Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Cowardlyduck said:
So I am getting closer to (finally) putting together my Alpha. I'm leaning towards an 18" MC rim I might be able to get from a fellow ES member.
I've done some searching and there seems to be some reasonably priced Shinko SR 241 available in 18" in 350-18 size.

The question I have is, will a 3.5" wide tyre fit the rear swing-arm of the Alpha? Would the rim width effect this?

What is the widest tyre that will fit?

Cheers
https://www.shinkotireusa.com/product/sr241-series/211922
Shinkos SR241 run a bit bigger than there measurements. I know that the 2.75-17, 2,75-18 and 2.75-19 SR241 run about 2.9 inches wide on a 1.40 wide rim. I can also tell you that both the 3.00-17 and 3.00-18 SR241 come in around 3.33 inches wide on a 1.40 wide rim. I suspect the 3.50-18 SR241 would fit, but you wont have more than a mm or 2 of clearance between the tire and swigarm. I really think you would be happy running the 3.00-18 SR241.

Rix said:
https://www.shinkotireusa.com/product/sr241-series/211922
Shinkos SR241 run a bit bigger than there measurements. I know that the 2.75-17, 2,75-18 and 2.75-19 SR241 run about 2.9 inches wide on a 1.40 wide rim. I can also tell you that both the 3.00-17 and 3.00-18 SR241 come in around 3.33 inches wide on a 1.40 wide rim. I suspect the 3.50-18 SR241 would fit, but you wont have more than a mm or 2 of clearance between the tire and swigarm. I really think you would be happy running the 3.00-18 SR241.
Thanks Rick, that's some great info there I was not aware of!
Sounds like the 3.00-18 would be the way to go...I don't think traction is going to be an issue anyway, so no need for the wider tyre.

Cheers

Hey CD, this is what I was talking about. Here is a pic of a Shinko SR241 2.75-17 next to an IRC TR1 2.75-17. For reference purposes, the IRC is a true 2.75 inch wide tire as it mic'd out at exactly 2.75" wide when I mounted it. You can clearly see the SR241 is a wider tire. Ironically overall outer-diameter of both tires is really close, less than .250 or 1/4" inch difference with the SR241 being slightly taller.

Attachments

• Sr241 and TR1.png
    Sr241 and TR1.png
    181.1 KB · Views: 2,957
Speaking of Alpha's here's my latest build, a poor mans stealth bomber, aka my 'Hadron' Alpha.
200w street legal mode and "skinny" 26x2.5" tyres for low key looks around the CBD ( :lol: ) and a 5.5kw offroad mode.
Free delivery service to a halfway train station :)

alpha1.jpg

Next up, christmas holidays and hopefully I can finally get my beta I started building 10 months ago finished!

Hyena said:
Speaking of Alpha's here's my latest build, a poor mans stealth bomber, aka my 'Hadron' Alpha.
200w street legal mode and "skinny" 26x2.5" tyres for low key looks around the CBD ( :lol: ) and a 5.5kw offroad mode.
Free delivery service to a halfway train station :)

alpha1.jpg

Next up, christmas holidays and hopefully I can finally get my beta I started building 10 months ago finished!

That bike is gorgeous. Geez talk about bike envy. I'm waiting for a paycheck before I can get any of the parts I need to complete the build.

Nice Alpha Jay, as far as your Beta goes, 10 months, what are you trying to do, retire with this project? :lol: For real, I know you are a busy man, but sometimes not having a build completed doesn't give us ebike addicts the closure we need.

hehe, those skinny tyres on Hyenas alpha make me do a double take! its on a diet for sure.

Ive been meaning to post in here for a while, cause I have finished TWO Lash Ebike betas! - One's for local sale too - so check the sale thread if your in Victoria. (or love a drive).

beta_complete1.jpg

Really nothing "special" about this build. Straight up tried and true parts list with plain jane black parts. It looks pretty sleek and mean though and for a low power unit is a heap of fun.

Suprised me with hitting 50kmh easy on the flats so its perfect-fast for bike trail stuff.
My battery build is a light weight but range loving 14s6p brick with 3500mah cells. I just uploaded a battery build video for this too. Nothing too exciting but might help some beginners get started with battery building. https://youtu.be/__gywpf-qCQ

With plenty of room for the plain-ol mxus controller inside the frame up the front. Ive left a port hole open for air. - temp tests so far seem like this will be ok. I'm loving the clean look and the extra work of running cables through the frame and paying top dollar for rubber grommets is WORTH IT!

