Mini Cyclone on carbon full suspension

Have not been here for months, but if anyone is curious... I have been running 20 cell of HobbyKing lipos successfully with the CA3 controlling the 3000w throttle.
The key to riding success is the throttle is set on the edge of turning the motor and after the rider is on and moving, the throttle is set to about 10% to 15% so the drive system is always loaded with some motor torque. This prevents the drive line from having slack and allows full throttle on and off without breaking chains and sprockets.
My only problem now is breaking motor free wheels, I have one now that is locked solid and it is best... no need to try to pedal this bike is not possible.
Bottom line, this is the best ebike solution for wood riding without aggravating walkers and other bikers
1. Has pedals and looks like a bicycle.
2. If you have to be stealth, the 3000w at low speeds and power is quiet enough.
3. All carbon bike, with large studded tires with the batteries in the backpack keeps the bike feeling light and nimble... I do NOT notice the batteries and do not bother taking them off for breaks, a walk or lunch.

Old ride video... with 20s it is faster now, but did bother with a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggfEeStGSRM

which brand and type motor freewheels do you use? and how did they fail !

awesome feedback on the c3000w, seems to be the best high power mid drive out their ? ultra high torque and low noise !

how many Kms have you done now and have you had any motor or gearbox failures ? I have seen a few photos of broken plastic gears on C3000w and some people have had to upgrade to stronger plastic ones ?

I use standard free wheels. But it is important to note that woods riding involves a lot of full throttle followed by immediate hard braking... that is why it has 203mm brakes and the rear brake on the left hand. No way at high speeds could I get from full to hard braking if both were on the same hand. That should give you some idea how radical hard woods riding is... despite this abuse, the 3000w is holding up very well... FYI, the gear boxes have converted to 0 -10 SYNTHETIC using only GTL type oil

I do miss the the Cyclone 3000w power and speed of eCarbon using 20 cells. The 16 cells are much easier to ride on the tight muddy fall-winter trails, but thrill difference between 84v at 40amps vs the lower 67.2v at 40 amps is obvious. So what to do... Because I could not find any post specific to 3000w shunt modification or throttle ramps, I thought it worth a try.
After modifications, the fully charged 16s performance feels as fast but more controllable than I remember with 20s. The amps and throttle ramping must be the key to seat of the pants speed/acceleration/control improvements. Is it Amps or Ramps? ....the hot off the charger watts are close 84vx40a=3360w vs 67.2vx50v=3360w so I guess it is amps. Wonder how long will the controller last at 67v burning 50 to 60 amps

GNG would not compare to the cyclone 3000w GANG has less power and parts that may not hold up in the abusive conditions of woods riding.. mud. Water, sticks and stones

elementary said:
GNG would not compare to the cyclone 3000w GANG has less power and parts that may not hold up in the abusive conditions of woods riding.. mud. Water, sticks and stones

Which parts exactly are you referring to? I haven't heard good things about the bearings in Cyclones, and if we're comparing bare motor to motor, that's basically the only mechanical parts in comparison. are the GNG bearings so much worse?

The Cyclone motor has an internal planetary gear reduction which makes a two-stage external reduction unnecessary. So that is relevant to your comparison.

Maybe there are still some cyclone haters out there. So I thought it worth mentioning that eCarbon with a Cyclone motor and 16s Hobbyking lipos is still running great.

Maybe there are still some cyclone haters out there. So I thought it worth mentioning that eCarbon with a Cyclone motor and 16s Hobbyking lipos is still running great.

How are your cyclone kits doing?

I've been in touch with AFT and apparently this uses the same motor as their 1680W rated kit ( luna overpromising as usual, lol )... therefore all their little upgrades for efficiency, noise reduction, and durability could be applied to this kit..

Retrofitting these goodies onto a luna kit would make for a very nice compact mid drive... not just a cheap compact mid drive :)
The AFT is a bit heavy duty looking and heavier, otherwise i'd just buy one..

https://www.aft-ebike.com/kits--pricing.html

neptronix said:
How are your cyclone kits doing?

I've been in touch with AFT and apparently this uses the same motor as their 1680W rated kit ( luna overpromising as usual, lol )... therefore all their little upgrades for efficiency, noise reduction, and durability could be applied to this kit..

Retrofitting these goodies onto a luna kit would make for a very nice compact mid drive... not just a cheap compact mid drive :)
The AFT is a bit heavy duty looking and heavier, otherwise i'd just buy one..

https://www.aft-ebike.com/kits--pricing.html

The mini cyclone that I bought from Luna (which ig is just the 1680w kit) has been doing pretty well after 600 miles atleast. Not much mileage, but we'll see how long it lasts. It's running 2400 watts continuous now (60v 40 amps) and peaks at 70 amps. Used to overheat but ever since I added heat sinks I haven't had it overheat and it handles the power surprisingly well. I'm very pleased especially since people told me the motor would burn out at this power level.

Back