Mobipus FOC sine wave controller

Mywpn

1 W
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum. I’ve been flicking through for over 12 months now. Just haven’t made the plunge into posting. I’m after the Mobipus controller. But am wanting too run up too 250 battery amps. Not for long periods that’s for sure. Is it able to support anywhere near 150v? And where will I get one. Ballarat bikes is an hours drive from me. But I’ve tried calling messaging with no response so I’m not looking to deal through him anyway. I run an automotive business if I done that to my customers. I wouldn’t have any. Anyway rant over. I run the 96v sabvoton now, but looking To go up to 150v. If anyone has any other suggestions on controller I’d love to hear it.

Unfortunately for us, Mobipus doesn't sell them individually anymore. Only to companies in huge orders.

The very few dealers that had them are sold out and don’t seem to plan buying them anymore.

So, either you try to convince the manufacturer to sell you one, or ask them where you can buy one retail.

Their controllers will not run the high voltage that you asked though, but you might be able to replace the mosfets and caps to upgrade them.

If you're designing from the ground up, using 20s (and hence 100v mosfets) would be meaningfully higher power and system efficiency for a given drivetrain mass than going to 150v.

Mywpn said:
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum. I’ve been flicking through for over 12 months now. Just haven’t made the plunge into posting. I’m after the Mobipus controller. But am wanting too run up too 250 battery amps. Not for long periods that’s for sure. Is it able to support anywhere near 150v? And where will I get one. Ballarat bikes is an hours drive from me. But I’ve tried calling messaging with no response so I’m not looking to deal through him anyway. I run an automotive business if I done that to my customers. I wouldn’t have any. Anyway rant over. I run the 96v sabvoton now, but looking To go up to 150v. If anyone has any other suggestions on controller I’d love to hear it.

I have not seen a post from the owner of Bellarat bikes for several months now.
Just the other day I was wondering what is happening with him .

When he was posting a year ago he was helpful , even offered to make some custom made plates for my MTB, Frame that has a through ( 12x 143 mm ) rear axle , so that I could bolt up a typical rear hub motor to it. And I live across the world from you down under.
But I have decided to wait for one of the newer mid-drives that are still under development, unless I sell my Mac Motor Bike.

Still wondering what has happened with him though .

I already have a complete bike done that is putting out close to 18 kw now. Which the bike is dangerously fast. But I’m looking to go at levels no one has been yet. May sound like oh this guy is dreaming. But I’d like to push to somewhere up too or over 100-110 mph on an ebike. Speed is no unfamiliar territory for me. I currently own Australia’s fastest for falcon xr6 turbo. Running a 7.78@180 mph.

As it stands now the bike will do 120km/h everyday of the week. At 108v max. That is fully charged. I’ve never really just had a fully charged battery and gone to maximun but at 190 battery amps it’s sag was around 93v that could be plus or minus a volt. I’m looking at 150v for the top speed because as it stands I have a high speed low turn motor that will require that sort of volts to get where I want to be. And honestly it’s hard to find a controller that will be capable of it.

liveforphysics said:
If you're designing from the ground up, using 20s (and hence 100v mosfets) would be meaningfully higher power and system efficiency for a given drivetrain mass than going to 150v.

Mywpn said:
Hi all,

You can still get more power from a ~20s system. That's an amazing drag time!
My ebike runs 11.51 @ 110.5mph in the quarter mile, and if I were going to do a ground up unlimited budget and time build, I would change my bike from 28s to 20s and run a turn less on the motor.

Mywpn said:
I already have a complete bike done that is putting out close to 18 kw now. Which the bike is dangerously fast. But I’m looking to go at levels no one has been yet. May sound like oh this guy is dreaming. But I’d like to push to somewhere up too or over 100-110 mph on an ebike. Speed is no unfamiliar territory for me. I currently own Australia’s fastest for falcon xr6 turbo. Running a 7.78@180 mph.

As it stands now the bike will do 120km/h everyday of the week. At 108v max. That is fully charged. I’ve never really just had a fully charged battery and gone to maximun but at 190 battery amps it’s sag was around 93v that could be plus or minus a volt. I’m looking at 150v for the top speed because as it stands I have a high speed low turn motor that will require that sort of volts to get where I want to be. And honestly it’s hard to find a controller that will be capable of it.

liveforphysics said:

Mywpn said:
Hi all,

ScooterMan101 said:
I have not seen a post from the owner of Bellarat bikes for several months now.
Just the other day I was wondering what is happening with him .
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=21059
looks like last post was only a month ago.

this post
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86225&p=1326986#p1326986 mentions a reason for not posting for a while.

Oh def If drag racing is your key thing. But I’m after highest top speed. Do you have a picture of the bike. Sounds like a weapon. I know mine has no trouble out accelerating the average sports car but come to 100+kms is when it’s at the end as far as voltage goes. Do you run a
Bigger rear wheel to get that sort of top end. Being that 110mph is low for a mid 11 sec pass as far as a car is is concerned. It’s impressive. What’s the 60ft 1.5’s?

liveforphysics said:
You can still get more power from a ~20s system. That's an amazing drag time!
My ebike runs 11.51 @ 110.5mph in the quarter mile, and if I were going to do a ground up unlimited budget and time build, I would change my bike from 28s to 20s and run a turn less on the motor.

Mywpn said:

liveforphysics said:

Mywpn said:
Hi all,

What turn motor are you running to get the top end it’s getting? Is it qs? Or custom.
Oh and seeing though these things are more than capable of the 110mph the goal has gone northwards. Ha ha
The only thing with going 20 s as apposed to higher cell count. Your going to have to beef the battery and wiring to a huge degree as apposed to the higher cell requiring smaller wire to produce the same power

Back