I dont think i posted a complete pic (minus brake cable route) of my first one - so here it is for good measure.
lash-ebikes-white-beta1.jpg

Main difference is it has the 500w geared mxus and a manitou dirt jumper single crown fork. I freakin love this little thing! Need to do a range test on it, but I reckon real world k's are 50-500! - well maybe 200. It ramps up to 40+ ks no worries and climbs hills like a little trooper. Needless to say my partner Jacqui has claimed this one as hers!

I managed to get a MAC motor the other day for my next beta, so that will be fun. ... I still have a FAT 3k Mxus too for my lowrider-custom-chopper build so thats next years project. Think I might have to import a frame from the states for that though. Cant wait to start that build :).

Lash said:
hehe, those skinny tyres on Hyenas alpha make me do a double take! its on a diet for sure.

Ive been meaning to post in here for a while, cause I have finished TWO Lash Ebike betas! - One's for local sale too - so check the sale thread if your in Victoria. (or love a drive).

beta_complete1.jpg

Really nothing "special" about this build. Straight up tried and true parts list with plain jane black parts. It looks pretty sleek and mean though and for a low power unit is a heap of fun.

Suprised me with hitting 50kmh easy on the flats so its perfect-fast for bike trail stuff.
My battery build is a light weight but range loving 14s6p brick with 3500mah cells. I just uploaded a battery build video for this too. Nothing too exciting but might help some beginners get started with battery building. https://youtu.be/__gywpf-qCQ

With plenty of room for the plain-ol mxus controller inside the frame up the front. Ive left a port hole open for air. - temp tests so far seem like this will be ok. I'm loving the clean look and the extra work of running cables through the frame and paying top dollar for rubber grommets is WORTH IT!

I dont think i posted a complete pic (minus brake cable route) of my first one - so here it is for good measure.
lash-ebikes-white-beta1.jpg

Main difference is it has the 500w geared mxus and a manitou dirt jumper single crown fork. I freakin love this little thing! Need to do a range test on it, but I reckon real world k's are 50-500! - well maybe 200. It ramps up to 40+ ks no worries and climbs hills like a little trooper. Needless to say my partner Jacqui has claimed this one as hers!

I managed to get a MAC motor the other day for my next beta, so that will be fun. ... I still have a FAT 3k Mxus too for my lowrider-custom-chopper build so thats next years project. Think I might have to import a frame from the states for that though. Cant wait to start that build :).
Very nice Beta builds Lee, and check out the Betty, she has the Ebike grin going on. Awesome :!:

How have you guys done with the cables from the controller on the alpha frame? Drilled a hole and put them through it?

Cricket_Swe said:
How have you guys done with the cables from the controller on the alpha frame? Drilled a hole and put them through it?

Yep, thats what I did to my Alpha. I plagiarized Stealth's wiring setup. :D

Lash I love that black beta. Looks really clean.
And I see everybody really loves rubber gromets huh? I ended up buying a giant set filled with all sizes from amazon last year when i got the phasor so I'm all set on that end.

I'm taking my beta crankset back to my bike shop later today so I can get the chainring taken off my old cranks and put onto the new ones. The cranks clear wonderfully and the chainline should be near perfect when it's all done. Picking up the headset also and the bike should start to take it's shape later this afternoon.

JtHaas said:
Lash I love that black beta. Looks really clean.
And I see everybody really loves rubber gromets huh? I ended up buying a giant set filled with all sizes from amazon last year when i got the phasor so I'm all set on that end.

Thanks Jthaas, yeah they come out looking nice. A bit more turning circle would be nice on the grey one with the DNM USD8's but its not gonna be a problem 99% of the time. Good idea with the bulk grommets, I think I will do something similar.

In each beta I had to drill another hole in the frame to route out a cable from the main box to brakes / gears.
I also drilled a hole for the charge port on the side plate, but apart from that no other drilling. I use velcro (badass industrial stuff) to mount the cronroller to the underside of the frame.

I also tested out my neo magnets to mount the controller to the frame - this would also work. so that is a neat option too. (as long as the magnets dont mess with the electric "signals" / function of the controller. - im unsure of this. electrical geeks (engineers) ;) may know.

does anyone know of any kind of black "putty" kind of like bluetack but a bit more robust that could be used to plu aroud the grommets to keep dust / water out? Need something that doesnt set that can be removed for a tire change / maintenance and put back in...I had a quick look at bunnings - aussie hardware chain - but they were all glues, silicons or hard setting.

hhehe - and yeah rix she loves the ebike! taking her a bit to get used to it though.

Lash said:
does anyone know of any kind of black "putty" kind of like bluetack but a bit more robust that could be used to plu aroud the grommets to keep dust / water out? Need something that doesnt set that can be removed for a tire change / maintenance and put back in...I had a quick look at bunnings - aussie hardware chain - but they were all glues, silicons or hard setting.

