Domino throttle

CHEEZIE47

1 µW
Hi guys,
Im having problems with my new set up? Its a C & N 5000w 72v rear hub motor kit from China? I'm using the supplied controller and tft colour display and an upgraded Domino throttle. Problem is when i crank the throttle really hard the throttle symbol on the display lights up orange and cuts the power? If i throttle up gently and smoothly it doesn't seem to be a problem? Quite a bit of delay in throttle as well, i reckon i have about 10mm of play before throttle kicks in? I haven't tried the cheap Chinese throttle that came as part of the kit? Cheers Lads Gary..

It is not unusual when you set a new throttle to have some play before start. This can be solved and it is documented in many threads on ES, but personally I like it for high power bikes. I find it’s a safety that power won’t hit at the first touch of the throttle, for feeding high power without a clutch, it is good to have some play to find the throttle ‘friction point’.

Power cut in hard acceleration is a function/setting to prevent too high a demand on battery, or personnal choice to limit current for motor safety. This can be programmed, either through a CA, other control/display, or directly in the controller settings.

My battery is huge and is good for 84v? Could you point me in the right direction for what settings i would have to change please?

It is not the voltage that you need to set. You first need to know your battery capacity and C-rate spec. If your battery can supply a max of 50 Amps, you should not exceed that power setting for it would either damage your battery, or trip the BMS if it has one.

Programmable controllers are pretty straightforward. There are two settings for the Amps: Battery Amp and Phase Amp. You have to set the battery Amps within your battery limits, then tune the phase Amps according to your need for performance and efficiency. Phase should not be more than 2.5 times the battery current setting, and ideally lower enough to make your motor/controller run at safe temp.

Domino throttle use variable pot resistors meaning that you wipe from 0 - 5V.
Most throttles use hall sensors which wipe from 1 - 4V.
Most controller are configured for hall sensors so won't respond between 0-1V and will cutoff over 4V for safety purposes.
So you have 3 options:
1) Easiest: Buy new hall-based throttle and sell Domino Throttle
2) Hardest: Use a couple of resistors to remap the 0-5V to 1-4V Search throttle remapping on ES User teklektik provided a excel tool to help figure out the resistors.
sX63jCrfaEczbvT_Uchu_V8O-AcKtNInnZbyJvT-i5pMe708aKPEK9jSVowW-e6TfdeWogkc-RgwCByEfJslKt37AC41hlUtgQDJJhRZkkqXDvsIAlGpEL-wN1BTs3uvQGAnHQZXgXgRARQ5XCs4yCNrkTMriE5mS8gdUi2IJFj8i-vwZB8Hw8cNgwbPRjwPQSJjdhuW9qC5_mgjGFhOAxRRFssVskIZnnSiNlu6ATFUjhJgX3_hekhEO9Oeb96bh7yFYuPYVlzeRBQZ3NFszsp5WVaBBehk2O833R1TOnC5HhRSDx8Ax-FHcrqdF4tipy85L_5Q9DiJW2q6uAUE1h0OraIlHdtqCwFRKX4UP3bXMq9R0LqomxSKCRlx7_e6a5XfrGQWI9Aurpjb3EAVxiPvinghiGela-_WupqA2KlzTG-CEZapRcYRtxRLbXZucwMUBltfAwEp4d8s0jexb30DDEIIBdWu5WGGhfX3tyoLd4LgcS_znvdQasQJXF9EyD2ucXtQ5GypcmOdEvGWFhy9kF1ZUdYCIxioMNaiYyZCrht1kFZF8-wpHUPtiGhGHAr5CF4-XlhyOvNIV0UHGd4Nj66x7WUj6xdu4RnZHPA=w929-h716-no

3) Most expensive . Get an CA3 that will interface between throttle and controller and will do the mapping for you

I had this same problem. I put a 100ohm trim pot ( adjustable potentiometer) to lower the input voltage a little to keep it from cutting out the controller at full throttle. I’ll look for them I bought 10. They are so cheap so I bought 10.

Attachments

• 80BE4BF0-BA46-47BB-AAE3-EF65F01F5E69.jpeg
    80BE4BF0-BA46-47BB-AAE3-EF65F01F5E69.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,358
Back