Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this nocturnal coughing/wheezing/sputum in my throat could be congestive heart failure.

People with Heart Failure May Experience --- coughing that produces white or pink blood-tinged mucus.

Yep, it's colored white.

Could also be nocturnal asthma.

Or post nasal drip.

Appears heart failure congestion comes in frothy white form. White and lots of tiny bubbles. Mine seemed pretty clear the last time I checked, a few small bubbles.

Just googled "mucus in throat at night" because it does feel like it's in the throat, and google brings up post nasal drip. That sounds innocuous.

So you're acknowledging the possibility that you might not have an exotic uncurable disease?

swbluto said:
It can be downright humiliating when you think you're cool with a girl that you've been hanging out with and when you ask her to become your girlfriend, she turns you down. Or, when you meet a girl and ask her out, you find out she isn't single and turns you down. Well, instead of looking for a girl the traditional way, why not ...

So I just keep thinking this might have been an interesting thing for you to respond to if Dan had said it giving you a hard time or whatever, but you just grab it and bring it or come up with it yourself, nah, just bland.

So anytime he's not posting before the Sun comes up in Texas I start wondering if the drug lords got him, or a hungry pack of abandoned dropoff ate him, or just that his writer has lost interest in the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/03/us/detroit-silverdome-implosion-attempt/index.html

Dauntless said:
So anytime he's not posting before the Sun comes up in Texas I start wondering if the drug lords got him, or a hungry pack of abandoned dropoff ate him, or just that his writer has lost interest in the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/03/us/detroit-silverdome-implosion-attempt/index.html
I like that line. "or just that his writer has lost interest in the story."
that is all this is, isn't it?

3000sq/ft house with a pool, garden and more. I almost forget the garage for the car flippin too.

Yep it sure is.

Dan

DAND214 said:
Dauntless said:

3000sq/ft house with a pool, garden and more. I almost forget the garage for the car flippin too.

Yep it sure is.

Dan

I'm working 16 hour days, not much time to post.

You're right! These 16 hour days are on my computer sitting on my kaboose, lol. 1 hour of customer conversation per day, 2 hours of shipping, then another 13 hours of pure work. The periodic 5 minute break I get gets devoted to walking because I need it somehow!

I got done a little early today because I have leftover work from yesterday. Though, it does seem like I've been a little more efficient today, probably because I walked a bit more today than in the past week. And got the pending naps in as early as possible instead of postponing them. Postponing them prolongs the sluggish tired nonproductivity.

Which is intuitive, and it seems unfortunate regular office hours don't usually permit midday naps. I'd think the workers would be more productive if permitted to nap when naptime calls, just like I am here working at home?

Talking about hush hush, curious people start poking around when they see $2000 worth of merchandise in my hands. I'm evasive as always, especially when it's other men (I know they're asking because they want to do it too), got to protect the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Even if they did know... however... I'd know they couldn't replicate my success because I have specialized software that enables otherwise unachievable levels of productivity. My software is what allows me to make upto $5000/week. Of course, I still got to put in 16 hour days to reach that level of productivity, lol.

And there's other trade secrets that enable me to take and retain the number 1 position, this is what allows me to have 90+% market share. They're pretty open secrets, too, just that competitors don't really recognize it when they see it but customers sure do and it's partly why I'm popular! lol.

Of course, I think I'm just naturally magnetic with my customers (And girls too at times, it seems.). Confidence and pride seems to have that effect.

I think my success this year has much to do with 1) In currently high demand markets 2) I'm the leader of the pack taking the lion share's worth of the market.

I've always been THE sales leader where nepotistic influences are absent (or effectively removed from consideration, such as was the case with boyscout popcorn sales.). It's just kind of nice with banner years where that translates into a more than a couple G's, lol.

I'd like to think I get the lion's share of market, I get the lion's choice in women, lol. (Like the alpha female known as the HEB chick? lol)

I have no idea what the craigslist girl looked like, but... her invitation was pretty seductive. Those feminine wiles of hers had a way of ensnaring just like the HEB chick, but I resisted that temptation! lol. (Really, as I told her, I wasn't looking right now. And, even so, I don't have the means to text people.)