The silicon used for sealing sinks and counter tops sets, but stays flexible and peals off easily when necessary. You could try mixing a little carbon black in for color.

Lash said:
Thanks Jthaas, yeah they come out looking nice. A bit more turning circle would be nice on the grey one with the DNM USD8's but its not gonna be a problem 99% of the time. Good idea with the bulk grommets, I think I will do something similar.

I was always worried about using my dual crown fork when I started this build becauss of the turning radius. If you're getting by fine with those inverted forks then it makes me much less worried about my own turning radius.

Rix said:
Nice Alpha Jay, as far as your Beta goes, 10 months, what are you trying to do, retire with this project? :lol: For real, I know you are a busy man, but sometimes not having a build completed doesn't give us ebike addicts the closure we need.

haha I actually had it 90% built then someone came along and took a fancy to it, but of course wanted it urgently. so I pulled my wheels and forks back off it and rebuilt it how he wanted it. I then got caught up in a bazillion other things and haven't had time. Thankfully I still have my functioning alpha, not that I get much time to ride it anyway. But yeah, I'll definitely get to it over the xmas break, even though there will be countless other distractions (ebike wise, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the firefly mid drive emoto in 2 weeks!)

Lash said:
They're actually one of the fattest downhill tyres you can buy! It's just the rest of the bike that's beefcake.

Nice work on the betas, though the V brake machined lip on the rear rim is killing my OCD :p
I used to think that lower powered on these doesn't do the rest of the build justice, but then the P7 seems to be doing well, and lately I've done a few rides on my alpha limiting power to 1500w and it's still a blast on the single track, so the beta would be even better. No doubt a big motor and controller battery current limited down to 1500w is still spitting out a heap more phase current, because the bike feels way more powerful than an off the shelf 1500w kit, but yeah.

JtHaas said:
I was always worried about using my dual crown fork when I started this build becauss of the turning radius. If you're getting by fine with those inverted forks then it makes me much less worried about my own turning radius.

It depends on the style of the fork too. My previous stealth fighter that had the stock RST forks on it had a terrible turning circle and I had to do a mini 3 point turn to get up my local trail station footbridge overpass. I assumed it was just the fatter frame at first until I fitted USD-8s and found them so much better. That's part of the reason I love the USD6s too, they make the bike alot more maneuverable in tight spaces and add to the overall more nimble feeling of the beta.

Hyena said:
Rix said:

haha I actually had it 90% built then someone came along and took a fancy to it, but of course wanted it urgently. so I pulled my wheels and forks back off it and rebuilt it how he wanted it. I then got caught up in a bazillion other things and haven't had time. Thankfully I still have my functioning alpha, not that I get much time to ride it anyway. But yeah, I'll definitely get to it over the xmas break, even though there will be countless other distractions (ebike wise, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the firefly mid drive emoto in 2 weeks!)

Lash said:
They're actually one of the fattest downhill tyres you can buy! It's just the rest of the bike that's beefcake.

Nice work on the betas, though the V brake machined lip on the rear rim is killing my OCD :p
I used to think that lower powered on these doesn't do the rest of the build justice, but then the P7 seems to be doing well, and lately I've done a few rides on my alpha limiting power to 1500w and it's still a blast on the single track, so the beta would be even better. No doubt a big motor and controller battery current limited down to 1500w is still spitting out a heap more phase current, because the bike feels way more powerful than an off the shelf 1500w kit, but yeah.

JtHaas said:

It depends on the style of the fork too. My previous stealth fighter that had the stock RST forks on it had a terrible turning circle and I had to do a mini 3 point turn to get up my local trail station footbridge overpass. I assumed it was just the fatter frame at first until I fitted USD-8s and found them so much better. That's part of the reason I love the USD6s too, they make the bike alot more maneuverable in tight spaces and add to the overall more nimble feeling of the beta.

Do you know where I could get some usd8's I've got a nice set of rockshox boxxer rc's i'm throwing on there but you're throwing quite the sales pitch towards right now... I'm almost convinced haha!

so, I am about to (slowly) start the Beta with LR kit build...
23805651_2187517737940398_1933652298_n (1) (1).jpg
need to get the rear wheel laced up, while I am away over the next few weeks, so it is ready when I am back in January.

I already have the forks - actually have a choice of two, Boxxer World Cups, or USD6. Surprisingly, these weigh about the same - 2.7kg.
IMG_2680.JPG

Based on looks alone: the USD6's will be going on. Keeps the bike "looking light", easier turning, and the gold on the World Cups just doesn't suit the frame.
IMG_2682.JPG

also: I have some cut-out sides from Hyena. I was looking at how I would put some kevlar/ vinyl backing to these, and realized that just using the solid sides, with vinyl wrap, and then the cut-outs, only adds less than 0.7kg overall. There is very little visual width difference.
IMG_2678.JPG

Also, I was going with a red accessories theme, but the key surround and top of forks and shocks are both cobalt/ electric blue. I will look for these instead.

