Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Rix said:
I have ridden the Boxxers before, but not on an Ebike. Ironically, I have a USD6 fork thats going to go on my next Alpha build. Got another Army Green Alpha frame in a couple of weeks ago. I have started buying components, but don't have a rolling chassis yet. I am waiting to see what happens with Adaptto. If they start offering the Midi again, this will be a highish powered build, if they don't, I am going with a light weight long range building with a MAC 10 motor and oil cooling. If I go this route, I will be pushing 3kw through the motor. Got Lyen's steel gears for the mods so we are just playing the waiting game right now.
will be very interested to hear what you think about the USD6 - you have way more suspension experience than me. A steel-geared MAC 10 would be great!

I'm getting close to finishing my alpha now. Got Alex's battery in the mail, should be here before the weekend. All I have left that I can think of is mounting the controller to the bike and dealing with the cables. The screen and throttle are connected and everything looks good to me. I'm a bit nervous about setting it up as far as software goes though. Never messed with an Adaptto before or any controller, but I have the PDF instructions and I can always ask you guys for advice :)

Andddd I'm back. With something to add this time.
The rear tire went on today and the clearance is perfect. It was the biggest pain in the world today putting it on but damn does it look good. I fit a 2.1 tire on that wide ass rim and I can say it was the tightest damn fit I've ever seen. God forbid it pops back there.
The geometry on this thing balances out with the rockshock r2c vivid in the back here. I'm happy my boxxers are going to work here.

The frame is light and the bike is probably under 40lbs as you see it.

I went with raceface evolve downhill cranks followed with the x type bottom bracket.
I'm throwing my favorite pedals on there an hooking up the chain soon. I will need a chain guide but I'm doing this as I go.

Also PRW, I've got to disagree with you now. I absolutley love the gold next to the grey frame. As long as I keep it simple this should be a really clean build. I'm looking forward to finishing it.

H2ktDkt.jpg

jl5p9dh.jpg

wHUg7sm.jpg

iGtICpz.jpg

Cricket_Swe said:
I'm getting close to finishing my alpha now. Got Alex's battery in the mail, should be here before the weekend. All I have left that I can think of is mounting the controller to the bike and dealing with the cables. The screen and throttle are connected and everything looks good to me. I'm a bit nervous about setting it up as far as software goes though. Never messed with an Adaptto before or any controller, but I have the PDF instructions and I can always ask you guys for advice :)

You should post more pictures of your alpha. I'm actually really anxious to be drilling holes in my frame but I want all the wires on the inside of the frame. The current access hole for internal cables is way to small for more than a brake line to fit through.

YOYu8Bh.jpg

As you can see my wires just aren't going to fit in there very well. Also I need the shift cable going through that too so it only needs to be widened a bit.
Could anyone reccomend the best way of widening that hole just a bit. How tough is the material?

JtHaas said:
You should post more pictures of your alpha. I'm actually really anxious to be drilling holes in my frame but I want all the wires on the inside of the frame. The current access hole for internal cables is way to small for more than a brake line to fit through.

YOYu8Bh.jpg

As you can see my wires just aren't going to fit in there very well. Also I need the shift cable going through that too so it only needs to be widened a bit.
Could anyone reccomend the best way of widening that hole just a bit. How tough is the material?
I have used titanium step drill bits on frames successfully in the past, but not on the Beta yet - I will have the same issue. Any other suggestions?

PRW said:
JtHaas said:
YOYu8Bh.jpg

I have used titanium step drill bits on frames successfully in the past, but not on the Beta yet - I will have the same issue. Any other suggestions?

I was going to use a step drill but I don't like the hole that far to the left side of the frame. I'd rather be far away from the welds when I'm drilling. I also don't want the hole to be gigantic so it's a little awkward. Kind of like Im drilling an entirely new hole but there's no material there to keep the drill bit from shifting.

xcsal6H.jpg

If that is the way you want the hole to be enlarged, you can file it with a round metal file, or grind it using a Dremel.

A little harder work, but you can get it exactly where you want and exactly the size you need :)

scrambler said:
If that is the way you want the hole to be enlarged, you can file it with a round metal file, or grind it using a Dremel.

A little harder work, but you can get it exactly where you want and exactly the size you need :)

Mark it off, dremel it, and then use a rubber gromet huh? I guess that's the only real solution to what I want. I have to do it twice for the exit holes but that I can use a drill bit on. Thanks for the answer!

I'll take pics of the whole operation when I get down to it. I work an awful lot at the moment due to supply/demand, even Saturdays. But when I have time I'll figure something out.

Cricket_Swe said:
Mail call!!

That's a real pretty battery but it almost seems small in there! What capacity is it?
Now how the hell did you get the rf chesters to fit on there. That looks awesome. I might add more batteries to mine in the future if I find the range is cutting it short for me. I've got my lipo 10s 20ah pack in there now. I can definitely fit more in the frame though.

It's plenty big enough, don't think it will fit if bigger. The edge at the bottom of the frame needs to be cleared when installing the battery after all. It's a 20s10p with Samsung 30q cells. So around 30Ah.

JtHaas said:
Now how the hell did you get the rf chesters to fit on there. That looks awesome.

The RF Chester is a perfect fit. But those pedals won't be the ones i use

And since this is a 10kw build, and I've had a nasty crash earlier in my life. I've also bought some protection! Better safe than broken!

Cricket_Swe said:
I got it att a Swedish dealer. It's called shark drak sanctus helmet

That's a really badass helmet. I want it now...
Dot approved? It might be heavier than I'd like. I have a bell transfer 9 but I also use it for bmx and dirt jumping.

Rix said:
Cricket_Swe said:
Mail call!!

NIce battery. plenty of room for running the wires. Is that an Alex special?

It's a double-decker, PITA to make them! Just make sure to use dampening material at the bottom of the frame for battery protection.
closed cell foam is the best.

Attachments

• DSC094611.jpg
    DSC094611.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,587
Allex p42 said:
Rix post_i [quote=Cricket_Sw Mail call!! [url=https://ib [/quote said:
NIce battery. plenty of room for running the wires. Is that an Alex special?

It's a double-decker, PITA to make them! Just make sure to use dampening material at the bottom of the frame for battery protection.
closed cell foam is the best.

I bet they are PITA to make. When the time comes, I will have you build me something with about 9P so I can be a single decker and turned on its side.

Back