Pouch tab connection system

Inwo

10 kW
Cad plated copper bus bars.
Threaded 10/24 brass captive nuts and machine screws.
Oxide inhibiting grease between layers.
2p shown connecting 4 tabs.

MVC-007F.JPGMVC-008F.JPGMVC-010F.JPGMVC-019F.JPG

Looks like a great idea. For connections between cells, it seems like you only need clamping force, not conductivity. For the end cells, conductivity is good.

Where do you get the copper bus bar stuff?

Ebay.
About $2.00/pc
I got a 100 for $.50/pc last year.

Now the guy won't answer my messages. Must have beat him up too much.
Told him 500pcs then weenied out on him. :roll:
Now I wish I had more here. I'm about out.

Didn't use balanced cells so have to connect the balancer for a while.

MVC-010F.JPG

The only thing I can think of to make it "easier" is to use those press-in threaded fasteners instead of soldering nuts to bars; I forget what they're called. They are often cylinders with their outer circumference engraved with "corrugations" that bind into the softer metal of the hole they go into.

Sorry I can't give a better description. :(

amberwolf said:
The only thing I can think of to make it "easier" is to use those press-in threaded fasteners instead of soldering nuts to bars; I forget what they're called. They are often cylinders with their outer circumference engraved with "corrugations" that bind into the softer metal of the hole they go into.

Sorry I can't give a better description. :(

Do you mean rivnuts?

No, as those are usually a lot taller, though they might work too if he has the space under the tab clamps.

What I'm talking about is designed to press-fit into the hole; they're used to custom-build lab and test equipment all the time, and other stuff. Generally they're no taller than just a nut would be, though some come in taller types (like press-in spacer nuts, etc).

Unfortunately I have a mind like a steel trap--everything comes out crushed and mangled. :(

amberwolf said:
No, as those are usually a lot taller, though they might work too if he has the space under the tab clamps.

What I'm talking about is designed to press-fit into the hole; they're used to custom-build lab and test equipment all the time, and other stuff. Generally they're no taller than just a nut would be, though some come in taller types (like press-in spacer nuts, etc).

Unfortunately I have a mind like a steel trap--everything comes out crushed and mangled. :(

Maybe these? Though they are still longer than wide.

amberwolf said:

I know what you mean. It was suggested by a friend.
For now I g
Have lots of brass nuts.
Made up 30 of them this morning.. made solder "split washers" then heated 4 bars at a time to flow the solder.
Plan to offer them on ebay. Complete or kits.
It will save some time if I find press juts.

Check these grounding bars out.
http://www.mericon.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Jordskena-med-%C3%B6verfall-teknisk-data.pdf

They have pre-drilled holes with every other hole tapped for M5.
That way you can use one below and one above, you just have to widen the untapped holes a little.
Might save time. And they are pretty cheap. Atleast here in sweden.

I tried to find them on McMaster-Carr but could not find them.
Maybe it is a swedish thing......

REgards
/Per

Solid copper ground strap too soft? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Worldwid...438134&hash=item23819cf3ab:g:3iMAAOSwU8hY5Gtc https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Worldwide-Sourcing-Pipe-Strap-Copper-3-4-X-10-Ft-PMB-424/152498402219?epid=1100438134&hash=item23819cf3ab:g:3iMAAOSwU8hY5Gtc

self clinchers? Think solid copper would loose them. The steel clad may hold them. Bitch when they come loose. :oops:
41ymlmJnZ5L.jpg

Back