare parts for Vboxx this would be a really big deal for DIY guys like me and others here on the forum.
I for sure will need a new gasket on the right side cover.
Please keep me updated if you have any news about this :[/

Sure will do Grande Allesagio! Today is Saturday in Australia. I should have an answer by Sunday late afternoon US West Coast time.[/quote]

Haven't forgot about this.

So, I’ve owned the b52 for around 40 days and was almost ready to sell it because I thought it was boring, then I decided to try it in off-road mode, words cannot describe the feeling I get, now my question is how does the b52 perform in sand? I’ve noticing when turning I would fall of the bike

Sweet, its completely different machine when in off road mode. As far as sand goes, turn while on the throttle and weight shifted towards the rear. Sand riding takes alot of power, not sure the Bomber with a rider more than 120# pounds will have enough power to ride in sand very well. My 2015 CRF250L was modded and put out about 30HP, if I was in any gear taller than 2nd, it would bog down to stall in the sand. Don't be surprised a 8HP isn't enough power for sand riding. As far as voiding the warranty, I like ST35326 said, Stealth did put out a while back (2012-2013) not to ride these bikes in the sand after CD burned up his stater. All newer model Stealth Bombers, Fighters, and Hurricanes, have motor and controller thermo management. I don't thing anyone can burn up a controller or motor now because thermo managment will engage and knock power back to 1500 watts or so.

Rix said:
Don't be surprised a 8HP isn't enough power for sand riding.

Yup :mrgreen: 13,5 to 15 HP on a Bomber is better on deep sand .... but I can't ride all day long anyway there because after a few km my QS205 reaches about 100°C
A great idea is to ride on sand just after the rain stopped because in every other place the e-bike fills up with mud and instead the wet sand is compact with consequent lower motor effort

Rix said:
As far as voiding the warranty, I like ST35326 said, Stealth did put out a while back (2012-2013) not to ride these bikes in the sand after CD burned up his stater.
Yeah that brings back some memories. :roll:
In hindsight, I think my circumstances were the worst possible...it was a 40C day, riding in deep soft sand, and I was brand new to the whole e-biking thing so didn't give any mechanical or electrical sympathy to the thing.
That being said, it was ultimately an oversight by Stealth, and they came through, replaced my motor under warranty and like Rix said, eventually updated the design to prevent that sort of thing happening again.

Cheers

bigbore said:
Rix said:
Don't be surprised a 8HP isn't enough power for sand riding.

Yup :mrgreen: 13,5 to 15 HP on a Bomber is better on deep sand .... but I can't ride all day long anyway there because after a few km my QS205 reaches about 100°C
A great idea is to ride on sand just after the rain stopped because in every other place the e-bike fills up with mud and instead the wet sand is compact with consequent lower motor effort

Yah, wet sand is totally doable, even with only 8HP. Good tip Grande Allesagio

That being said, it was ultimately an oversight by Stealth, and they came through, replaced my motor under warranty and like Rix said, eventually updated the design to prevent that sort of thing happening again.

Evolution is an amazing thing. Like your Fighter my Bomber #143 doesn't have any type of thermo management, I have never had a problem and even though I did darken a 5404 once, it never failed. I guess that whole mechanical sympathy thing worked. Now its a more no brainer.

Interesting stuff here!
You've been able to disassemble the Vboxx? Did you follow Dlogic videos?
My Vboxx should be repaired as well because I lost 1°, 2° and 4° gear and I was thinking of disassemble it during winter time but when I will find out what's wrong and I will need spare parts where can I find them?[/quote]

Yeah I have taken apart its not that big a deal. Really of you are careful you will be fine. The only 2 things that are critical are when putting it back together the gears have to be in a very specific position. There are stops on the gears that have to line up with each other. The other thing which is part of that is positioning the shift shaft that attaches to the hand control in the correct way. Basically make sure to put it back on in the same orientation you took it off or close to it. Take a bunch of pictures as you dissemble, and be aware that the grease may hold a spacer to the cover and not the shaft. If you have followed others on the forum regarding the amount of grease added to the vboxx you will see a boatload in there...I think its fine... actually prob helps keep stuff from rusting inside. Its not exactly water tight... :}

1abv said:
Yeah I have taken apart its not that big a deal. Really of you are careful you will be fine. The only 2 things that are critical are when putting it back together the gears have to be in a very specific position. There are stops on the gears that have to line up with each other. The other thing which is part of that is positioning the shift shaft that attaches to the hand control in the correct way. Basically make sure to put it back on in the same orientation you took it off or close to it. Take a bunch of pictures as you dissemble, and be aware that the grease may hold a spacer to the cover and not the shaft. If you have followed others on the forum regarding the amount of grease added to the vboxx you will see a boatload in there...I think its fine... actually prob helps keep stuff from rusting inside. Its not exactly water tight... :}

Do you think is possible to remove one side cover then remove the central cover and reassembly the V-boxx without central cover to check what prevents proper operation during gear shifting?
On my V-boxx I noticed a nice leaking of the fluid I used (CRC Quicklean) on the right side while washing it from old grease. Is there a gasket on both side covers?