IMG_2686.JPG
This is going to be fun!!

Attachments

• IMG_2683.JPG
    IMG_2683.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,663
PRW said:

I already have the forks - actually have a choice of two, Boxxer World Cups, or USD6. Surprisingly, these weigh about the same - 2.7kg.
IMG_2680.JPG

Based on looks alone: the USD6's will be going on. Keeps the bike "looking light", easier turning, and the gold on the World Cups just doesn't suit the frame.
IMG_2682.JPG

also: I have some cut-out sides from Hyena. I was looking at how I would put some kevlar/ vinyl backing to these, and realized that just using the solid sides, with vinyl wrap, and then the cut-outs, only adds less than 0.7kg overall. There is very little visual width difference.
IMG_2678.JPG

Also, I was going with a red accessories theme, but the key surround and top of forks and shocks are both cobalt/ electric blue. I will look for these instead.

IMG_2686.JPG

Awesome build. I agree the gold doesn't exactly look right with the grey frame also but I'm not going to go get another fork just because of that! Also on the key switch itself you can still go with that red theme if you like. The blue on the key switch is just the protective coating on the top of the key :)
Either way my build is ready to take flight now. I reckon it will be rolling in a week!

PRW said:
need to get the rear wheel laced up, while I am away over the next few weeks, so it is ready when I am back in January.

I

I

PRW, this Beta build is gong to be off the hook! For some guys, reading a playboy magazine gets them excited, for me its ebike builds like this one. :lol: Can't wait to see you have this going, vids are a must. BTW, I like the look of the gold tubed forks with the grey, but then again, I like the good fork look with army green also.

PRW we're all look forward to your build here now don't let us wait too long! So for your side panels you will be using both the Hyena side covers and the original wrapped in vinyl? Is that just for protection to your batteries in case of a fall? Or did I read that wrong.

PRW said:

WOW, Great project!
Will it be fast ?

JtHaas said:
Awesome build. I agree the gold doesn't exactly look right with the grey frame also but I'm not going to go get another fork just because of that! Also on the key switch itself you can still go with that red theme if you like. The blue on the key switch is just the protective coating on the top of the key :)
Either way my build is ready to take flight now. I reckon it will be rolling in a week!

thanks - the color also depends on which fork I use. Not 100% sure as yet - may try both.
Looking forward to see what your Beta looks like!

Rix said:
PRW, this Beta build is gong to be off the hook! For some guys, reading a playboy magazine gets them excited, for me its ebike builds like this one. :lol: Can't wait to see you have this going, vids are a must. BTW, I like the look of the gold tubed forks with the grey, but then again, I like the good fork look with army green also.

thanks Rix, will definitely do a video when complete. Have you tried the USD6 fork vs the Boxxer World Cups? I suspect function should be the more logical choice here, i.e. the 200mm travel and greater strength of the Boxxers would be better for my weight. Your green and gold always look good together.

JtHaas said:
PRW we're all look forward to your build here now don't let us wait too long! So for your side panels you will be using both the Hyena side covers and the original wrapped in vinyl? Is that just for protection to your batteries in case of a fall? Or did I read that wrong.

yes, that's the idea. I looked at carbon/ kevlar, then what I would fix it to; then realized I could just use a wrap, on the original side covers. The Hyena covers are understandably lighter and more flexible, and if I used them by themselves, I would still need a sheet of something to attach the wrap to.

icherouveim said:
WOW, Great project!
Will it be fast ?

It is geared for just 30mph, +-4500W. 20s6p 30Q battery.

thanks Rix, will definitely do a video when complete. Have you tried the USD6 fork vs the Boxxer World Cups? I suspect function should be the more logical choice here, i.e. the 200mm travel and greater strength of the Boxxers would be better for my weight. Your green and gold always look good together.

I have ridden the Boxxers before, but not on an Ebike. Ironically, I have a USD6 fork thats going to go on my next Alpha build. Got another Army Green Alpha frame in a couple of weeks ago. I have started buying components, but don't have a rolling chassis yet. I am waiting to see what happens with Adaptto. If they start offering the Midi again, this will be a highish powered build, if they don't, I am going with a light weight long range building with a MAC 10 motor and oil cooling. If I go this route, I will be pushing 3kw through the motor. Got Lyen's steel gears for the mods so we are just playing the waiting game right now.

Back