There's the scammers of craigslist, but her message definitely had that distinct ensnaring feminine charm uncharacteristic of scammers. There's no doubt in my mind she was a female.

It's good to see the navy saw it fitting to kick me out, for a lion doesn't belong as an ass-kissing subordinate.

[youtube]n2f501YWxso[/youtube]

Granted, never was really a pushover like Perry's early days.

It's funny how I was expecting a 2G boost from this christmas, nope, I vastly underestimated that! lol. I guess I'm too pessimistic, lol.

With this newfound wealth, I was thinking I should go get a trailer and haul in some stone to top this driveway. But then I thought... why waste money on that when the courtyard house could use it more? lol. If it were between a courtyard house and a usable driveway, I'd rather have a courtyard house, lol.

So same expense minimization as always. Splurging on a farm jack to remove the smaller trees is about as far as I'm going to go. My neighbor's idea to rent an excavator to dig up the pool and dig him up a pond - SCREW THAT! I'm not wasting money on rent! lol. It's why I bought this property, I'm not wasting money on rent! lol. Rent, monthly installments, monthly payments... avoid like the plague on physical assets where possible! Wealth stealers, (practically) all of it.

(Plus, I can't really get an excavator in the backyard without clearing out my front yard which I don't want to do. To remove the larger trees, I'm thinking I'll use a winch and start doing some digging, possible making good use of the auger to swiss cheese the base around the tree. I haven't tried out this swiss cheese method of digging, but it seems verry verry promising. The 20-to-1 mechanical advantage of an auger is intrinsically superior to a shovel with no mechanical advantage, just that it's very unidirectional in its digging, so it needs effective strategies to take advantage of it for wider scale excavation and the swiss cheese method sounds very promising.

I've already seen the promise of the auger in digging up the t-posts. Doing it by shovel and pulaski, PITA. Auger? Piece of cake.

And, did I say the auger is actually kind of fun to use? Gosh, I love this thing. It's so relatively easy and really effective to use.

He said with the rent being $800, he'd just borrow the millionaire's next door's excavator and pay the mexican worker a little dough. So, he decided wasn't willing to rent one, lol.

swbluto said:
DAND214 said:
Dauntless said:
. . . . or just that his writer has lost interest in the story.

Yep it sure is.

Dan

I'm working 16 hour days, not much time to post.

What are you talking about? You spend much, much time posting.

I for one am not saying I'm convinced that there is no hypochondriac north of Houston living a pipe dream and believing he can channel some ancient Roman architect and build an abode just like the conquerors had as governor of places like the British Isles. I'm just acknowledging that Dan is right to say this is exactly the sort of episodic journal entries one might have seen on the first online entertainment series, 'The SPOT.'

swbluto said:
Of course, I think I'm just naturally magnetic with my customers (And girls too at times, it seems.). Confidence and pride seems to have that effect.

Bad line drawings have their impact, too.

swbluto said:
It's good to see the navy saw it fitting to kick me out, for a lion doesn't belong as an ass-kissing subordinate.

So thanks to instagram's new rules on selfies with animals, we won't be seeing you taking a picture of yourself with your Roman Villa.

"A lyin'? You mean like in Africa?"

"No, that would be a lion."

If Nero could be a roman emperor, than I certainly can of my own private domain! lol. (Maybe this is what the HEB chick was desperately trying to keep in her grasp, she found an aspiring roman emperor and her wanting to become his empress.)

Roman villa, that's exactly what I'm trying to achieve on a slightly smaller scale. I figure sometime when I'm old and just like this 70 year old gazillioinaire next door, I'll construct one of these bad boys. He put his lifetime wealth into a wildlife refuge and resort house of sorts, I'll be putting it into a classic roman villa with the white marble ionic columns. I might add smaller ionic columns to this villa, but that might take sometime figuring out how exactly I'd be doing that since it'd likely be custom. And, it's settled, the exterior will be painted white.

Talking about lions, quite fitting given their place in roman history.

