Cute Q100H - 20" (406) Build

Papa

10 kW
I bought a 328 Q100H to spin a 20" (406) front wheel. I have a few battery choices: several 36V 4Ah packs, and a few 58V 4Ah (14s) packs. I'm pondering a Phaserunner, but still undecided. After reading, literally, countless hours of Q100 threads here, I've yet to discover any disassembly images, or users documenting system efficiency - did i miss any?

Yeah, you have missed a lot, not surprizing, given the ocean of info here.
First off, the Ebike CA simulator has the Cute 328 as a motor choice, so you can plug in your parameters and get the answers you seek.
But, of course, given an opportunity, I will kibitz.
You don't tell us if you are building a bike or a trike, so I searched your posts and it looks like a trike, but that is not listed on the sim anyway.
Concerning the Voltage, depends on how fast you want to go;
A 36 V pack will get about 20 mph.
A 52 V pack will top out a little over 26 mph.
There is an efficiency curve as well, but I can tell you things like, how fast you go, your weight and aero and rolling resistance will have a much greater effect than swapping controllers.
As far as taking the Q100 apart, I've been inside all the 36 V variants and have several posts showing the innards. Here's one by me that is more info than pics and a really old one by lynchy (cell-man) that goes back to when the Q100's first came out;
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70369&p=1061593#p1061593
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13998&hilit=cute&start=50
If you are interested in pedaling (PAS)< you might want to look at the 17 A and 20 A "KT" sine wave controllers from PWS Power. They are a great match for the Q100.

Yes, a trike. Already sampled Ebike's sim, unfortunately, the Phaserunner doesn't appear to be listed, so I wasn't able to pair it with the Cute.

Yes, saw the first linked thread - however, the second ('09) I apparently missed. thank you

1. Lamination thickness on the Q100H? Or... changes/improvements since the earlier versions?
2. Has anyone rewound a Cute?

Thank You, Ken

Yep I have a Cute 100H on the rear of my Steintrike. Works fine up to about 18 mph @36 volts. Had 12S Multistars previously and it tops out at 22 mph.
otherDoc

motomech said:
Rewind a $90 motor???
I don't think so.
I never said or implied I would rewind - just curious if anyone had. However, I'm not in agreement with the $90 relationship you impose. I'm inclined to think that the less one initially spends on the product, the more one can spent on improvements - assuming of course, the basic design has potential merit.

Back