For Sabvoton sine wave motor controller users

Mine has the source of variable regenerative braking. Check if there is any difference between yours and mine. Places a photo of the pcb.

Mine has the source of variable regenerative braking. Check if there is any difference between yours and mine. Places a photo of the pcb.
Manny said:
good to know. I whas wondering if someone knows the connection for the second throttle? for the variable regen

took my sabvoton apart to check the connections.

Sabvoton_io.jpg

made a google doc to track the connections of the sabvoton

Sabvoton_io_2.jpg

J6 and J26 have pin 1 on the right side. J7 and J3 have pin 1 on the left side.

it wold be nice to complete the pinout.

Manny said:
update to the pinout added the 5V+ and gnd
sabvoton_2.PNG

Thank you so much for this, Manny!

Now if only we could get the software to work correctly...

guys , what do i do if my sab says i have motor temp error , but i dont have any thermistors !

does your hall connector have a 6st wire? if so connect a 10k ohm resistor between that wire(Yellow-white) and the ground wire(black).
the controller will think your motor is 25 °C all the time.

good luck

Is there any better picture/diagram to connect CAv3 and shunt to sabvoton than that original CNQS version? Its a mess for my eyes. :D

I NEED HELP! PPLLEEEAAASSEE!

I have been trying to connect to my 72V 100A Sabvotron controller for almost a month!

My windows 10 laptop gives me a "Device descriptor request failed".
I have ran every diagnostic tool and even had to disengage windows control over unsigned drivers (ch341.exe).

It seems windows views the controller as a device rather then a serial connection via USB.

The red light is on on the contoller and green light stays off.
The throttle, ignition and speed control all work fine (no load).

I have tried three usb cables and spent countless hours in front of my laptop.

I will be happy to donate to charity or even your pay pal account if you can solve my issue. I am that desperate!!!!
Cheers and thank you!

Dzerfas said:

I have been trying to connect to my 72V 100A Sabvotron controller for almost a month!

I have ran every diagnostic tool and even had to disengage windows control over unsigned drivers (ch341.exe).

It seems windows views the controller as a device rather then a serial connection via USB.

I will be happy to donate to charity or even your pay pal account if you can solve my issue. I am that desperate!!!!
Cheers and thank you!

Try uninstalling the drivers, and then going here > http://www.wch.cn/products/CH341.html which is the manufacturers website, and downloading/installing (CH341SER.EXE) the drivers there.

I'll also pay a bounty($50) to whoever can help me get this bloody controller working. Has anyone managed to get it working in win 10? I haven't a win 7 machine around to test it on.

I think; for easier connection on win10 we must use FTDI based cable, it means we have to buy any of that and rebuild to our purposes.
I'm using dual system notebook and the second system is XP so i can set Sabvoton up but i must restart system.

Sorry for my english.
R

Macscroge said:
I'll also pay a bounty($50) to whoever can help me get this bloody controller working. Has anyone managed to get it working in win 10? I haven't a win 7 machine around to test it on.

I got my controller 2 days ago, and in the Win 10 it did not save anything, even if I had green lights. Used the Bluetooth instead and it works great.

Anyone using a prolific chipset USB adapter might try this page's instructions and software:
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/92/20/prolific-usb-to-serial-fix-official-solution-to-code-10-error

per this post here on ES:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30680&start=50#p1398674

Dzerfas said:

Cheers and thank you!

2 possible workarounds:

The easiest: just find or borrow a computer with win7 from a friend/family member. It shouldn't be very hard to find.

A bit more expensive: purchase the Bluetooth dongle and use your phone to set up the controller.

Windows 10 is among the worst thing that happened to computers in history. Nothing ever works fine, I have countless issues at my work because of this piece of trash OS.

I did get the USB cable with my Sabvoton 72200 controller and had similar issues with my new computer which runs Windows 10. I also got the wireless dongle and ended up using it. Set up my controller and ALL the values and saved to file in under 5 minutes! Very well worth it IMHO.

Does anyone have pic's of the inside a Sabvoton SVMC72XXX controller?