And this residence stole my idea! Well placed shrubs, lap pool and palm fronds. lol, well, at least I know it works. (And look, that 2 story north wing with a balcony I was envisioning...)

I think I might go for a 9 foot width for the lap pool. Might be kind of cool to row my kayak down it, have some place to use my kayak, lol.

romvilla.jpg

It's hard finding real marble columns designed for villas on ebay, but this looks promising. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Hand-Carved-Travertine-Male-Figural-Columns-106/290822059522?hash=item43b6587602:m:mcPe2A6Pw8yAItOFhYfpmlw

s-l1600.jpg

And these are hand carved. Wonder what it'd take for a DIY replication. :/

Now that's what I'd be looking for. 10 feet corinthian marble columns.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-10-Feet-Hand-Carved-Corinthian-Columns/290820526722?hash=item43b6411282:g:~PYAAOSwZVlXtAaW

s-l1600.jpg

From this seller, only $3000 each. For a 140 foot linear distance courtyard, I think I'd need around 12? Might be wise to eschew the columns on a resale property, might not have much resale value. But on a retirement property? If I can afford it, let's do it! lol

http://www.pbs.org/empires/romans/empire/nero.html

Nero started well. He ended secret trials and gave the Senate more independence. He banned capital punishment, reduced taxes and allowed slaves to sue unjust owners. He provided assistance to cities that had suffered disasters, gave aid to the Jews and established open competitions in poetry, drama and athletics.

Oh, well, this guy sounds like a Bernie Sanders, fighting for the good of the little man against the plutocratic suppressors. I guess Nero really isn't all that bad, I guess maybe his reputation is a little tarnished. Commited suicide by age 31, yikes, I feel like my adult life is just starting, lol.

Seducing married women... not too suprising... the most valuable women tend to get picked first, if at all, for marriage...

I tend to think the hoes in the world are skilled seductresses and they choose their targets wisely. (Or, somewhat indiscriminately if horny enough)

I wonder how often guys seduce the seductress? Because it almost seems like that's exactly what happened with the HEB chick.

It seems like hoes share the same characteristics of players. They know the right words to use, and how to use them, to make your heart melt and you just to want to be around them because they make you feel so good BUT...

When you're as old as me and you've been around... you KNOW many of them are MERETRICIOUS!

Gosh, I finally got to use that word contextually appropriately, lol. According to my english teacher, something that looks/feels good on the surface but ROTTEN TO THE CORE! lol. In otherwords, someone who makes you feel special, but has ulterior motives not in your best interests. (According to the dictionary, attractive on the surface but having no value)

(it's fitting the archaic definition of that word is a prostitute... thinking of players as male prostitutes seems fitting...)

So you around those hoes/players making you feel so special, be careful. Be very careful.

I'm not saying avoid the field altogether, but it's not unwise to be careful. I find it personally more trustworthy when I catch the girl as opposed to the girl trying to catch me...

The HEB chick, she didn't really use the "right words", but that body language... mmmmm.... so tempting....

The craigslist girl, oh yeah, she used the right words... lol... just made me feel so good.

When it comes to girls/guys, the ulterior motive is often pretty plain. Guys want sex, girls want money.

DAND214 said:
swbluto wrote:
It seems like hoes share the same characteristics of players. They know the right words to use, and how to use them, to make your heart melt and you just to want to be around them because they make you feel so good BUT...
I bet those words were, "It will be $14.74 please"
Those words have plagued this thread for a long time.

Dan

Lol, what?

On another thought... girls tend to be inviting when interested... if my experience is an indication, guys tend to be forceful which seems to work. (I don't mean physical force AS IN RAPE, I mean force of personality kind of force...)

The girl does the pulling, and the guy does the pushing.

It's an interesting analogy to the act of copulation.

I wonder if that's how it's supposed to work?

I thought it's supposed like birds and squirrels... the guy chases the girl, the girl runs until she stops and submits.

