Looking for fake engine and engine sound for E-chopper

A

Anonymous

So how about it? Anybody know where i can get a fake engine that holds batteries and fills up the frame? Or how about something like side covers that look like a v-twin?

I'm also looking for a throttle controlled sound effect of a chopper engine to go with it, i'm surprised both of these things are so hard to find.

I originally built the chopper up with an 80cc engine that i ported, polished, shaved, domed, cut the skirt and knifed the internals on but i never rode it because gas. Now i've got it turning electric but i still want to keep the chopper look and sound for fun as electric is just boring unless it's fast and this is a cruiser that i might ride 5 miles a week since the town is small.

Thanks in advance!

Here ya go. I had one of these as a kid back in the '60s.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V-RROOM-by-Mattel-1963-Hot-Rodder-Engine-for-bikes-IN-BOX-with-KEY-/132411575045

http://www.soundracer.se/?p=513

http://eveess.com/

[youtube]y39w3zX0XGw[/youtube]

[youtube]eGraodpVQu4[/youtube]

Thanks for the replies! That old Mattel engine is COOL, but i think it's a bit small for my chopper, i could probably fit a full size v-twin in there with room to spare. It's one of the old micargi 24" choppers with the big sweeping toptube and low BB that i'm going to make into 26" and i'd like to find something big enough to cover a 4x12-12 battery. If i can't hide the battery on the frame then it's going to go inside a set of saddlebags set as low as possible for good balance.

And as for the sound, the soundracer system looks cool, but it seems kind of expensive and clunky for a bike. I think i might just make my own. The Ada unit looks cool, but i think i'd rather get a bigger unit that i can do more with as a management system for the whole bike, that way i can just add stuff as i want like relays for auto charging from various sources like solar or plugged and other stuff like gps and digital gauges.

0fd2e8581de58749ea6e339cb52681a4.jpg

Here's one that won't cost you nuttin', unless you want to use a real collectable.

449d268f474fec9d062288a91d9387bd.jpg

[youtube]pR_Bs-xGy9o[/youtube]

Actually just the sound he was looking for. Does sound a lot like a motor. loop that sound bite, and let it play on the phone.

Seems like there was a kids electric bike a few years back, that had two 12v cells in a plastic V twin engine shaped case.

But it looked like cheese, hardly what I'd want on anything cool looking. You might look into a couple junk VW jugs, for a realistic look on the cylinders at least. Then sculpt the rest out of fiberglass or something.

dogman dan said:
there was a kids electric bike a few years back, that had two 12v cells in a plastic V twin engine shaped case.

I seem to remember that one but there have been some better built bikes that have the ice look, the juicer comes to mind and there was another one featured here but can't remember the name and if you want the Harley sound Chalo's farting horse would be as close as you'll get

Attachments

• Juicer.jpg
    Juicer.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3,544
chalo said:
7 second horse fart.
dogman dan said:
Actually just the sound he was looking for. Does sound a lot like a motor. loop that sound bite, and let it play on the phone.

Thus is a certain bike known as a 'Hawg.'

dogman dan said:
Seems like there was a kids electric bike a few years back, that had two 12v cells in a plastic V twin engine shaped case.

Looks even worse in person.

41A4g0yCcwL.jpg

reminds me of those guys drag racing while driving slow :roll:

I'd do it tho :lol:

[youtube]iICRglgHjaE[/youtube]

Back