Looking to add temp reading on my controller, but need to know where the wire(Yellow-White) is connected on the internal pinout.

zzrider said:
Hello,
I´m using Sabvoton 48V 100A (new gen.) controller for my e-scooter project. Now I have connected controller to my bike but there seems to be one problem I can not overcome:

Acceleration works fine but just after releasing throttle (to decelerate), overcurrent error is flagged (ID_8) and controller requires restart. Also, right after releasing accelerator, a punch from motor can be heared, sounds like motor attempts to make a brake. If i don´t remove my hand from throttle on full speed, this does not occur. What could be the cause of this and how could it be avoided?

I am using 48V battery and BLDC motor with reducer transfering power to the rear wheel via chain and sprockets.
Also I do not exactly understand why hall angle test gives out different hall angle values. For example, testing with currents 15-30A I got hall angles from 4-8 deg. When I physically measure hall sensor angle from my engine PCB I get 17 degrees. Why does this value vary so much and which result should be trusted?
I have attached several pictures of my initial setup.
Thanks!

I have nearly the same issue, i don get error but after releasing throttle at full speed the motor brakes relly hard until standstill.

After stand still i can accelerate again.

What can cause this problem? anyone an idea??

Thanks

matschi140 said:
zzrider said:
Hello,
I´m using Sabvoton 48V 100A (new gen.) controller for my e-scooter project. Now I have connected controller to my bike but there seems to be one problem I can not overcome:

Acceleration works fine but just after releasing throttle (to decelerate), overcurrent error is flagged (ID_8) and controller requires restart. Also, right after releasing accelerator, a punch from motor can be heared, sounds like motor attempts to make a brake. If i don´t remove my hand from throttle on full speed, this does not occur. What could be the cause of this and how could it be avoided?

I am using 48V battery and BLDC motor with reducer transfering power to the rear wheel via chain and sprockets.
Also I do not exactly understand why hall angle test gives out different hall angle values. For example, testing with currents 15-30A I got hall angles from 4-8 deg. When I physically measure hall sensor angle from my engine PCB I get 17 degrees. Why does this value vary so much and which result should be trusted?
I have attached several pictures of my initial setup.
Thanks!

I have nearly the same issue, i don get error but after releasing throttle at full speed the motor brakes relly hard until standstill.

After stand still i can accelerate again.

What can cause this problem? anyone an idea??

Thanks
mate, I had the same issue today with my Sabvoton 72200 and found out the the throttle settings have been set by default to 1.11V and 4.40V, but in testmode I had 5.00 at full throttle. I figured out these new settings 1.13V and 5.00V and it worked well.

What is your middle throttle set at? Im getting all of my throttle in the first 10% of my throttle twist. Would like to spread that out.

If anyone is interested, i found the solution for myissue.

It was tbe flux weakening was set to 50A from factory, but the flux weaken switch was off so i didnt care about the 50A.

After i set it to 0 the controller worked as it should.

st35326 said:
What is your middle throttle set at? Im getting all of my throttle in the first 10% of my throttle twist. Would like to spread that out.

The answer seems to be mid throttle seen here on the app.

Attachments

• the.jpg
    the.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4,311
Help with SVMC 72150 Controller Wiring please.
I recently purchased a controller (NCyclebike, China) but it is wired differently to anything I've seen from Mqcon / Sabvoton. The controller is pre-wired with a "waterproof" loom (for the functions of speed throttle, brake lever switches & TFT display). Fair enough, but separately there is also a male 3-pin connector (black, green, yellow) and a female 3-pin connector (brown, green, yellow). I have asked the vendor repeatedly what these wires are for but they won't or can't tell me (absolutely shocking, but I've reached a dead-end..!).
I'm told that the connectors should be separated for normal running, but joined for programming.
Does anyone know how those connectors correspond to the SVMC standard wiring diagram...?

I have a 3000w 72v barrel-type chain drive motor, and I was wondering if there is any way i could find the optimal current loop kp for it, or will i just have to do trial and error?
Thanks!

Back