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, girls doing the chasing. Don't know if those are right kind of girls (Are they all hoes?)... because it's supposed to be backwards if squirrels are any indication...

swbluto said:

I'd build an egg crated box around each, there'd be a luan skin down the center for not so much a stringer as to make it easier to separate, then I fill it with silicon. Once the crate comes apart the silicon won't stick and the stringer will let it come off it in two parts. It'll need two shafts down the bottom to the base, one to pour and one for the air to come put. In case you haven't guessed it'll be sitting in the mold upside down.

I'd want to mix one part portland cement with 5 or 6 parts of plastic that at least part of has been ground to granules but some could still be in chunks. Best bet for that would be polypropylene, you can save your Starbucks and AM/PM cups until you've ground up 10-12 cubic feet. Believe it or not, let's say I used 2 bags of portland cement and made a statue of 12 cubic feet by volume of the unpoured mix, it would weigh around 200 pounds. The silicon mold would have to stay inside the egg crate to have any hope of surviving, I've never tried anything this large or heavy. If the mold can't survive the weight maybe it would be time to work with frothing urethane, perhaps 2-5 pounds per cubic foot. You could paint it and it would look good, but it would be vulnerable if you didn't clear coat it.

If you place the statue in water to see how much is displaced to get a volume, 12 cubic feet would be 90 pounds of water, or about 11 gallons. 12 cubic feet of concrete with the normal aggregate would be around 1,800 pounds. But I might guess that 12 cubic feet wouldn't be enough, I don't know what to say.

Dauntless said:
swbluto said:

I'd build an egg crated box around each, there'd be a luan skin down the center for not so much a stringer as to make it easier to separate, then I fill it with silicon. Once the crate comes apart the silicon won't stick and the stringer will let it come off it in two parts. It'll need two shafts down the bottom to the base, one to pour and one for the air to come put. In case you haven't guessed it'll be sitting in the mold upside down.

I'd want to mix one part portland cement with 5 or 6 parts of plastic that at least part of has been ground to granules but some could still be in chunks. Best bet for that would be polypropylene, you can save your Starbucks and AM/PM cups until you've ground up 10-12 cubic feet. Believe it or not, let's say I used 2 bags of portland cement and made a statue of 12 cubic feet by volume of the unpoured mix, it would weigh around 200 pounds. The silicon mold would have to stay inside the egg crate to have any hope of surviving, I've never tried anything this large or heavy. If the mold can't survive the weight maybe it would be time to work with frothing urethane, perhaps 2-5 pounds per cubic foot. You could paint it and it would look good, but it would be vulnerable if you didn't clear coat it.

If you place the statue in water to see how much is displaced to get a volume, 12 cubic feet would be 90 pounds of water, or about 11 gallons. 12 cubic feet of concrete with the normal aggregate would be around 1,800 pounds. But I might guess that 12 cubic feet wouldn't be enough, I don't know what to say.

So if you painted it with white paint, it'd look good, almost like white marble?

Getting those 24" wide 3d printers to print out the cross sections to make the pattern to make the mold from, sounds like a very interesting possibility!

Assembling the pattern from fragmented cross sections from smaller printers sounds like an interesting possibility.

Saw this youtube video recently suggesting affiliate work.

He posted a pic of him earning $130,000/45 days.

And you know...

I don't have trouble believing it.

When you're slaving away for an employer for some monthly wage, this whole idea of "sales avalanche" doesn't really exist and the huge windfall of money that follows. But, if you're selling a semi-popular product or service, and pared with effective sales literature... the revenue can be ENORMOUS, especially when it's hot.

So, moral of the story, sell a hot product/service or affiliate with someone who does, and you can make a A LOT of money pretty fast.

Anyway, he described it, as audience + offer = $$$. As an affiliate of an offer, your job is to find your audience and place your offer where they are likely to see it.

He was posting links to the affiliate pages of walmart and amazon to show the biggest guys do it. But, he really seemed to be pushing clickbank, the information product affiliate network. Problem with clickbank is that it's really only information products and there's a whole slew of people, like me, that refuses to waste money on information but has less qualms with physical goods. And the amount spent in the economy, 15 TRILLION, dwarfs the 10 billion spent on information products each year proving my point! You can make money pushing information products, but there's also a much larger market (much more demand) for real products.