Cricket_Swe said:
Nice pic Brute!
+1

Got a reply from Stealth, for those that need to order Vboxx parts, contact Stealth. Luke handles sales, I presume he would be the guy to contact.

Rix said:
Got a reply from Stealth, for those that need to order Vboxx parts, contact Stealth. Luke handles sales, I presume he would be the guy to contact.

Very interesting.
1abv please let me know if you get the replacement gear for your V-boxx from Stealth

So,
Here is what I know..

Bigbore,
Yes you can remove the covers and put it together w/o the side cover, There are 4 rods that have roller bearings on them. Each one is unique, make sure you put them back where you found them.

There are gaskets on both sides. they are a pain in the ass to make sure they sit properly.

Rick,
I have contacted Luke as well as Suntour. Suntour told me to speak W Stealth. Luke is looking into it with his supplier right now. I will let you know how that goes. In the meantime I am also welding it. Not too hopeful for that because its a grey cast gear = welding no likey.

John in CR said:
How many 18650's can be fit comfortably in a Stealth Fighter?
Well I've just recently taken delivery of a box of over 200 18650's from which I plan to make a 14S14P pack for my Fighter consisting of 196 cells.
Allex did a mock setup to fit within the 120mmx120mm frame size. It's tight, but it should fit:
Stealth_Fighter.jpg

I'm just gearing up now to make it...got my JP spot welder, cells, nickle strip, heat-shrink etc. Just waiting on an SLA to power the welder this weekend and then I should be able to get started.

I'm hoping to have it complete by some time in February next year. Wish me luck. :)

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
John in CR said:
How many 18650's can be fit comfortably in a Stealth Fighter?
Well I've just recently taken delivery of a box of over 200 18650's from which I plan to make a 14S14P pack for my Fighter consisting of 196 cells.
Allex did a mock setup to fit within the 120mmx120mm frame size. It's tight, but it should fit:

I'm just gearing up now to make it...got my JP spot welder, cells, nickle strip, heat-shrink etc. Just waiting on an SLA to power the welder this weekend and then I should be able to get started.

I'm hoping to have it complete by some time in February next year. Wish me luck. :)

Cheers

That's a gorgeous set up it'll definitely be fun to watch you get all of them in that frame haha!
How much do you think the total pack will weigh?

JtHaas said:
That's a gorgeous set up it'll definitely be fun to watch you get all of them in that frame haha!
How much do you think the total pack will weigh?
Thanks!
Well 196 cells weighs just over 9KG or 19.8 pounds, so combined with some padding, the nickle strip, glue and heat-shrink I'm hopeful I can keep it under 10KG...maybe a tad over.
Considering this will be 150% the capacity of my original stock pack which was well over 10KG, I think it's a winner. :mrgreen:

Cheers

My V boxx is very overdue for a lubein. I have sourced some Reline cv2 grease and flushing agent, but how much grease do you squirt in each hole? I remember a previous discussion on this topic including research from yourself I think Rix. Can you help with the amount, cheers.

White Knight said:
My V boxx is very overdue for a lubein. I have sourced some Reline cv2 grease and flushing agent, but how much grease do you squirt in each hole? I remember a previous discussion on this topic including research from yourself I think Rix. Can you help with the amount, cheers.

Go 30cc of grease per hole for a total of a 120cc. Suntour calls for 20 or 25cc, but I found that 30cc is better as there is less pedal feedback in gears 2, 4, 6, 8.

Things starting to come together for this monster battery...
DSC_4186.jpg

I got mighty confused when I first started laying out the cells and for a while thought it was not going to be possible to make 7 cells wide fit...then I refereed back to Allex's layout pic and realised I was positioning it all wrong. The ONLY way to fit 7 cells within the 120mm width of the Fighter frame is if they are staggered. It makes sense now that I can see it, but it does make it tricky to assemble. I happen to have a napkin holder that is the perfect width for 2 staggered rows which I already used to construct the long battery I used in my recumbent commuter. Keeping everything aligned and straight is harder than you would think making one of these things, but it will definitely be worth it in the end.

I 'think' I might be able to claim worlds longest range Fighter once this is done. :)

Cheers

Hello
I recently purchased a bomber b52 (second hand) with 44 battery cycles and am having problems with it charging. I rode it once and charged it fine to 100% but after this morning's quick ride, it won't charge. The charger seems to start charging but then changes to red and green within 10mins or so. Has anyone else had this problem??
Thanks

Some of you will recognize this guy and know his influence on the ebike world. He spent a few days at the house. My son Jet took to him. Was great time.

Attachments

• jk.jpg
    jk.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,675
I was going to say, damn losing an extra few lb you look just like JK now!
Was this photo taken with a potato to protect his identity ? :lol:

Hyena said:

Yah no shit. It was taken with my crappy 1mxp flip phone camera. But don't worry, I jut ordered a new phone, its not a smart phone either. Infact its even older school than the flip phone, its a phone with the key pad on the outside, doesn't even flip.

Hyena said:
Jay, I'm trying to get hold of you - can you please contact me? thanks

Back