And internet spending up to 15% of the economy now?

Okay... got some leads from my most recent dream...

She used to live somewhere near lincoln (As in an area, or street?). Used to go out with a band member, and something to do with Wendy or Wendy's (used to work there?). No more information.

And, there IS a street in navasota, TX called lincoln street. Interesting. And there's like 8 residences on that street...

I think that lead might be cold...

Would she be living there?

It's possible. A little farfetched, but it is a commuter town with high unemployment, so many people likely commute out of that area to work else where. And it is a poortown, hints suggested she was poor.

There's also a lincoln st. near downtown houston. A little farfetched.

And another in New caney, which seems unlikely, but not impossible.

All these leads seem /a little/ farfetched.

The idea she went out with a band member is pretty believable. Concern me much? Not really.

swbluto said:
All these leads seem /a little/ farfetched.

The idea she went out with a band member is pretty believable. Concern me much? Not really.

What do I think of your dream leads? Let me compare them to my dream of Monday night. This woman I knew, not seeing her around now, tells me that her mother is the one trying to kill me and she's about to try something. This leads to the supposed daughter saying "If she keeps trying she's going to succeed."

So could this woman have had a child before I'd even met her in college? It was suggested to me that she had indeed been pregnant years earlier and her parents sent her off to handle matters in private, but it just sounded like a rumor. So I met this girl while she was growing up, she took to talking to me once she was an adult, etc. But never has a connection between her an Psycho Cindy ever come up.

Guess what? It's just some crazy nonsense from a dream. I do remember someone she knew had seen an incident where the Psycho had tried to run me over and was really upset and went on about it for awhile, so this one was asking me about it. She was trying to make excuses that maybe it wasn't as bad as it sounded. But sometimes people just find something too hard to believe.

Do I think this is the daughter? No. Do I think Psycho is TALKING to whatever daughter about "Oh, hey, remember this guy I try to kill whenever I have a bad and see him? I think I have a plan. . . ?" Do I think dreams are psychic or somehow true stories? NO.

One of my older sisters had a daughter in high school and gave her up for adoption. So when I was in college I met this family that had what I thought was their own daughter, who one day came looking for her natural mother through the family doctor and she found me. You never know where they can me, right? But that's still unlikely. She finds her natural mother and is spending time with her, but has just happened to have met me? Not impossible, but such a stretch.

But you believe in stretches, don't you? Ockham's Razor? Never, eh? Not possible that the simplest possible explanation is nearly always the correct one. For you, anyway.

Her situational factors, though, weren't NOT ordinary. Desperation and urgency, seems she was looking for a place to live. What happened after that could be anything but the simplest explanation. But, the simple explanation is she found someone who lived in the area, moved in, and she might still be working in that area at another retail establisment. Or, she might simply not be working. Or she moved somewhere else to live with related family, etc.

Anyway, yahoo deletes my latest answer. Weird how all my insightful answers get deleted, making me look like a simpleton in my answer history. :roll:

In the article titled "All millenials want for christmas is one student loan payment"...

My reply....

All I want for christmas if for the financial lords of the lords of the land to go F themselves, and die a fiery death for foisting a highly inflated debt on an entire generation who simply pursued their dreams, to achieve a middle class lifestyle, pseudo necessitating a college degree in the wake of the Great Recession.

*BAM* deleted.

Wow, I guess the truth hurts, lol. I didn't specifically point out the Big Banks or anything, but I guess "financial lords of the land" was enough to upset someone! lol. Ever allude to those guys and almost guarantee your answer is getting deleted.

swbluto said:
My reply....

All I want for christmas if for the financial lords of the lords of the land to go F themselves, and die a fiery death for foisting a highly inflated debt on an entire generation who simply pursued their dreams, to achieve a middle class lifestyle, pseudo necessitating a college degree in the wake of the Great Recession.

*BAM* deleted.

You have to remember it's an embarrassment to them after you've shot 37 people that they let your manifesto stay up. Besides, it's the people paying the bills you want to take out, why would they want that? Of course they want to tell the people paying the bills that they don't want anything you're talking about to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back